Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Nobody has the foggiest idea whose in the running, very unusual, normally somebody cant keep their mouth shut.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 14:05 Paul Cox has resigned as manager of Barrow. What a bloody disgrace.

Ray
Why is it a disgrace
Lucy
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

If Cox returned I'd be delighted, especially if he brings that Jordan White...

Chin up Ray :na:
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 14:26 Can't say I'm unhappy if 2 and 2 make 4.......

He knows the league and has had success.....it was a shambles last time out for him
Yes you are right.

Wonder what level of support he had at Barrow?

Does he have family or other ties to this area?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Ray he is obviously fed up with being at a tinpot outfit like Barrow.

Never mind Ray - Wind up Merchants normally get their come uppance in the end.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

brucie wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 14:59 Ray he is obviously fed up with being at a tinpot outfit like Barrow.

Never mind Ray - Wind up Merchants normally get their come uppance in the end.
I like that coming from you Brucie :clap:
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 14:05 Paul Cox has resigned as manager of Barrow. What a bloody disgrace.

Ray
Your presence here has been leading up to this moment, surely?!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Hmmm ...... interesting development. We shall have to keep a look out to see if Paul Cox is at Plainmoor on Saturday to watch our scintillating match against next-to-bottom Solihull Moors ......
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 14:05 Paul Cox has resigned as manager of Barrow. What a bloody disgrace. Ray
Ray - did he give any reason for his resignation ?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

And also i totally understand why he walked away last time , he owes us nothing and has no sentiment towards our club and fans. That's what we need now , not a manager where between the fans and board there is a bit of bend because of the connection to the club. We need a manager who sole purpose is to manage and our job to support and debate every game and decision. Clearly two extra years must have been beneficial so I'd be happy if he came back
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

If he comes back I will reserve judgement and give him my support. But can't say I was very impressed last time, 5 at the back while heavily relying on long throw ins as an attacking option. It was boring stuff and not very successful.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

S4fedr1ve wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 16:40 If he comes back I will reserve judgement and give him my support. But can't say I was very impressed last time, 5 at the back while heavily relying on long throw ins as an attacking option. It was boring stuff and not very successful.
Because he had about 10p to put together a team with and had a far harder start to the season than we do this season. He deliberately set up that way to make the most out of his limited resources, conservative stifling play to continue picking up points. Nicholson took 17 games to win more matches than Cox did in 10 and had the benefit of being able to refit his team in January.

If you can't compete against teams, you stifle them, frustrate them and make it hard to be beaten. This is the approach he took last time and will likely take a similar approach this time, although loosened up a bit as there are better players here now. We're not a big wealthy team anymore, we should take wins any way we can get them, we're not going to be passing any teams off the pitch.
Last edited by SenorDingDong on 24 Aug 2017, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

S4fedr1ve wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 16:40 If he comes back I will reserve judgement and give him my support. But can't say I was very impressed last time, 5 at the back while heavily relying on long throw ins as an attacking option. It was boring stuff and not very successful.
Seriously??? Do you remember the players he had at his disposal last time??
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Would be happy with a Cox return in preference to most of the names being bandied around
He knows how to get a team out of this division
As long as he doesn't bring Exodus back with him !
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

He has had success at this level
...he has had more experience now ...it was a embarrassment last time with what he had to use... here's hoping