Nicholson sacked 17/08

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Gary brabin anyone
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Gary Brabin No one?? Would be happy with Yates
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 16:07 Gary brabin anyone
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!! The Player from Hull. :red: :red:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

OllieGull wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 14:50 Andrew Whing, Oxford's youth team manager has been linked to the job by a sports journalist on Twitter.
That would be good. After all, the club is existing on a Whing and a Prayer ........ :whistle:
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

sgf wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 16:20 Gary Brabin No one?? Would be happy with Yates
Agreed... good record of signings and good contacts one would think
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No thanks Todd isn't the answer. He didn't do anything at Eastleigh. If he's ends up in charge we might as well have kept Nicholson.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

SNW is right - this will really show what GI are made of.

We are a big club at this level and there are bound to be plenty of applicants for the job.

So we either appoint a proper manager this time or go with the likes of Tully, Joyce, Bumpkin Rodgers or the like.

If GI appoint a proper manager they have gained some credibility. If they appoint one of the latter then they have none left.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

If a player can make the step up in class to the National League, then I am sure that there is a proven Non League manager out there waiting for the chance to manage Torquay United.

Hargreaves didn't work
Nicholson didn't work (100% improvement on the above)
Todd won't work
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 11:35
I forgot that the season ends after four games. The biggest problem with everyone's reactions is that they obviously thought we'd do better than we have done, which was foolish. We are bottom of the league in August and that is disappointing, however, I was only expecting us to be around 20th and within a few weeks I believe we will be and fighting to be comfortably above the relegation zone.
I would have soooo liked to have agreed with your post, Danny, but it wasn't so much the fact that we lost on Tuesday night, it was the manner in which we lost. No fight, no semblance of a game plan - just muddling through. During the match, we were saying that there were players out there who could get Nicho the sack. Only four players came out of it with any credit - Luke Young, Ruari Keating, Ryan Clarke and Danny (?) Higgins. I'd also exonerate Sam Chaney because he was playing out of position and getting NO support from players in front of him. We couldn't even blame the ref who I thought had a good game.

It was the same at Gateshead. I listened to the commentary on Radio Devon and you could hear the exasperation and frustration in the voices of Dave Thomas and his co-commentator. They didn't have to report we were playing cr*p. I was in the 'give it 10 games' camp but after Tuesday, my opinion changed, although I had hoped Nicho would be given a couple more games to show he could sort out the shambles. I'm not as brutal as Brucie but you can't argue with what he says. Three teams in the National League have conceded 10 goals, and we are one of them. And our 'keeper has been deservedly the best player in all four of our games !!! I'm genuinely sorry that it hasn't worked out for Nicho because in my opinion he has kept us in the National League against all odds considering the basket case TUFC has become off the field.

I read about your drum fiasco on the Shambles thread. How stupid, irrational and ridiculous. I think i would have said 'Oh, sod it' and gone home. In contrast to what others have posted, I have found most of the stewards on the Pop Side okay. There are two or so who like to be numbskulls and throw their weight around and they give the rest a bad name. Good to have you and the drum back. It cetainly helped to generate a good atmosphere for the Tranmere match.

Louis - please may we have a Most Annoying Poster of the Month thread? Ah - on second thoughts, no. Threelittlepiglets/ Arrywithanh/Arrywithnobrain would win it every month. :devil:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

tomogull wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 17:00 I would have soooo liked to have agreed with your post, Danny, but it wasn't so much the fact that we lost on Tuesday night, it was the manner in which we lost. No fight, no semblance of a game plan - just muddling through. During the match, we were saying that there were players out there who could get Nicho the sack. Only four players came out of it with any credit - Luke Young, Ruari Keating, Ryan Clarke and Danny (?) Higgins. I'd also exonerate Sam Chaney because he was playing out of position and getting NO support from players in front of him. We couldn't even blame the ref who I thought had a good game.

It was the same at Gateshead. I listened to the commentary on Radio Devon and you could hear the exasperation and frustration in the voices of Dave Thomas and his co-commentator. They didn't have to report we were playing cr*p. I was in the 'give it 10 games' camp but after Tuesday, my opinion changed, although I had hoped Nicho would be given a couple more games to show he could sort out the shambles. I'm not as brutal as Brucie but you can't argue with what he says. Three teams in the National League have conceded 10 goals, and we are one of them. And our 'keeper has been deservedly the best player in all four of our games !!! I'm genuinely sorry that it hasn't worked out for Nicho because in my opinion he has kept us in the National League against all odds considering the basket case TUFC has become off the field.

I read about your drum fiasco on the Shambles thread. How stupid, irrational and ridiculous. I think i would have said 'Oh, sod it' and gone home. In contrast to what others have posted, I have found most of the stewards on the Pop Side okay. There are two or so who like to be numbskulls and throw their weight around and they give the rest a bad name. Good to have you and the drum back. It cetainly helped to generate a good atmosphere for the Tranmere match.

[highlight=yellow]Louis - please may we have a Most Annoying Poster of the Month thread? Ah - on second thoughts, no. Threelittlepiglets/ Arrywithanh/Arrywithnobrain would win it every month[/highlight]. :devil:
Made I :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 16:07 Gary brabin anyone
I do hope you're extracting the urine.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Well I would like to thank Nico n my view we survived the last 2 seasons because of him not in spite of him. His work off the pitch trying to gain more interest in the club is not to be sniffed at also.

Should he go now well I have an open mind Tuesday was my first match of the season and it was dreadful. But time will tell if a new manager does any better.

He certainly was not a shite manager like one or two very rude and thoughtless people are saying.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Todds been on radio devon talking himself up. He would be a disaster. He is another ex player (not quite a legend) who was sort of manager by default at Eastleigh.

He would be a terrible appointment.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Not sure the six nil will helps Todds cause..
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Personally I think the sacking was a little premature but we will all have differing opinions. Nicho was a brilliant manager PR wise and would imo make a good general manager or even a coach but he seems to struggle in the game planning necessary at this level. His infection enthusiasm for the club I think kept us up in two years when others although better tactitions may have led us down. I think we owe him our thanks for being Nicho.