Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Milner33 wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 21:59 Alex Bruce has left Bury today after playing for 17 days. Maybe he wants to go into management like his father also, used to play in the prem so could be who they were talking about??
Merse seems to think it's a partnership being lined up. He knows everything you know. :clown:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Yorkieandy wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 22:55 Merse seems to think it's a partnership being lined up. He knows everything you know. :clown:
Merse we know now that we are fighting for Roy Hodgson but Crystal Palace came in just in time for them. Have we got anyone yet whoever it is he's dragging his feet. I would be happy so long as it's somebody that can get league players on loan quickly. It's players that win games not managers as no manager is going to come in without signing a few players and win a game. :-D
popside_lad
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by popside_lad »

And Merse could well be right. With a little digging I'm pretty sure that Alex Bruce played under Ronnie Moore at Oldham. This partnership would be well worth the wait. Particularly if Alex Bruce comes in as player/assistant manager.
Harvey_atkinson
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Tim Sills - 17/05/09

Post by Harvey_atkinson »

popside_lad wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 23:24 And Merse could well be right. With a little digging I'm pretty sure that Alex Bruce played under Ronnie Moore at Oldham. This partnership would be well worth the wait. Particularly if Alex Bruce comes in as player/assistant manager.
I'm very confused about all this with Alex Bruce, I wasn't aware he's into management now. Is he rumoured to be coming here?
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

I like the innovation by the Herald Express of providing a video of Guy Henderson reporting on the TUFC management rumours
http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football ... ght-399728

It is worth watching if only for his mention of Stuart Pearce as a possible mystery man from the Premiership based on him officially opening a local car dealership. Even reporters start following up vague leads via social media!
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by CP Gull »

Harvey_atkinson wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 01:51 I'm very confused about all this with Alex Bruce, I wasn't aware he's into management now. Is he rumoured to be coming here?
Not sure that Alex Bruce has ever worked under Ronnie Moore - think he left his loan spell at Oldham just before Moore was appointed.

Furthermore, don't think there is much prospect of him (Bruce) coming here either, he was only at Bury on non contract anyway as a favour to the management team and is now free to " negotiate with other clubs" according to his own Twitter account.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Its funny how all these names start to crop up, most will be wrong as there can be only 1 man in charge. But its something to talk about I suppose.

I would guess though that the decision has been made and its now negotiating the terms, like how much budget do I have to add to the squad, which lets face it is absolutely critical if we are to avoid the drop. As the current squad is nowhere good enough.
TUST MEMBER
popside_lad
New Signing
New Signing

Post by popside_lad »

CP Gull wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 08:48 Not sure that Alex Bruce has ever worked under Ronnie Moore - think he left his loan spell at Oldham just before Moore was appointed.

Furthermore, don't think there is much prospect of him (Bruce) coming here either, he was only at Bury on non contract anyway as a favour to the management team and is now free to " negotiate with other clubs" according to his own Twitter account.
Was using Wikipedia and it looks like could be a slight overlap. I have seen the Bruce tweet but tbh that doesn't rule him out completely. Things like that I always look beyond what they want you to take as so much smoke and mirror stuff now. He would only have left with a purpose otherwise he could sign non-contract and still move to another club without a problem.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 19:40 Oh dear , oh dear

No 5 year plan , no local board , no manager, council meetings delayed , non attendance of games , no communication , past history of failure.

Yep loads of faith that GI have club at heart

Are you for real
:)
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

arcadia wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 22:19 Nice thoughts and wish full thinking could have been a good move for both at the start of the season but after our bad start we need a miracle worker. :whip:
I am the biggest critic, and yes it isn't good at all, however we are only a few wins from being out of the bottom 4 so I DO believe that an experienced manager with a little finance can easily turn it around. Questions is... who will it be? and how much will they have?
timmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by timmax »

I am starting to get the feeling that GI are mugging us all. Herrera to get the job.
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

Looks like Money then. Just signed Norwich defender
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

WHG wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 12:05 Looks like Money then. Just signed Norwich defender
Also signed another two players with south/south west connections so maybe not?
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

This is getting worrying now, it's all well and good that we want to make the right choice, but if I was one of the 4 (or 5, or 6) of the experienced managers on the seemingly ever growing shortlist, and I was being kept on the hook whilst they had a look around for other candidates, I'd soon be telling little old Torquay to truck off!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

brooker it looks to me as if the delay is down to conducting formal interviews , I know not where, with the shortlisted candidates.

If Geoff Harrop did not finalise the shortlist until Monday he needs 3 or 4 days to set up and meet the candidates and agree terms with the Manager chosen. I am trying hard to see the position from his point of view in view of the fact that this is the biggest decision of the season. Lets just hope he gets the right man or men.