Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

arrywithanh wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 17:17
Will be Ronnie
Do you work for the club, or even GI? If so in what capacity.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 17:37 Do you work for the club, or even GI? If so in what capacity.
Are you for real?? Anyway the answer to both is NO
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I'm reliably informed that we still do not have a manager yet.

With such privileged information I want to be quick to add I have no direct links with the club other than being a lifelong fan 😂

I'm no longer surprised at the lack of information from the club - perhaps 'secrecy' and 'deception' are the "WAY" that Harrop was referring to? I noticed one name in the ring was previously fired for betting on games involving his own team...surely this kind of underhand behaviour makes him a front runner?! 🤣

I'd personally still like to see Micky Adams in charge and I'm glad to hear he has been mentioned as a contender.

Hopefully the right decision for the team is made by Monday at the latest!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Come on guys, you cant expect a running commentary during an interview process of several candidates.

They ALL might be great OR ALL total crap, who knows. And the terms have to be discussed, I mean the playing budget more than the wages, some might have certain contacts some others, and how do you know they are telling the truth anyway, some sort of reference taking? its a bloody minefield.

Not a job I would like to do because if the new manager loses his mmmmm first 3 games? you will get slaughtered whatever.

Take you time within reason, check as much as you can, make damn sure both agree and understand the objectives and the terms of the job.
TUST MEMBER
popside_lad
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by popside_lad »

merse btpir wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 17:11 You can write Marcus Bignot out of the equation as he's taken the Barrow job where he will link up with his former assistant at Solihull and Grimsby; Mickey Moore........didn't make them long did it!

No we don't want the first bull shitter that walks through the door ~ Thea Bristow fell for that with Farcegreaves and Dave Phillips & Co with Nicholson.
As for believing that if he was still here the team would suddenly have started winning are deluded.
So it takes TUFC 2/3 weeks and Barrow 4 days.
One poorly ran club and one well run club.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

arrywithanh wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 17:40 Are you for real?? Anyway the answer to both is NO
The reason I ask is because you sound very certain that Moore will be appointed manager, you were at the training ground today, your attacks on Nicholson and Breed seem personal, and you are very quick to defend GI against any criticism.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

This is my point. How can it take US so long when there are other clubs that are able to bring in a new manager a lot quicker.

It's complete madness. No, I don't want the first person that shows up, of course not, but they must have known who they wanted before they sacked Nico, or had some idea at least. Our league position and state of the team should have moved Harrop into appointing somebody a lot quicker than he has done so.

The club is completely screwed at the moment, we can't buy a bloody win, we can't seem to round up enough players to make a bench, and all the while we have nobody at the helm. Not good.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Although the wait for a new manager is frustrating, time will tell whether it's the right thing to do or not.

Let's be clear - the new man will have one hell of a job to turn this shower around. So it's needs to be the right man - but with every passing day that's a day lost for the new man to impart his ideas. And in the case of the weekend, possibly another 3 points unavailable to us whilst we wait.

If we manage to stay up, perhaps we can look back and say it was the right thing to do to thoroughly interview and make sure this is the right appointment. But if we don't - and end up getting relegated by less than the 6/9 points we've arguably thrown away cheaply - then the knives will rightly be out.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

If we are much more slower in appointing a manager we will be going backwards. It's no good waiting for wage negotiations this is a waste of time. What is the point in interviewing managers if their expectations in wages are not within our budget time is of the essence and the club needs to get it sorted before Saturday not afterwards.

Football management is not always the right man it's about getting the right players which man can get what we need at this time.
Last edited by arcadia on 31 Aug 2017, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Kevin Davies ex Bolton Wanderers 689 games aged 40. Could be the ex Premier League player. ???
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 18:47 The reason I ask is because you sound very certain that Moore will be appointed manager, you were at the training ground today, your attacks on Nicholson and Breed seem personal, and you are very quick to defend GI against any criticism.
Nicho was crap
Breed was ...... well lets not go there again
GI the jury is STILL out

It is a free world, hence the training ground visit...
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 18:50 This is my point. How can it take US so long when there are other clubs that are able to bring in a new manager a lot quicker.

It's complete madness. No, I don't want the first person that shows up, of course not, but they must have known who they wanted before they sacked Nico, or had some idea at least. Our league position and state of the team should have moved Harrop into appointing somebody a lot quicker than he has done so.

The club is completely screwed at the moment, we can't buy a bloody win, we can't seem to round up enough players to make a bench, and all the while we have nobody at the helm. Not good.
I agree, not buying this 'we must take our time' rubbish.

Clearly there are problems finding anyone! Apparently several potentials have already said no or walked away from talks.

Still think it is 'Ronnie' but I do not understand why the age in making the appointment official.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 18:50 This is my point. How can it take US so long when there are other clubs that are able to bring in a new manager a lot quicker.

This.

What's all this nonsense about inviting applications and then conducting loads of interviews? They're not appointing a bloody sales rep!

When you sack a manager you should already know who you want to replace him and go out and get them. Yes you can interview that guy to make sure he is everything you though he was but it doesn't take 3 weeks!

Seems to me that they sacked NIcho without the faintest idea who they wanted to replace him. Utter madness!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

arrywithanh wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 19:33
Apparently several potentials have already said no or walked away from talks.
Fact or just rumour?
GullatPlainmoor
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by GullatPlainmoor »

This has shot me down in flames tonight.... it comes back to the point that keeps appearing on our forums.. he is ONLY interested in our freehold for property development :slap:
http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9591
Last edited by GullatPlainmoor on 31 Aug 2017, 20:15, edited 2 times in total.