Nicholson sacked 17/08

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

brucie wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 12:36 I am going tonight so I will give you my objective opinion when I get back. Whether you back Nicholson or want him sacked this wait for 10 or 15 games is nonsense.

We have Boreham Wood, Guiseley and Solihull in our next three games. We can't make anymore excuses about "hard games". We need to be picking up points and quickly. The latter two teams are more or less relegation certainties. We need six points minimum from these three games.
I agree, IF we were to lose again tonight, surely the view has to be move quick before we end up in a position beyond help
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Well this thread has achieved exactly what threelittlepigs/arrywithanh wanted - which is to take attention away from GI and their current going-ons......
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Coxiboi213 wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 20:30 I think it time he goes as we need some one new to take the club forward and can sign a lot more player who can play and better formation
just about the dumbest qoute ive seen on here. maybe in a while. We do not have the money to sign a lot more player as you put it. we cannot afford another manager either at the moment. and 3 games into the season is not the time to judge him. give it 10 to 15 games then come up with a reasoned argument with some evidence to back up what you would do. ie where the money is coming from.?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

AlsagerGull wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 20:59 It is not three games it is three seasons and another point is that from the exact same three fixtures last season we did not lose a game and most importantly competed in all games, something we haven't done yet. The frustration for me is the ongoing mentality at the club that despite being one of the biggest clubs in the league we are happy to struggle game in game out, season in and season out. I like KN he is Torquay through and through, and for those who comment that we should not get so upset about a 'game of football' although it is difficult to argue this point if considering other priorities in your life, but it's in your blood you come to love the club and everything about and ultimately you care for it day in and day out, and every time 5:00 pm/9:45pm comes along and we have had another poor performance it hurts. Yes it would be so much easier to flick a switch and subdue ones feelings but it just isn't as simple as that. Football is not just a game it becomes a way of life, whether that is right or wrong is another debate I guess.
Nicho has not been here 3 seasons. he came in part way through the first season. last season was his first full season and you know full well what happened in January. no manager would have stood for that. This is the first season he has had where he can do what he really wants to do and that is only assuming he gets no interference and the money to keep us going. if the board decided to withdraw or freeze the money then we will be down at the bottom again.

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

brucie wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 12:36 I am going tonight so I will give you my objective opinion when I get back. Whether you back Nicholson or want him sacked this wait for 10 or 15 games is nonsense.
Edited for accuracy. I am going tonight so I will give you my totally negative team knocking (because I never see the positive in anything), objective opinion.

We have Boreham Wood, Guiseley and Solihull in our next three games. We can't make anymore excuses about "hard games". We need to be picking up points and quickly. The latter two teams are more or less relegation certainties. We need six points minimum from these three games.
Brucie.= Objective. hahehehhohohlololol :lol: :lol: :na: :O after reading your posts i have my doubts

wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

Blimey! More and more people are agreeing with brucie....I'm getting jealous.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

God help us!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

arrywithanh wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 09:41 Back to the football... I think it may also be a tad too soon to judge, I am feeling negative about the football at the moment and perhaps my thread should have waited until after the game tonight.

Do you think if we lose tonight then he should go?
N O !!!! A B S O L U T E L Y N O T !!! You are just itching for Nicho to fail, aren't you? Go back and carefully read Forever's excellent post. That is exactly the approach any fair-minded supporter should be taking. I predict that after 10 games, we shall be well away from the relegation places and you will have to eat humble pie. Oh, and by the way - we won't lose tonight.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

stefano wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 09:36 My apologies tommo although I didn't actually say he was, I said that was the way he came over in posting. Vitriolic may have been a better word.

In respect of Mr Nicholson, I did feel it was an awful job for a new manager to have as his first managerial appointment. He is a very pleasant man and his contribution to the club as a player was certainly valued. He is hamstrung with resources, and I do not think he is able to manage well with what he has got. The same mistakes do seem to re-occur.

As for calls for him to go after 3 games this season, I do think it is too early. Having made the decision that he would start the season, he should at least be given the chance to show that with what is definitely now his team he is able to achieve a significant improvement in the performances of the last two season.

The problem is how long that should be. If at Christmas we are again out of all the cups and bobbing around in the bottom 4 I know some will be calling for him to be given longer. Nothing would please me more than to see us at Christmas 7th to 10th in the league and still in the FA Cup (bugger the Trophy distraction!), in which case I would be calling for Mr Nicholson to be knighted. Isn't going to happen though is it? Although in sport fans are allowed to dream!
Yes - vitriolic is a good word, Stefano ..... but I'm not sure that Arrywithnobrain would know what it meant. ;-)

I agree with your post, except that I wouldn't wait as long as Christmas. By September 12th, when we play away to Bromley, we will have played 10 games - 5 home and 5 away. Virtually a quarter way through the season. Personally, I think, and hope, we will be well away from the relegation places by then. But if we're not, then the spotlight has to fall on Nicho's management.

He has brought in some useful players this season but in my opinion he has failed badly to bring in half-decent forwards. Dan Sparkes has gone and there's nobody to match David Fitzgerald so we're badly lacking width and we don't have a decent strike partner for Keating. To expect Keating to keep chasing as a lone striker is unfair on the lad.

You describe Nicho as a 'very pleasant man'. Yes ..... and that maybe part of the problem. I have just started to read a book about Brian Clough. Boy, was he a nasty bastard !
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

I expect this thread to be top of the page tonight........
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Go. Please, just go
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I am sorry to say it is time to go. . .
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

It was suggested that 6 points from the next 3 was the bare minimum acceptable. So I'll wait until we get turned over at bogey side Guiseley on Saturday before I go into full "Nico out" mode.

The ice is exceptionally thin tonight for him
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

I'd say the ice has thawed out!!! And people are suggesting 10-15 games!!! Jesus H....
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Jeff wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 21:51 It was suggested that 6 points from the next 3 was the bare minimum acceptable. So I'll wait until we get turned over at bogey side Guiseley on Saturday before I go into full "Nico out" mode.

The ice is exceptionally thin tonight for him
I tend to agree with what Jeff has to say and this is no exception.

I'm going on Saturday, against mt better judgement, and I'm fully expecting us to get tonked by Guisely.

I think the club is being run to a more professional standard than we've seen in many a year and it's probably close to time to shipping iut the amateur coach and bringing in a professional manager.