Nicholson sacked 17/08

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

hector wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 14:03 Exactly this.
Seconded, pretty sums up my thoughts also.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

merse btpir wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 14:49 Precisely; another example of confusion between paid professional and 'fan'.....players and managers are not fans they are employees!

What a load of self indulgent toss this is in the NLP. It really shows the ego of the man. This wasn't, remember, the NLP or the Herald ringing up desperate for an interview, this was HIM being so up his own arse HE sends in a letter to a national rag. Because everyone must give a **** about how you're getting on, right Nicho?

Those weren't my words but those of someone else angered by this rubbish to which my response on BTPIR was:

I pretty much echo those thoughts, and having spoken at length with him when he called me in the Spring; it's pretty much par for the course where Nicholson is concerned.

Look at he fuss when he was dropped and transfer listed by Bucks, the schmozzle (which he did illustrate to me) when he and Manse were at loggerheads with Knill and the 'certainty' that he would one day manage Torquay United.....so much up his own arse you couldn't believe it and now other people can see what crap those who appointed him fell for to the detriment of club and playing fortunes.

What I witnessed in the form of 'Nicho worship' rather than anger at what he was doing to Torquay United at the conclusion of the game on Tuesday shocked me to be honest. Disappointed me; then angered me.

Just an extension of the Dave Phillips, Balsons and Kerswells in Bristows Bench like some ruddy 'Byegones club' living in the past and devoid of reality. Insightful of the mentality of Thea Bristow and the manner in which she was ripe for being exploited by a previous board as she was.

I keep saying it; this club and the town will reap what they sow. Two years under Kevin Nicholson, the demise and relegation under Chris Hargreaves has all been part of that. They have been an easy touch to draw a wage under and now (hopefully) those who succeed them will have to produce for their money to bring results on the pitch and single minded focus in the dressing room and on the training ground.

Read more: http://thelondonmafia.proboards.com/thr ... z4qIr1H3lD
:goodpost:

If I was sacked from a job, I think I would spend that night looking at how I would find new employment and how the family finances would look after us for the coming weeks. I don't think I'd be writing **** letters to national football papers. Self Indulgent is exactly the way to describe the man.

Without wishing to sound heartless, I don't need to know if the wife and children were crying. Is that a plea for sympathy? Part of the "Look at Me" culture this country has plunged into and the very reason I quit Facebook years ago. If you're not showing off holiday photos to show how great your life is, you're wallowing in self pity about crap your life is.

Clear out Herrera and especially Jeffrey (drop out at school, drop out in life) and allow the next manager (non-local with no ties to TUFC) to bring in his own team.

Let's see some anger and passion on the touchline instead of the arms folded, pensive look that KN had down to a tee. I want players to know that the easy ride is over.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

3 players out injured, results grind to a halt and TUFC falls apart. Let's hope this is just a hiccup and not a sign of the season to come.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

This rumpus puts me in mind of the time (well over 50 years ago) when Eric Webber was unexpectedly sacked. Webber later said that when he received the news it was ' the unhappiest moment of my life. For 13 years I had given everything to Torquay United.' At the time United were doing well (not spectacularly, but well enough) in Division 4. They had players like Robin Stubbs, Tommy Northcott and John Benson of their books. The average gate was over 4000 and Webber's 13 years spell as manager had been - on the whole - successful. So, in comparison with the Nicholson sacking, Webber's was a tsunami while Nicholson's is a light drizzle.
Tomogull, stefano, gateman and all the Codgery will back me up on this.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As usual Merse manages to sum it up succinctly .

Whatever we think of him I think even his biggest detractors will accept that Nicholson managed us in very difficult circumstances over the past couple of years.

Whilst I think he expected the sack last March when results were terrible I think he wasn't expecting it now and its obviously come has a shock to him.

He has obviously been deeply hurt by what has happened and when you are at your lowest ebb its not that surprising that you don't make the wisest choices. I don't actually think writing the letter to the paper is a good choice, as can be seen by the reaction of some posters who make entirely valid criticisms.

Ultimately though what happens next will define whether its a good decision or not. Whatever SG thinks of Harrop, whether people think Nico was dealt a bum deal - it probable all doesn't matter.

If we appoint someone like Chris Todd then we will be back to square one. The situation will be hopeless and I will be the first to say that we might as well have kept Nicholson on.

However if GI do appoint a credible manager who is not some Truro connected local flunkey then I will give them credit for making the correct decision.

But until the appointment is made none of us really know the answer..
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I'm afraid if you go into football management its not a job for life, unless your Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger.

Your judged on results, that's it, and although many managers ARE dealt a bad hand by owners it doesn't matter, that's what it is.

I don't know KN, never met or spoken to him, I don't even know if he is or will be good manager. I do know we are bottom of the NPL. The worst position in the clubs history and from what I read on here not playing well.

My views of GI are well documented BUT if they recruit an experienced manager I might, just might go to some home games. I will give them some credit for that. However if they recruit someone with no experience and an ex player I will not return. They probably don't care but if there are others like me they might.
TUST MEMBER
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Nicholson's letter is vomit inducing, self indulgent, self centred, egotistical crap. In fact it is an embarrassment to both him and his family.
When it was first mentioned that he had written an open letter to the NLP I thought he was going to spill the beans on GI. Instead we get this mush. Why on earth the NLP thought it worth publishing I don't know.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

While we are at it, lets also get rid of Hedges!! What the heck does he do anyway, player recruitment and opponent analysis??
Harrop can also go, 5 year plan my arse, don't trust him, player recruitment, what has he done so far positive to enhance our squad. Whats he done to make match day a more enjoyable occasion for all, well I don't see a thing.
Sorry Robbie, your the next to go unless there is a role within our reserve set up, oh I forgot we haven't got one .
Get in a tried and tested coach like Shaun North and a manager with proven NL experience to sort this team out. Do it now please GI and don't f"£k around
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 16:15 As usual Merse manages to sum it up succinctly .

Whatever we think of him I think even his biggest detractors will accept that Nicholson managed us in very difficult circumstances over the past couple of years.

Whilst I think he expected the sack last March when results were terrible I think he wasn't expecting it now and its obviously come has a shock to him.

He has obviously been deeply hurt by what has happened and when you are at your lowest ebb its not that surprising that you don't make the wisest choices. I don't actually think writing the letter to the paper is a good choice, as can be seen by the reaction of some posters who make entirely valid criticisms.

Ultimately though what happens next will define whether its a good decision or not. Whatever SG thinks of Harrop, whether people think Nico was dealt a bum deal - it probable all doesn't matter.

If we appoint someone like Chris Todd then we will be back to square one. The situation will be hopeless and I will be the first to say that we might as well have kept Nicholson on.

However if GI do appoint a credible manager who is not some Truro connected local flunkey then I will give them credit for making the correct decision.

But until the appointment is made none of us really know the answer..
I wholeheartedly agree with Brucie (even Wivel never says that). Good Post. :-D
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

I will change my wording as clearly it is only ok to use slang if you are a mod or friend of!

KN's statement/letter was laughable, what a joke, clearly troubled.

Sorry Kevin, we went through two seasons of your words, they mean nothing, actions speak louder than words, actions that never happened!

The end.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

You have your wish - they guy has lost his job.....so why are you all rejoicing in continuing to destroy the bloke?

Do you enjoy getting your sick gloating pleasure from it?

To me it is just simple bullying and shameful after the effort he gave in such ridiculous circumstances.

Whilst you celebrate I will continue to feel GI have just got rid of the last person who really gives a shite about 'our' club and try to somehow reason the disbelief that they are being applauded for doing so.

'Our' club is fully GI's and Harrop's now......
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Richinns wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 18:03 You have your wish - they guy has lost his job.....so why are you all rejoicing in continuing to destroy the bloke?

Do you enjoy getting your sick gloating pleasure from it?

To me it is just simple bullying and shameful after the effort he gave in such ridiculous circumstances.

Whilst you celebrate I will continue to feel GI have just got rid of the last person who really gives a shite about 'our' club and try to somehow reason the disbelief that they are being applauded for doing so.

'Our' club is fully GI's and Harrop's now......
If he sends an open letter to a national newspaper then the fans are 100% within their rights to reply.

Managers have been sacked with a much better win ratio than Kevin and not felt the need to write such a letter.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Richinns wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 18:03 You have your wish - they guy has lost his job.....so why are you all rejoicing in continuing to destroy the bloke? Do you enjoy getting your sick gloating pleasure from it? To me it is just simple bullying and shameful after the effort he gave in such ridiculous circumstances.
Oh grow up; do!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

brucie wrote: 20 Aug 2017, 16:15Whilst I think he expected the sack last March when results were terrible I think he wasn't expecting it now and its obviously come has a shock to him.
If it has seriously come as a shock to him or anyone else after this wholly disgraceful start to a season, then it shows how deluded/up his own arse he was; and how seriously naïve and complacent any of his sympathisers are!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The letter was obviously a message to the fans, specifically those who'd supported him (KN) through out, the reason why he sent to the NLP, don't think that was to do with his ego, I'm guessing more advertising himself to clubs and managers, I suppose in the hope of job offer, guessing.

There is no need for anyone to continue on a character assignation of Nicho, but some need to accept, posts and discussions on what impact KN has had on the club and especially this season will, go on, and on, and on through out the season, KN built the squad, took them through pre-season and the first four games, his impact it's going away anytime soon.

Yes, we know KN cares deeply about the club, and despite his sacking, no doubt will continue to care deeply, but that is not, and has never been a qualification to be the clubs manager, I really do hope, that's it now for ex-club legends, both KN and CH got a lot more time and sympathy than there records as our clubs manager ever deserved, despite the ridiculously tough conditions they had to work under.

It really is time for some fresh blood, and new pair of eyes at TUFC, then at least us fans can go back to judging our manager on footballing merits, rather than how much they love the club.
Formerly known as forevertufc