Nicholson sacked 17/08

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

tomogull wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 18:06 After just three games, this is madness from a so-called fan who seems to have a pathological hatred of Kevin Nicholson. Remember Exeter last season? They had the same hotheads calling for Paul Tisdale to go after they made poor start. He stayed ....... and took City to the Play Offs. I'm not for one minute saying we'll make the play offs, but let's at least wait until the end of August to see how things pan out before we get our knickers in a twist, shall we?
So wrong, actually they were moaning at his cost to the club, not his ability... check the exeter forum.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

BASICALLY, DON'T VOICE YOUR OPINION AGAINST THE FORUM MASSIVE BECAUSE THEY WILL ATTEMPT TO TAKE YOU DOWN... LOL...
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Before I delete my account, I am VERY pleased I started this thread. What a joke, basically unless you have an undying love for KN then you are not welcome. Clearly not a forum run by fans but one that is just as clicky as the runnings of GI. Bunch of ************. Enjoy watching KN destroy us this season.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

arrywithanh wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 18:27 Before I delete my account, I am VERY pleased I started this thread. What a joke, basically unless you have an undying love for KN then you are not welcome. Clearly not a forum run by fans but one that is just as clicky as the runnings of GI. Bunch of ************. Enjoy watching KN destroy us this season.
Bye bye Princess x
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

There isn't any comparison between Tisdale and Nicholson though. You cannot seriously be suggesting that we will be anywhere near the play offs.

Todays result was completely unacceptable. Its been a dismal start.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Were you born a moran Brucie or have you spent your life perfecting it!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Three games into the season ( all decent opposition) and we are already looking to sack the manager. Good grief! My personal predication for the first 3 games was LLD - wrong but still equalled the 1 point we have got. The results of next three games ( Boreham Wood, Guiseley, Solihull Moors) will in my opinion give a truer reflection of whether we have a manager and squad 'fit for purpose'. Anything less than 6 points from the next 3 matches and I think our season will be another long and arduous affair. That of course, will be unacceptable to the supporters and I feel GI also. They are not a Dave Phillips & Co, running on emotions and a shoe-string budget but a business that runs on a performance based strategy and have invested this season ( as small as the budget may appear) to produce a top half team.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

its nothing to do with the hatred of kevin, he is a really nice bloke who clearly loves the club, he was a fantastic player for us but he is not the manager we need to take this club back to the football league, we can all blame the old owners and GI but fact is kevin is out of his depth.
and he either needs to step aside now or GI need to sack him and bring in someone who knows how to get us out of this mess, a paul Buckle or Leroy character.
we are a football league club and we need to be back there, but we wont do it under kevin, and please don't start on about budgets, Dagenham and Redbridge had the lowest budget of any football league club when they were in the league with and average wage of £350 a week. and they turned out some decent results during that time and faired pretty well, and look Morecombe with their tiny budget and crowds.
sorry time to go kev before we are in a real mess.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

arrywithanh wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 18:27 Before I delete my account, I am VERY pleased I started this thread. What a joke, basically unless you have an undying love for KN then you are not welcome. Clearly not a forum run by fans but one that is just as clicky as the runnings of GI. Bunch of ************. Enjoy watching KN destroy us this season.
It's called freedom of speech. Everyone has their own opinions, that's what makes a forum. It has nothing to do with how the forum is run we don't edit posts because we don't agree with them or delete posts for the same.

Get a grip. If you want your account removed just change your email to a fake email address and make the password something you won't ever remember and you can DIY.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I can totally see the reasoning behind this, but who are we going to get in now who is better?

Not saying there isn't anyone out there, but no experienced, respected coach will take this gig. It'll have to be someone inexperienced and then it's 50-50 whether it will be any better or worse
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Somebody with National League experience would be ideal but a manager with fresh ideas couldn't do any worse.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

sorry jeff but there are plenty out there who would take the job, there are many managers in this league who are almost un heard of, but they do a decent job, the rot needs to stop now. I would rather see buckle back, personally if Leroy was likely to ditch the media work he would sort this mess out.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Jeff, I know what you are saying but despite our current predicament there are plenty of coaches/managers out there that would jump at the opportunity of taking us back in to the league. It would look good on their CV.

Our recent record would mean they have nothing to lose by taking the job- they can't do any worse

I mean I just want a season of mediocrity......please.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Don't be silly. Lets wait and see what happens in the coming matches. We're aiming for mid table (12/13/14th) at the very best this season with what we have and all the teams we've played should finish above us. If we lose to Guiseley and Solihull then maybe a discussion should be had.

As for people saying no one else would be interested in the job, believe me there would be. Players trying to break into management, upwardly mobile lower league managers, national league stalwarts out of work and looking to get their name out there. A number of managers applied when Nicho was appointed and the club was in an even worse situation then with no guarantee of the manager even being paid! Hell an equivalent of the Cowleys down in the lower leagues would leap at the chance of managing the 5th/6th biggest club in this league and getting their name out there.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 18:47 There isn't any comparison between Tisdale and Nicholson though. You cannot seriously be suggesting that we will be anywhere near the play offs.

Todays result was completely unacceptable. Its been a dismal start.
No - I do not think we will be anywhere near the play offs and I said so in my post. It certainly isn't the start to the season we hoped for and again this afternoon we had NO shots on target according to the Radio Devon report. I'm sure Nico and Robbie Herrara know only too well that their jobs are on the line if performances like this afternoon continue. But let's give them a bit of slack and see how the results pan out between now and the end of the month.

My worry before the start of the season was that we seemed to have little fire-power up front. That is still a huge concern.