Nicholson sacked 17/08

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 16:10
Nope. You both don't know any facts or figures and just using this as your main argument. You cannot compare the budget that TUFC needs to the likes of the teams based in London and up North. Our location is totally off putting and therefore we need to generate money that comes close to Buckle's under Rowe/Boyce's. So, yes, we may have a larger budget than last season and yes, we may have a bigger budget than other clubs, but it still does not compare because there are many variables to consider.
No doubt you already have the Feb 2018 valentines card ready for KN... Are you in any way related? LOL
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

arrywithanh wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 16:39 No doubt you already have the Feb 2018 valentines card ready for KN... Are you in any way related? LOL
why don't you take a day off to rest your "brain?"
where, anywhere in that post did danny mention KN??
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Nope. You both don't know any facts or figures and just using this as your main argument. You cannot compare the budget that TUFC needs to the likes of the teams based in London and up North. Our location is totally off putting and therefore we need to generate money that comes close to Buckle's under Rowe/Boyce's. So, yes, we may have a larger budget than last season and yes, we may have a bigger budget than other clubs, but it still does not compare because there are many variables to consider.
I'm not using the budget as an excuse/factor....you are to excuse his ineptitude!

Our budget isn't great but there's no point going on about it. Nicholson obviously can't make the little funds available to him work, and god knows he has had long enough to find a way, it's time to get in a manager who might!
GullatPlainmoor
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by GullatPlainmoor »

It is still being mentioned on the predictions thread and I will copy my posting from January 2017 - nothing has changed!!!
Kevin has done what he can above and beyond the call of duty because he is a great bloke and loves the club.Not many managers would do so much as he has.
However, it has been mentioned in quite a few posts about the teams main attacking tactic, .......which is to hoof it up the pitch. :'( This works so poorly for us and watching any decent team, successful attacks are mostly built up from the back PASSING through to midfield, PASSING out to wing backs who make for the line, crosses, to head or feet... then goals!!!! or from midfield, strikers running on to route 1 balls.
My concern is that Kevin, as our left back over the years, was forever hoofing the ball from defence. When under pressure it was his first/main option. Now he was great at throw ins and dead ball kicks and was also reasonable until of late (age slows us all down) at defending and I know loved playing for our club but I begin to feel what hope have we for passing/building attacks when it was the managers preferred option to hoof when moving out with the ball from defence.

Perhaps he does need some expert help on better tatics but I do not know if Harrop is the right man.

I will say again, I have the greatest respect for his commitment to the club and the amount of work and roles he puts in.
On the prediction thread the poster mentions pre-season friendlies when the lower league opposition where passing and moving instead of hoofball.

I watched a very lower league team play Cardiff City in pre-season friendly and 95% of the time the keeper rolled the ball out and it was pass and move.
It is not in Nico's nature to pass and move I will restate his main tactic as left back was hoofball and in three seasons of management he is still using it as a priority tactic - abysmal!

I am sorry but you have to go Kev, even give him a life president role for his good work outside managing the team but please remove him as manager!
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 16:47 why don't you take a day off to rest your "brain?"
where, anywhere in that post did danny mention KN??
thats sweet, sticking up for each other
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

All the more reason that Nicholson should be scouting local talent or looking at players further down the pyramid. I would love to know how many games Nicholson has attended in the last two years to scout players. Most of his signings are lazy, either players he's played with, against or recommendations from his very small contact list. When was the last time he signed a player he had scouted/discovered?

Nicholson is simply not up to the job and should be sacked. I can only imagine the stick any other manager would be getting if he wasn't a club legend.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

GullatPlainmoor wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 17:41 It is still being mentioned on the predictions thread and I will copy my posting from January 2017 - nothing has changed!!!
On the prediction thread the poster mentions pre-season friendlies when the lower league opposition where passing and moving instead of hoofball.

I watched a very lower league team play Cardiff City in pre-season friendly and 95% of the time the keeper rolled the ball out and it was pass and move.
It is not in Nico's nature to pass and move I will restate his main tactic as left back was hoofball and in three seasons of management he is still using it as a priority tactic - abysmal!

I am sorry but you have to go Kev, even give him a life president role for his good work outside managing the team but please remove him as manager!
An average national league player was our Kev - at best, now a below average manager :( - at best
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I think we have a half decent first 11 however due to injuries and fitness issues the squad of players available are not able to fill in the gaps.

My match day squad, if all fit,would be:
Clarke
Higgins
Mcginty
Gowling
Davis
Gosling
Young
Lee
Klukowski
Gray
Keating

Subs:
Pitman
Chaney
Hanworth
Lathrope
Anderson
Osborne

I would expect our fortunes to improve when we get somewhere near to fielding this team however the games are coming thick and fast and KN may not have the time to deliver before GI are forced into taking some action.

Last nights players didn't press the opposition enough, couldn't string a half a dozen passes together.Appeared to lack any sort of game plan and only started showing some bottle when we went 2-0 down. They subsequently switched off when we went level and collapsed.

The 1st half performance was woeful and we were fortunate to go into the break level. At one point in the half there was a stoppage in play and KN decided to walk down the tunnel instead of getting a message across to the players on the pitch.

Last night we were masters of our own disaster I'm afraid.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Arry you're a moron if you think Nicho was an average NL LB!

Team of the season player in a league 2 that should have got promoted too.

He would have held is position at LB I'm sure if we had gone up
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

People asking for an alternative to Kevin Nicholson.....

Richard Money who led Cambridge to promotion and the FA trophy is now available and looking for a club having left Norwich City where he was coaching the academy.

Obviously there are other factors such as geography, however this is a proven manager at this level who is currently available.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

DevonYellow wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 17:15 I'm not using the budget as an excuse/factor....you are to excuse his ineptitude!

Our budget isn't great but there's no point going on about it. Nicholson obviously can't make the little funds available to him work, and god knows he has had long enough to find a way, it's time to get in a manager who might!

I honestly do not think that any manager would do anything that would significantly improve our position, in the table or as a club in general. A poor budget, location and running of a club; that cannot attract the players that we need to push on up the table. We need more money and we don't have it.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

arrywithanh wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 17:42 thats sweet, sticking up for each other

Nice to see your constructive arguments, once again.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

KN should be scouting local talent, yes, but then so should the scout/head of recruitment. What does he do?

Kevin is struggling it's fair to say, but I'm disappointed with the scout and the talent he has recommended....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 19:09
Nice to see your constructive arguments, once again.
A suggestion or implication is very different to an argument, enjoy your evening :clap:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

How do you know Hedges hasn't recommended all kinds of decent players who the manager has rejected?