Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Just a a bit...getting beyond due diligence...got into who the hell who wants the job / can't afford a proper manager / won't give the funds new manager / we don't know what the f*ck we are doing/ pass me another pork pie stage

2 weeks nearly ...pathetic. it's bloody insulting when our fans trail around the country like idiots being served up the dross being served out.

Clark and round Harrop f**k off
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

It's a disgrace.

If you're going to sack a manager, have some people in mind and start the ball rolling as soon as possible. There is no way it takes this long to get things sorted, or does it just seem like other clubs get things done quicker when they actually take the same amount of time?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

It's a disgrace... even my 77 year old dad
..been going 62 years I kid you bloody not is boycotting
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

It's disappointing that so called manager/coaches that are, after all, unemployed, should not want to manage Torquay United,Are we that bad that people would rather be getting handouts than in full time work.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Things are bad enough without making up our own nonsense. How do we possibly know that is the case?
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

arrywithanh wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 19:38 According to Williams himself, he basically was NEVER offered a contract, in fact he was told at best to expect a reduced offer, no wonder why he f**ked off...

Cheers Nico...
Pretty sure not signing Brett Williams isn't the cause of our issues. This is the same Brett Williams who was average (at best) for most of the season and turned it on for a few games at the end of the season and currently has one goal in 7 games this season, being an 88th minute sixth goal in a 6-1 win.

Nicho has gone, probably time to change the tune.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Making what up ...been bloody 2 weeks if a manager wanted to get stuck in he would be by now. Either gi are delaying it or no one really wants it.

Make no mistake these games that are falling by the wayside could be difference between relegation or survival
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Total surmise. What good is that doing the club?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

What is a surmise ????
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 21:12 What is a surmise ????
A guess or an assumption that something is true when there is no evidence to back it up. A bit like saying GI build new stadiums.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

The stuff you invent...

I have a third cousin in Bolton and he thinks it will be announced on Thursday that it will be Big Sam. If we are going to make things up let's try to invent positive nonsense.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Stuff I invent lol

What no manager for nearly 2 weeks ...hardly any correspondence losing games left right and center hand over fist...

Is it not questionable what the hell is going on and I do pay my money so I feel i can have my say
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

It does seem very odd that it's been nearly two weeks since Nicho was let go and no one's been appointed yet. One would expect that you'd already have someone lined up as a replacement or, at the very least, have a very good idea of who you can get in. It's obviously difficult to know exactly what's gone on, but I suspect that whoever they thought they had lined up had other ideas.
TUST member 203
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

It does concern me that we still don't have anyone appointed, nor any rumours from the people who are generally in the know.

Over the weekend I'd acclimatised to the idea of it being Ronnie Moore, but now I'm afraid that having taken in the Solihull game he doesn't feel he can take this shower on without damaging his reputation.

I know Merse said there were 3 contenders in the stands at Woking - totally understand why it isn't appropriate to name them but I'd be interested to know his thoughts in as vague a way of possible. Names we'd have heard of? People we'd be happy with etc.

I just hope this sorry affair is ended soon, we have new man in the helm and we can move forward (hopefully)
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Agreed .... 72 hours to get a manager in else it actually becomes a farce

I was fully expecting a appointment today ( if not then why not )

I would be more than with ronnie moore. Got loads of contacts with a lifetime in the game , has had success.

What better could we expect

I'm hoping next 3 days it's all sorted. I'm just losing faith