Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Agreed your in it to win it...they in it to win plainmoor.

Why taking so long For a manager...prob trying to get one for free.

I don't trust them end off
GullatPlainmoor
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by GullatPlainmoor »

FFS!!!!!
What the hell interest does this shark have in TUFC when his grinning mug is all over a £75 million broadband investment and he is not seen at matches.
Whatever is happening now with our new manager is only a sop to his greedy, greedy property and money pile building activity. The freehold to build houses on is his ONLY concern!!!! -- bas****
http://www.truespeed.com/about/team
Scroll to the bottom of 'About', then 'Meet the Team'
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

I still think GI will leave us in a better spot than when they joined... again just a differing of opinion. I hold faith that the local council will treat GI as any other developer and rationally scrutinise their proposal.

At the end of the day they are spending thousands each month keeping the club in the black, yes it is taking too long to appoint a manager but until this is done and he has been given 10 games then who the F**k cares about a broadband deal.

I for one (and probably only) take comfort that GI are clearly so affluent, better than those iriots who TRIED and FAILED to run the club last time round.
Last edited by arrywithanh on 31 Aug 2017, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

FYI Alex Bruce has signed for Wigan.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

arrywithanh wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 20:31 I still think GI will leave us in a better spot than when they joined... again just a differing of opinion. I hold faith that the local council will treat GI as any other developer and rationally scrutinise their proposal.

At the end of the day they are spending thousands each month keeping the club in the black, yes it is taking too long to appoint a manager but until this is done and he has been given 10 games then who the F**k cares about a broadband deal.

I for one (and probably only) take comfort that GI are clearly so affluent, better than those iriots who TRIED and FAILED to run the club last time round.
Harrop in disguise
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

arrywithanh wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 20:31 I still think GI will leave us in a better spot than when they joined... again just a differing of opinion. I hold faith that the local council will treat GI as any other developer and rationally scrutinise their proposal.

What? Faith in the Same Council that managed to deal so well with developers screwing up the historical Oldway Mansion? Dream on dreamer.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Brown envelope
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

popside_lad wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 18:35
So it takes TUFC 2/3 weeks and Barrow 4 days. One poorly ran club and one well run club.
Well I've now been told that Bignot is a ten day interim appointment at Barrow because they only had Mickey Moore left there doing everything management wise on his own and also that he (Moore) has no wish to be considered for the manager's job. Meanwhile I also listened to the Herald Express Podcast today saying 'Chapeau' to Robbie Herrera for a job well done...Barrow have got Mickey Moore and we're lumbered with Mickey Mouse.

I nearly put my false teeth back in after sucking my pet baby gorilla's tee-tee.........2-3 after being 2-1 up in the last 5 minutes; 0-2 with the goalie he brought in getting beaten by his opposite number; and now that shambles at Woking.

Yes hats off to Mickey Mouse! :scarf:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The delay seems to be a statement we've not got the money to spend on the managers we've chosen. Could be wrong!
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by moneylife »

I've been reading that Micky Adams is in the shortlist. I'd be pretty happy if he was our manager (pretty amazed actually tbh!)
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I've been routing for Micky Adams all along...I actually sent him the link to the job application directly via linkedin!
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

I doubt very much that this is the case, but the cynic in me can't help drawing parallels between this and the way GI mothball new stadiums.

Say they're doing lots, but don't really reveal anything. Keep pushing deadlines back. Like with the 'new board' and 'five year plan'. I have a nasty suspicion they'll soon be saying that something 'fell through with the new manager' and they'll have to open applications again.

Every day without a manager is a day less of wages they're paying. Like I said, I don't think that this IS the case ...yet I can't help but wonder.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I can reliably confirm that Micky Adams has not applied for the position, nor has he been contacted by the club.

Who does this actually leave on the supposed shortlist?
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

danjgregory wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 08:19 I can reliably confirm that Micky Adams has not applied for the position, nor has he been contacted by the club.

Chris Todd :'(
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

danjgregory wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 08:19 I can reliably confirm that Micky Adams has not applied for the position, nor has he been contacted by the club.

one short? :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468