Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Yorkieandy wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 13:55 Is there deffo a press conference at 2 then? I can't find anything about that anywhere confirming it.
I think that was just someone's hope - there isn't anything on the OS stating as such.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Mickey Adams, with Darren Purse as number 2.

That said, of the names mentioned I'm not that fussed - all have relative merits and negatives. I just want us to get someone in to try and sort this rabble out
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

brooker wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 13:59 Have you just heard rumours Merse or anything solid?
Rumours messaged to BTPIR all the time; but solid? Hmmn.

I spoke to one applicant on Monday at Woking ~ and I would respectfully suggest he be treated as a serious and viable option as he fulfilled the criteria set out publicly by Geoff Harrop ~ who had not (as then) even received a reply let alone be 'shortlisted' or invited for an interview.

Another 'name' bandied about last week who has also applied was letting it be known that in his opinion it was cut and dried that Ronnie Moore had the job....but that was on Sunday and it is now Wednesday.
Last edited by merse btpir on 30 Aug 2017, 14:14, edited 2 times in total.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Jeff wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 14:00I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Mickey Adams, with Darren Purse as number 2.
That said, of the names mentioned I'm not that fussed - all have relative merits and negatives. I just want us to get someone in to try and sort this rabble out.
:goodpost:
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

The above post from merse confirms my view that Mr. Harrop will take his time because he is "learning on the job" and has not done this sort of thing before.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I thought it was 'DECISION DAY - LIVE!' on the Devon live website? So it's not then? Total f*ckwits.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brooker wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 11:06 Training starting later than usual today...
The was a 5 a side game planned for the first hour but this was cancelled due to lack of numbers....
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Next week...honestly I am expecting something really good ...im not being sarcastic but I'd be expecting something really good.
Jacket8
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Durrell berry

Post by Jacket8 »

If it's this week they need to sort it out what's the point in prepping for saturdays match knowing a new manager supposed to be coming in so called this week?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

GI certainly know how to test the patience to the limit and continue having a laugh at you all. Next week it is then. After the Chester defeat.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Wait, how do we know it's next week?? F'ing hell can't they see we need someone in? NOW.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I think it says on the HE site that a new man is expected by the weekend but won't be in charge until next week. Beating Chester gives the club 3 points. Considering that Chester are the team just above the bottom 4 on 6 points then it would't be good if they won and a few others picked up points and the club could be needing 3 wins just to get level.

This really is crazy from the owners and to be honest, i've no idea what they are up to because none of it makes sense anymore. They are highly experienced business people but treating the running of the club like they are total amateurs. I don't buy this 'they aren't football savvy' either. They know what they are doing but the key thing is that we don't know what it is.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Something stinks in my opinion.

C'mon merse what is bloody hell going om here

If you don't know then I'm buggered
popside_lad
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by popside_lad »

Everyone be calm. Maybe today is the day we pick who we want as manager but won't be announced until we agree terms with selected person. This could mean announced later today or tomorrow. If the man lives up north he might not arrive until early evening. Then they have to negotiate terms and get it signed.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Richinns wrote: 30 Aug 2017, 14:22 The was a 5 a side game planned for the first hour but this was cancelled due to lack of numbers....
:clap: lol
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

If you believe the Herald, Herrera could well still be in charge for the Chester game , another 3 points down
the drain then though not saying the new manager would get us win but surely an improved chance
Not to be too alarmist but we are almost at the point where we need to win as many as we lose, to reach
50 points for example 12 wins 13 draws 14 defeats. Oh alright I wont start to panic yet !