Nicholson sacked 17/08

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

GI will not fork out the wages needed for an experienced manager. We can attract candidates, but when it comes to money, we can only afford the cheap option. Why do you think we ended up with Nicho in the first place? Not happy with this decision, I do not think that another manager could do much more with the circumstances and situation the club finds itself. If we were ten games in, then I could possibly understand, but four is a tad ridiculous.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Nicholson wasn't appointed by GI
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

arrywithanh wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 11:24 Nicholson wasn't appointed by GI
:-D

Yes, well done.

But, as aforementioned, I don't think that GI will fork out the money needed for the wages, just as we couldn't afford an experienced manager with the former board, despite attracting them.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

If we were a well run club and I trusted the owners to do the right thing I would say that they had little alternative but to change manager. But we aren't and I don't, and I really don't believe that a sensible alternative to Nicho will be appointed. I hope I'm wrong.

I feel for Nicho, he has been doing his job in bloody awful circumstances. Good luck to him for the future.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Sad news. Thanks for all you've done KN. Good luck with your next move.

Bit worried now for us.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Danny - give my regards to your dad. He is a genuinely nice bloke and I hope he gets another job in football soon.

How on earth is it a ridiculous decision though. Ten goals conceded in three games preceded by a failure to see off nine men. Mind you if Tully or Joyce gets the job I will change my mind.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

if arry thinks we'll be okay with Harrop in charge in the interim it shows how deluded he is

I would like to have seen Nicho given a couple more games but the decision is made and you have to move on

Frustrating as for whatever reason he turned down some players that would have made a real difference!
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 11:28 :-D

Yes, well done.

But, as aforementioned, I don't think that GI will fork out the money needed for the wages, just as we couldn't afford an experienced manager with the former board, despite attracting them.
Well considering the new board have already spent far more than the previous one did then how can you make such a call...
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 11:32 if arry thinks we'll be okay with Harrop in charge in the interim it shows how deluded he is

I would like to have seen Nicho given a couple more games but the decision is made and you have to move on

Frustrating as for whatever reason he turned down some players that would have made a real difference!
Not at all, see my previous post which clearly says "blummin hope its not Harrop" surely will be the assistant manager/coach until appointment of a newbie?
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Realistically, Nicho tried his best but his tactical prowess in games was lacking and he was always blaming everyone for defeat except himself.
I like to think he will be welcomed back at Legends dinners etc as we all know he was a top player and running a team on a tight budget is hard.
He did his best but in the end it was not good enough. Good luck to him in the future.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

brucie wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 11:31 Danny - give my regards to your dad. He is a genuinely nice bloke and I hope he gets another job in football soon.

How on earth is it a ridiculous decision though. Ten goals conceded in three games preceded by a failure to see off nine men. Mind you if Tully or Joyce gets the job I will change my mind.
:goodpost:
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

arrywithanh wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 11:24 Nicholson wasn't appointed by GI
Well, KN was given a 3-year contract with the blessing from GI who was in talks with Phillips & co about a takeover.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

Wish him the best shame it hasn't worked out. It did seem he recruited well this summer
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

rickl wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 11:36 Well, KN was given a 3-year contract with the blessing from GI who was in talks with Phillips & co about a takeover.
Lets not go down the history route... lots has happened.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

arrywithanh wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 11:37 Lets not go down the history route... lots has happened.
who is this moron arry bloke?

a very good point made by rickl but lets not go down that route...

probably large man harrop