Nicholson sacked 17/08

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

No problem with Harropp in the short term, don't want to rush the decision.

There'll be no shortage of interest all this talk of who would want it is bloody wet.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

It'll be Harrop or Tully. Both with less experience than Nicho.

Back to square one - a manager coming into a squad that isn't his.

I hope now we can all finally join together and realise that the real problem is above the manager's head.

I imagine it will be Harrop on Saturday and probably the following weekend. Thank **** I haven't booked any tickets to any games - club is an absolute basket case. I didn't mind spending money while KN was in charge as (despite often disagreeing with decisions), I believed he was a good fit long term. Now we are up in the air, and I am not going to willingly support the GI regime much from now on.

Frustrated isn't the word.

Thanks for all the efforts Kev - you've brought the club back into the community from where it was before your appointment. Imagine all that will go soon.

For what it's worth, KN will go on to have a better career in the game than we will while GI are here, I'm sure of it.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

It won't be Harrop, they're talking to candidates.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

DevonYellow wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 10:46 No problem with Harropp in the short term, don't want to rush the decision.

There'll be no shortage of interest all this talk of who would want it is bloody wet.
:goodpost: :)
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Plymouth Gull wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 10:47 It'll be Harrop or Tully. Both with less experience than Nicho.

Back to square one - a manager coming into a squad that isn't his.

I hope now we can all finally join together and realise that the real problem is above the manager's head.

I imagine it will be Harrop on Saturday and probably the following weekend. Thank **** I haven't booked any tickets to any games - club is an absolute basket case. I didn't mind spending money while KN was in charge as (despite often disagreeing with decisions), I believed he was a good fit long term. Now we are up in the air, and I am not going to willingly support the GI regime much from now on.

Frustrated isn't the word.

Thanks for all the efforts Kev - you've brought the club back into the community from where it was before your appointment. Imagine all that will go soon.

For what it's worth, KN will go on to have a better career in the game than we will while GI are here, I'm sure of it.
Glad you are part of the decision making process, clearly Harrop or Tulley then! :)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A sad day really. Nicholson was a really nice bloke who worked under extremely difficult circumstances. Definitely feel bad for him but we were rock bottom on Tuesday night.

I actually thought he might be given a bit longer, given that he has only just signed the players. I'm actually quite shocked to be honest. Looking at the highlights of the game there seems to be something wrong. If you look at our equaliser some players are not even bothering to celebrate.

In a way you maybe have to admire the owners for taking some action but a new manager is going to have the devils own job sorting this mess out because some of the players are not up to it.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

brucie wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 11:07 A sad day really. Nicholson was a really nice bloke who worked under extremely difficult circumstances. Definitely feel bad for him but we were rock bottom on Tuesday night.

I actually thought he might be given a bit longer, given that he has only just signed the players. I'm actually quite shocked to be honest. Looking at the highlights of the game there seems to be something wrong. If you look at our equaliser some players are not even bothering to celebrate.

In a way you maybe have to admire the owners for taking some action but a new manager is going to have the devils own job sorting this mess out because some of the players are not up to it.
:goodpost:
TUST number 080
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

brucie wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 11:07 A sad day really. Nicholson was a really nice bloke who worked under extremely difficult circumstances. Definitely feel bad for him but we were rock bottom on Tuesday night.

Is that because they are not up to it? or up for it? He recruited them so if not up to it, then his fault... He manages them so if not up for it, then some would say, his fault also.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It's sad that it has come to this. Nicholson is a decent man, with a family to support, who has worked incredibly hard in the most trying of circumstances. I think we are all sad for the man, more so than we would be if it was just another manager getting the boot, because we know how much the club means to him and that in essence is what probably bought him additional time.

It is difficult to argue that he was a successful appointment and with the season starting the way it has, then it is probably the right decision but only if the club do something imaginative as alternative.

Give the job to the likes of Tully, Harrop, Rogers, Joyce, Hodges, Compton, Carlisle and then I'd rather have seen Nicho remain in charge.

However, if they do something imaginative, in the way Lincoln did by appointing the Cowleys, then it would be refreshing. Perhaps Luke Garrad, manager of Boreham Wood, would offer the youthful zest and freshness that the club needs.

Please, no ex player nor anyone connected with local football. We need something radical and new.

In the meantime, I hope Nicholson goes on to have a good career. It may be that he can forge out a coaching career somewhere. It hasn't worked out at Plainmoor but I think most fans of TUFC would be delighted to see him be successful elsewhere.
Last edited by hector on 17 Aug 2017, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Well, you've got your wish. Now it's time to see if the grass really is greener on the other side.

Ray
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Really sad that it has come to this - I was at the Tranmere game and I genuinly felt that we were going somewhere at last and had nothing to fear from supposedly the best teams in the decision. Looking at Brucie's comment about some players not bothering to celebrate Keating's goals, I can only only think that perhaps Nicho has 'lost the dressing room' as they say. Certainly Lathrope's reaction tro being substituted at Gateshead says it all.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 11:13 Well, you've got your wish. Now it's time to see if the grass really is greener on the other side.

Ray

:goodpost:
bigleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bigleigh »

The board have acted in the clubs best interest. Even the legends own fans were starting to turn on him, another defeat on Saturday and another 300+ off the gate at the next home game is something the club cannot survive on. People have to remember TUFC is a business not a legends charity. Mark Yates is where my money for the next manager is, but that is only a guess.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Ray - bugger off. You havn't got a clue what you are talking about.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

bigleigh wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 11:19 The board have acted in the clubs best interest. Even the legends own fans were starting to turn on him, another defeat on Saturday and another 300+ off the gate at the next home game is something the club cannot survive on. People have to remember TUFC is a business not a legends charity. Mark Yates is where my money for the next manager is, but that is only a guess.
not a bad shout