Nicholson sacked 17/08

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Nicholson sacked 17/08

Post by arrywithanh »

If GI don't destroy the club Nicholson will with his shambolic management, team selection and tactics.

Embarrassing.

And I am one of the silly ones that travels up and down the country... (admittedly I missed the Gateshead game)

Even all those KN lovers out there must see that we are not moving forward at all?
Last edited by Louis on 17 Aug 2017, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title on date sacked.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No But Gi don't care either so I guess we are stuck with Nico.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

I'm with you , they need to get someone in now with experience , we cant go through a 3rd season of the same old crap! sorry kev, great player, great bloke, not a manager.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Zippy wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 16:58 I'm with you , they need to get someone in now with experience , we cant go through a 3rd season of the same old crap! sorry kev, great player, great bloke, not a manager.
:goodpost:
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

I have always kept quiet on this subject but I do feel that enough is enough now. The board have, to a certain degree, backed him to bring in some experienced players and nothing changes.

He may make a good 1st team coach one day but he is not a manager. The club is crying out for stability both on and off the pitch and, sadly, he cannot provide this.

Some of us have have jobs where you have to work within a budget and, if you can't do the job within that budget you don't do that job anymore!!

Unlikely, but I hope his now inevitable departure is handled with dignity. He deserves that for his efforts at least.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

It didn't take long, did it?

I'd be very interested in hearing some suggestions of who would actually come in? The club has been a basket case for years and is no doubt viewed as such within the footballing world.

Yes, he's made mistakes, but lets not forget that we've played two sides who finished in the top 5 last year (and likely will do again this time out), and Gateshead who seem to blow hot and cold. Another winless run this week then, yes, questions will be being asked.

I am not saying Nicholson is perfect - far from - but I really struggle to see who we could have in place. There aren't many managers that would likely relocate with the money we're offering (this is a guess, but I doubt KN is on much money, and GI won't spend big).

Let's not get carried away on the back of a tough start.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Congratulations - you win the most embarrassing thread of the season!

Truly shameful!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

People are entitled to start a thread about this subject if they so choose. Maybe counter his suggestion with reasons why KN should stay in charge rather than a pithy comment.

I can guarantee that part time clubs will out perform us again this season. That is not acceptable weather you are are pro or anti KN
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Plymouth Gull wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:32 It didn't take long, did it?

I'd be very interested in hearing some suggestions of who would actually come in? The club has been a basket case for years and is no doubt viewed as such within the footballing world.

Yes, he's made mistakes, but lets not forget that we've played two sides who finished in the top 5 last year (and likely will do again this time out), and Gateshead who seem to blow hot and cold. Another winless run this week then, yes, questions will be being asked.

I am not saying Nicholson is perfect - far from - but I really struggle to see who we could have in place. There aren't many managers that would likely relocate with the money we're offering (this is a guess, but I doubt KN is on much money, and GI won't spend big).

Let's not get carried away on the back of a tough start.
Same old rubbish, who would come in? Surely that is not the right question... I wouldn't keep my job if my manager felt I was crap but he couldn't find better... I would be dragging the organisation down. Things have to change, stop all this Nicholson Love, take a reality check!
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Richinns wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:32 Congratulations - you win the most embarrassing thread of the season!

Truly shameful!
I think you will find your reply is more shameful... as another poster said, I am entitled to start this thread and I have!!

Do you know what a forum is?
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

sgf wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:43 People are entitled to start a thread about this subject if they so choose. Maybe counter his suggestion with reasons why KN should stay in charge rather than a pithy comment.

I can guarantee that part time clubs will out perform us again this season. That is not acceptable weather you are are pro or anti KN
:goodpost:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

arrywithanh wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:44 I think you will find your reply is more shameful... as another poster said, I am entitled to start this thread and I have!!

Do you know what a forum is?
Do you know what a troll is? I hope you bump into Steve Breed and he teaches you some much needed respect!
Last edited by Richinns on 12 Aug 2017, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

After just three games, this is madness from a so-called fan who seems to have a pathological hatred of Kevin Nicholson. Remember Exeter last season? They had the same hotheads calling for Paul Tisdale to go after they made poor start. He stayed ....... and took City to the Play Offs. I'm not for one minute saying we'll make the play offs, but let's at least wait until the end of August to see how things pan out before we get our knickers in a twist, shall we?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

No matter what you think Nicho was set up by the previous chairman on a three year contract. :slap:
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Richinns wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 18:04 Do you know what a troll is? I hope you bump into Steve Breed and he teaches you some much needed respect!

(in folklore) an ugly cave-dwelling creature depicted as either a giant or a dwarf.

Not quite sure I get your point... hardly trolling, and if so, then surely I would get a ban from the forum?