Danny Potter

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

May i suggest a bit of cooling down here,i did this thread partly in support of Danny Potter and partly tongue in cheek,knowing that SG played at a high level himself and who he has worked with i do respect his opinion on goalkeeping.

I think looking at the standard of keepers we have had before ,i think we lucky to have two capable keepers at this level,both have made mistakes which have ultimately costs goals,however both deserve praise aswell.
Formerly known as forevertufc
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

no malice intended just maybe a different view fought strongly,I too played a decent standard so have an insight aswell. anywat more tomorrow and all that. cheers forever.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's all cool here, nothing wrong with healthy debate at all.

The involvement by myself, Scott and Matt is all friendly and done amongst friends so don't panic Dave ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

No cooling down needed here either. I just enjoy winding up Dave. Given that I have never seen Potter play it is, as has been pointed out, rather difficult for me to comment on how he is doing. I think you will find that Dave will dish out as much as he receives (ooo eeeerrr) ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Cool :rofl: ,did not want it getting out of hand thats all,so now i know its all cool off to bed :sleep:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

scottbrehaut wrote:No cooling down needed here either. I just enjoy winding up Dave. Given that I have never seen Potter play it is, as has been pointed out, rather difficult for me to comment on how he is doing. I think you will find that Dave will dish out as much as he receives (ooo eeeerrr) ;-)
He did ok last night, some might say "pretty damn good" while those that know better would put that down to luck :clap: :clap:

In all seriousness, he did well last night and doogull did point out one of his strengths which is his communication. That said, the point I made about that tip onto the bar is valid and any decent keeper would know exactly what I mean when I refer to it,
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Will look forward to "proper" highlights on the Beeb in a couple of days to see for myself.
The commentator on the highlights clip they currently have on there is rather complimentary about him last night by the way.
It's all about opinions. As an ex keeper you will see things differently to somebody who hasn't kicked a ball in anger, and will set a higher standard than that person.

Lets all have a group hug

STIP
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Sod off you gay parisenne :red:
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Southampton Gull wrote:Sod off you gay parisenne :red:
:rofl:

STIP
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Having just watched the highlights, 3 superb saves from Potts. The one in the first half was hit a lot harder than i remember, obviously the penalty save was great but he clearly saves the last one which comes off the post, best of the lot really.

Definite MOTM.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Still stand by my comments about the one he tipped onto the bar and the pen wasn't well taken but the third save was very good, shame I couldn't see it from where I was stood. So, Potter can be happy with his performance and I hope it gives him the confidence to keep playing well.
Dave

Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

doogull wrote:tell you what when im passing seale hayne tomorrow i will, as for kenny he is dealing with 2 experienced keepers and is doing a brilliant job too, nite bud good debate. will let you know what pott's said tomorrow.
Be a wasted stop off. They're using Audley Park today :)
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

So basically Potter is a bit like Marmite. SG has now tried a Twiglet and is still adamant that it doesn't taste that nice but the grimace from his face has gone when he eats one.

Would that be quite a good metaphor?!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Lol, you wouldn't ever see me eating a twiglet unless she was wearing high heels and had a mop of blonde hair ;-)
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I've enjoyed reading this thread. As was mentioned some time ago, it's good to see you posting regular again Dave and bringing healthy debate and humour to the Main Board. :-D
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"