Nicholson sacked 17/08

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I think the main thing is that being an ex-player is not present in the selection criteria. If Chris Todd or anybody else can show, in interview that they meet the person specification (whatever that will be) then great. I hope the spec is demanding and results in a manager that can get the best out of this group of players
TUST number 080
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

Good decision , time to move on, we couldn't go on like this. kevin tried his best we all know that. a great guy with the passion to do well, but it didn't happen. this is a step in the right direction.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Jeff wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 14:17 I see Chris Todd has put his hat into the ring - thoughts?
thought he'd fallen out of love with football management?? :-/ :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

reckon they will have plenty of applicants, lets hope they choose wisely.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 14:26 arrywithanh, then Nicholson and now Todd? One thing in common. Everybody moans about bringing in an ex-player and then the very same people want the same. The reality is, no-one has any idea who to bring in with any thoughts about wages or different obstacles.
that is because we don't know the wages available or the obstacles presented, its good to hear peoples ideas but in reality none of us know who it will be.

Dry those eyes now... KN has gone
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Andrew Whing, Oxford's youth team manager has been linked to the job by a sports journalist on Twitter.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Anybody who was surprised that Kevin was sacked must have their head in the clouds. Brucie is right to let Hererra take charge is a mistake Harrop is the better choice love him or hate him and being an away game he would be under less pressure the Chairman should act on this.
It seems Kevin has worked hard for the club but it has not worked out.

Depending on money Tivertons Rogers would be on my list along with Joyce of Bideford as they are both experienced at the level and have local knowledge.
If there is money to spend there are more options but we need someone to come in and organize the squad and add a couple of extra players even if they have to be part-time.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

arcadia wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 14:53 Anybody who was surprised that Kevin was sacked must have their head in the clouds. Brucie is right to let Hererra take charge is a mistake Harrop is the better choice love him or hate him and being an away game he would be under less pressure the Chairman should act on this.
It seems Kevin has worked hard for the club but it has not worked out.

Depending on money Tivertons Rogers would be on my list along with Joyce of Bideford as they are both experienced at the level and have local knowledge.
If there is money to spend there are more options but we need someone to come in and organize the squad and add a couple of extra players even if they have to be part-time.
its a tough one.
personally, id like someone with at least conference experience.
one things for sure, it will show GI's (full) intentions with regard to TUFC.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Please, please, please: Not Compton!
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 14:59 its a tough one.
personally, id like someone with at least conference experience.
one things for sure, it will show GI's (full) intentions with regard to TUFC.
Yes, else surely we will be in the same spot again, taking a huge punt on an inexperienced manager.

However, think of the Cowley brothers and other non-league managers (there are quite a few in recent times) who come into the NL and make a name for themselves by achieving at a club. The one advantage is that lower league managers can probably handle adversity and tougher times as can sometimes be associated more with lower league football.

Guess we will all have to wait and see.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

My thought are not to have an ex-player with no experience of management as it takes a few years to learn more about the game and how to handle people. We need experience we have seen our team ripped apart in two of the games with no reaction from the dugout.

Another ex manager with loads of experience is Musker and perhaps team up with one of the others still in the game as these are top managers at the level. If there is no money for players.
Last edited by arcadia on 17 Aug 2017, 15:44, edited 2 times in total.
ReadinGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicholson

Post by ReadinGull »

It's always the hardest thing. Every club wants the Manager doing badly out, but haven't really got a coherent replacement that ticks all boxes. in truth we want it all, ex-player who has reached the heights as a player, gone through the leagues as a manager so knows how to operate on a budget, good connections for short terms, development skills for the long term. They just don't exist. Good experience is a must I think, just that we have looked badly disjointed in the two I've seen, need strong organisation. Not that we SHOULD have beaten Tranmere, but we SHOULD have been creating more with man then men over. Kev was a nice guy, maybe we need a nasty one!?
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with Mr. Readin. Get a hard man in.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

ohhhh so now Nicho is gone GI will get someone who will bring success, maybe a premier league manager? and maybe he will bring some top class players with him and we will get out of the NL, why didn't we do this before...dohh
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Sad to see a manager leave who gave it his all and loved the club, but in truth I understand the decision and also understand new owners are always likely to take the opportunity to put their own man in charge. Some have said it should have happened in the summer but they are already unpopular and to do it when Nicholson had 'saved us' would only heighten the hated, they had to wait until the right moment arose.

In terms of the new manager my prediction is Mark Yates.