Nicholson sacked 17/08

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

Louis wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 15:16 More than 10mins this time.

haha oh yeah i forgot about that =D
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

arrywithanh wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 14:56 Did not realise that this forum allowed trolling, perhaps the admins can check my IP and see that I only use this account. Slightly sad that someone feels the need to slander my handle.

Clearly not able to communicate with me under their usual handle for whatever reason.

They will get bored in due course...
Well, Arrywithanh, if it isn't you, then arrywithnobrain must be your equally annoying twin brother. Rather like Jedward ... ;-)
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I will repeat it again if there is money left in the budget for a manager then fine but we are led to believe that G.I. will not spend money on a manager. G.I. are going to have to put in a hell of a lot of money to get what is being talked about if they are willing to do this why did they not do it last season as now the budget is wasted on players a new manager might not want. I am no different to any other supporter I want the best for Torquay but we are not making the decisions.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

arcadia wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 15:45 I will repeat it again if there is money left in the budget for a manager then fine but we are led to believe that G.I. will not spend money on a manager. G.I. are going to have to put in a hell of a lot of money to get what is being talked about if they are willing to do this why did they not do it last season as now the budget is wasted on players a new manager might not want. I am no different to any other supporter I want the best for Torquay but we are not making the decisions.
Good point, Arcadia. When the appointment is eventually made, it will give us some idea of Clarke Osborne's ambitions for TUFC as a football club.
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 13:48
I've never said I've done any scouting for Nicholson or that he's a mate. You really are dumb enough to think that seeing one game makes you an expert on things, quite laughable really.
Am I reading this right Brucie? So Southampton and Nicho were friends in the boy scouts? Or still are boy scouts? Jeezo they make those uniforms in bigger sizes than they used to.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

I feel sorry for Nicho as he is a fan as well as a former manager, I hope we see him at the games but also hope he gets a good offer elsewhere. I can't imagine not seeing my team TUFC week in week out come rain or shine (ok it has been raining a lot lately metaphorically speaking) but you still want to see them regardless of the result!
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Tomogull you obviously do not recognise satire when it hits you on your head. You also cannot differentiate between different names when they start with the same letter : perhaps the admins can also check my IP and see that I only use this account. I can use vitriol if you wish without any need to stoop to the stupid kind of insults that are bandied around on this forum. I am surprised that you have started to read a book about Brian Clough - did you get as far as the title page?
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

tomogull wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 15:25 Well, Arrywithanh, if it isn't you, then arrywithnobrain must be your equally annoying twin brother. Rather like Jedward ... ;-)
Definitely not me, and very good reply :) lets hope for an upturn in fortunes up north this Saturday.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Louis wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 15:16 More than 10mins this time.
Already done and it's a new IP that hasn't been used on this forum before. So either it's someone new or it's you or someone using a proxy to hide behind. Not saying it is you.
Thanks Louis, just silly really as impersonating/ridiculing is below the belt, regardless of what other users think or feel about my posts and opinions this is a little silly.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

arrywithanh wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 14:56 Did not realise that this forum allowed trolling ......
It's alive and well and living in Barrow....but it seems they are on to him! ;-)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

arrywithanh wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 16:15 Definitely not me, and very good reply :) lets hope for an upturn in fortunes up north this Saturday.
Okay, okay, okay 'Arry ..... TRUCE. I expect other users are getting bored with our sniping anyway. And to Arrywithnobrain - I do know that satire is the lowest form of wit ..... I'm doing okay with the Brian Clough book, thanks. I've actually managed to get to p.58 .... and it's a bliddy good read ! ;-)
Last edited by tomogull on 18 Aug 2017, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Tomogull my first book was Clough's and he had jobs for every player Martyn O'Neal he called the hod carryier and everyone told to give Robertson the ball. I watched Clough play for Sunderland must have been in the 50's great player. Enjoy your book.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

tomogull wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 16:31 Okay, okay, okay 'Arry ..... TRUCE. I expect other users are getting bored with our sniping anyway. And to Arrywithnobrain - I do know that satire is the lowest form of wit ..... I'm doing okay with the Brian Clough book, thanks. I've actually managed to get to p.58 .... and it's a bliddy good read ! ;-)
Thanks Tomo, I guess I went on a bit regarding KN, now I am in hope that a new chapter will be a good one.... fingers crossed!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

arcadia wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 16:42 Tomogull my first book was Clough's and he had jobs for every player Martyn O'Neal he called the hod carryier and everyone told to give Robertson the ball. I watched Clough play for Sunderland must have been in the 50's great player. Enjoy your book.
This is a book called 'Provided You Don't Kiss Me' written by a guy called Duncan Hamilton who was a reporter with the local Nottingham paper. There are some great one liners. This is one that had me chortling. Cloughie had a short unsuccesful time at Brighton and during this time, they lost to Walton & Hersham in the F.A. Cup. He ranted in the Dressing Room afterwards "**** Hell - we lost to a team that sounds like a firm of **** solicitors". Brilliant - but such a complex character.

Oops! Lucyx2 will be slagging us off for going off topic in a minute !! :)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

arrywithanh wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 17:07 Thanks Tomo, I guess I went on a bit regarding KN,
Er yes ...... you did rather. I just knew we'd eventually find something we could agree on ....... ;-)