Nicholson sacked 17/08

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It might be the reason for you but don't be fooled into thinking that's why he was sacked is all I'm saying.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Southampton Gull wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 17:35 It might be the reason for you but don't be fooled into thinking that's why he was sacked is all I'm saying.
When Nicho writes his book we'll find out the truth!
By the way should you change your favourite player? Just asking!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

We will see if GI 'give a shit' when we see who they appoint
According to the Radio Devon listener survey the leading contenders are Mark Yates and Kevin Hill,
par for the course for Radio Devon, do they mean Garry Hill by any chance ?!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

nickbrod wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 17:38 When Nicho writes his book we'll find out the truth!
By the way should you change your favourite player? Just asking!
I did but then one of the guys changed it back again so now it stays ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

More likely Benny Hill.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 17:04 It said on the OS item announcing his dismissal

"As a football club, we would like to thank Kevin for all his hard work as a manager and player for Torquay United, and we wish him well for the future".
Thanks for that - I haven't bothered to look at the OS. Osborne Rich or Harrop haven't had the balls to face the media to explain their decision to sack Nicho. As for the OS statement, it's the same insincere bullshit that is trotted out every time a manager gets the chop, isn't it?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

I suspect you'll have to wait for the Press Conference when the new manager is announced to learn about anything else.
This new person has a big job ahead.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Alternative OS statement.

"We, the board, can only apologise for the total shite you have all had to watch the past few years and having given Kevin a chance, we quickly realised that he simply wasn't up to the job. We, like yourselves, have sat and watched a piss poor team perform poorly against village teams with more heart, more ability and, quite frankly more guts than our ramshackled bunch of so called professionals.

We thank Kevin for his efforts and wish him well for the future.

By the way, if anybody has a PCV licence, please get in touch as we will also be recruiting a new driver for the team bus. It was decided that we should sever all ties with Kevin."
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

arrywithanh wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 16:38 Why sorrow? We cant keep losing (currently winning 2-1), keep fighting relegation... Get over it. Your legend has gone!
I was not repeating my views in my post - merely stating what I perceive to be the views of the majority of posters - i.e. the consensus of opinion. You are very much in the minority with your happy as larry attitude that a great servant to our club has gone. Several posters who were not KN supporters have posted that they are sorry - yes, sorry - that it hasn't worked out for him.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Unbelievably you are still trotting out the same old bullshit "Nicholson wasn't sacked for footballing reasons"

Well "his" team achieved another high today - losing to terminal relegation candidates Guiseley and conceding another three goals in the process.

Who actually cares whether Harrop "looked Nico in the eye" when he sacked him.

You are making yourself look like a buffoon with your constant defence of Nicholson.

Plymouth are doing well in League 1. Exeter are top of league 2. And we are still getting beaten by Guiseley and Boreham Wood. - It wouldn't be so bad if it was the odd occasion but it happens everytime we play them.

Nicholsons assembled team is an embarrassment. That's it pure and simple. For **** sake get over it.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

brucie wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 19:03 Unbelievably you are still trotting out the same old bullshit "Nicholson wasn't sacked for footballing reasons"

Well "his" team achieved another high today - losing to Fellow terminal relegation candidates Guiseley and conceding another three goals in the process.

Who actually cares whether Harrop "looked Nico in the eye" when he sacked him.

You are making yourself look like a buffoon with your constant defence of Nicholson.

Plymouth are doing well in League 1. Exeter are top of league 2. And we are still getting beaten by Guiseley and Boreham Wood. - It wouldn't be so bad if it was the odd occasion but it happens everytime we play them.

Nicholsons assembled team is an embarrassment. That's it pure and simple. For **** sake get over it.
Just tweaked that for you Brucie.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Thanks - not happy.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Me neither.

I'm already deeply regretting buying a ST. Last years self imposed exile was enjoyable. This is embarrassing.

nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

I, too, can't understand those who support Nicholson who's made a pig's ear of being a football manager. He might be a useful youth coach and yes he was a loyal player for us but he's not ever going to be a manager again.
After today we need to get Clarke Osborne into over drive and appoint somebody before next Saturday otherwise Solihull will be going home with the points.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Put this on the other thread but Bobby Wilkinson resigned this evening as Hungerford Town manager. Wouldnt mind that.
TUST #324