Nicholson sacked 17/08

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 19:31 KN should be scouting local talent, yes, but then so should the scout/head of recruitment. What does he do?

Kevin is struggling it's fair to say, but I'm disappointed with the scout and the talent he has recommended....
and how do you know that the talent recommended hasn't been turned down by KN...
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

Blaming the budget is just an excuse. As is the location. There have been many posts on this forum suggesting up and coming players from lower divisions who would give their right arm to play in a club like this. Get rid of half our team and sign these youngsters. Two things would then happen - firstly it would cut the wages bill, and secondly we would have a team putting their all into the game. Yes we would lose matches, but at least we would have a team we were proud of and which would improve as time went by.

Chris
Chris
TUST member 479
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

We'll be OK.
Theres a lot of whingers out there!

Twas a poor show, but hey ho.

Seriously, I'd like to see a more obvious strategy to suit the players we have....

It can't be an easy job....
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

it's ok everyone TOASTKID says we will be alright?!?!?! Clearly hasn't watched the other games...
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

He's entitled to his opinion.god knows we know enough about your opinions ARRYWITHANH.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

arrywithanh wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 20:10 it's ok everyone TOASTKID says we will be alright?!?!?! Clearly hasn't watched the other games...
where's freedom fighter merse to quash arry for trying to stop someone else voicing an opinion!?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Whatever our 'arry thinks, at least he's better than the clueless 'argreaves :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Well at least one person has a winning mentality at Plainmoor - Chris Ralph wins FA National League Groundsman of the Year Award. On a non-existent budget that takes some doing - fair play to the man - great achievement. Do you think he knows anything about managing a team ?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Rossi Martin wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 11:34 If Nico is to leave he should step down to coach or AM to gain more experience. Then get a proven manager at this level.

Get Paul Buckle back
He'll never come back here; you do know he works in California coaching a team getting 11,000+ to watch them, right?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I did say the time to start judging KN would be around the 10-15 game mark, and despite last night's poor showing, I stand by that opinion. However I will say after last night's game there is cause for concern.

The reason I say this. This seasons squad in my opinion is a step above lasts seasons, and I'd argue that point on here, or face to face over a friendly drink in the bar, till I was blue in the face with anyone, so why did, I find myself thinking the same thoughts, having the same conversations, during the match, saying the same things as last season.

Like, no natural width, especially down the left hand side, no pace, lack of structure to our team play, mentality, game management, as said on the match thread, our team kept getting caught out by the same short over the top ball in behind, yet no one on the sidelines or the pitch seemed to take responsibility to try and counteract that, the evidence, we kept getting caught out time and time again, and we could on and on here.

So it leads me to ask, is there something limited, flawed, and maybe one dimensional in Nicho's football management DNA , maybe the training plans are the same old, same old, tactical set up, and metal preparation the same, as this seasons squad appears to have morphed into last seasons squad within the space of 4 games.

I am actually finding it beyond frustrating we're even having this discussion so early in the season, and the fact the natives, including some previously hardened Nicho fan's are getting restless so early in the season, tells a story all of it's own, KN needs performances and results fast, and if any players reading this and you want back the boss, then do your bit, and fast, as he (KN) is running out of friends around these parts.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

arrywithanh wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 19:34 A suggestion or implication is very different to an argument, enjoy your evening :clap:
Congratulations on your thread going to 15 pages(now that would confuse Raymond). But you are reason it's 15 pages, your numerous repetitive comments, I thought you deleted your account
Lucy
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

lucy6lucy wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 21:00 Congratulations on your thread going to 15 pages(now that would confuse Raymond). But you are reason it's 15 pages, your numerous repetitive comments, I thought you deleted your account
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH :sleep:
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

MellowYellow wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 20:43 Well at least one person has a winning mentality at Plainmoor - Chris Ralph wins FA National League Groundsman of the Year Award. On a non-existent budget that takes some doing - fair play to the man - great achievement. Do you think he knows anything about managing a team ?
Hang on a minute...he has a non-existent budget but has produced the best pitch in the league? I'm confused... because Danny assures us that if you don't have a good budget the best you can hope for is not to be one of the four worst in the division. :|
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Jerry wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 22:14 Hang on a minute...he has a non-existent budget but has produced the best pitch in the league? I'm confused... because Danny assures us that if you don't have a good budget the best you can hope for is not to be one of the four worst in the division. :|
I assume we are not talking about Danny Hunter the Chairman of Boreham Wood who said when promoted "when you arrive at places like Tranmere and Torquay, you really do realise what a small club we are in comparison" - so are they a small club on a small budget?

Lets us try and put this into perspective. On the one hand you have Torquay Utd a professional club and on the other Boreham Wood a part-time club (or amateur club as it was called in my heyday ). So what is the difference between professional and amateur?

As we are so early into the season let us look at the pre-season a key stage where a part-time club like Boreham Wood should suffer and struggle at the start of a season. During pre-season a professional club like Torquay could do a double sessions every day, then another on Saturday. That’s 11 sessions a week, and 66 over a six-week pre-season. Boreham Wood on the other hand will do one session on a Tuesday, Thursday and a Saturday morning (if possible), so they could be up to 48 training/preparation sessions behind Torquay before the season’s even starts. This should or ought to have been a big disadvantage to Boreham Wood. One also has to bear in mind a lot of Boreham Wood session time for players is spent traveling straight from work.

Each game we play is an outcome - irrespective of the scoreline. So it is the process before each match ( how we arrived at where we are) that is far more concerning. Where have things gone so wrong for Torquay. After the match the Boreham Wood manager, Garrad said “Torquay are a massive club, ... and explained his delight at seeing his side take the scalp of such a side" . To rub salt into the wounds Garrad, then went on to say the win "was about the fitness levels, the baseline fitness that we got through pre-season". HELLO!

I for one don't believe it is the budget as Danny alludes too as Boreham Wood prove the point that a large budget does not make a winning mentality nor does a small budget automatically drop you into the bottom four. The symptoms of our losing mentality run deeper than that and must be rooted out - now!
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Nico needs to stick to his strategy, formation and tactics. I heard people shouting "get out" to the defence, and "just clear it" then later when he pushes up the back 4, they moan that we are getting caught in behind and that the defence isn't quick enough. Same for a pressing midfield, should our tactics be to press or hold and play on the counter. Some say we should pass from the back, but then say our team cant pass. So therefore it stands to reason to not be a possession bases team and sit deeper. Whatever happens, the players need to play to the managers system and have the nerve to stick to it when things go wrong. It's then down to the manager to call the changes.
It's a different kettle of fish throwing in criticism from the terraces than it is actually being the man to make the decisions for everything.
I do get that a paying fan is perfectly entitled to air his frustrations, but we have literally hundreds of differing views from the supporters and I think we should objectively watch football and think longer term in what the manager and players are trying to achieve.

I would imagine trying to restrain the complaining would help the guys on the pitch a little....