Danny Potter

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Danny Potter

Post by Dave »

Of late Danny Potter has come in for some real stick,and had pelters chucked at him for mistake's made with fans saying after every game "well Bevan will be back in next game",i have thought the criticsm was overly harsh in the grand scheme of things,as recent dropped points have not been down to just him,hence why i have stood up and defended him.

To me its about giving credit where its due ,tonight he communitcated well with the back four,handled the ball well,made a good save in the first half,and followed up the penalty save with a cracking save late on ,which was helped clear by roberston i think.

Have to say the penalty save went some way to making my night,as i was stood next to Southampton gull,oh how i enjoyed returning the stick i received,happy days :clap: ,he took it well though :-D

He has taken some stick,tonight think he deserve's some praise,well done Danny Potter more than played your part in what i thought was a good point won.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Your right, I was one who's been saying I want bevan back but everything your saying is correct.

The save in the first half on to the bar I think was amazing!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

forevertufc wrote:Of late Danny Potter has come in for some real stick,and had pelters chucked at him for mistake's made with fans saying after every game "well Bevan will be back in next game",i have thought the criticsm was overly harsh in the grand scheme of things,as recent dropped points have not been down to just him,hence why i have stood up and defended him.

To me its about giving credit where its due ,tonight he communitcated well with the back four,handled the ball well,made a good save in the first half,and followed up the penalty save with a cracking save late on ,which was helped clear by roberston i think.

Have to say the penalty save went some way to making my night,as I was stood next to Southampton gull,oh how i enjoyed returning the stick i received,happy days :clap: ,he took it well though :-D

He has taken some stick,tonight think he deserve's some praise,well done Danny Potter more than played your part in what i thought was a good point won.
Aye, the former part time professional 'keeper from Hampshire deserved the stick. :clap:

The worried look on his face when it dawned on him that Danny Potter might get the sponsors MOTM. Potter WAS man of the match in my opinion for the first half finger tip reaction save on to the bar. Top draw, right up there with Pokey's save at Histon. The penalty save ? Superb. :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote:Of late Danny Potter has come in for some real stick,and had pelters chucked at him for mistake's made with fans saying after every game "well Bevan will be back in next game",i have thought the criticsm was overly harsh in the grand scheme of things,as recent dropped points have not been down to just him,hence why i have stood up and defended him.

Have to say the penalty save went some way to making my night,as i was stood next to Southampton gull,oh how i enjoyed returning the stick i received,happy days :clap: ,he took it well though :-D

1st highlight - well done dave nice one! :rofl: did SG do this> :Oops:

2nd highlight - he probably didnt do that either! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Just cos he stands between the sticks doesn't mean he's going to save them all. Excellent fingertip onto the crossbar save too. In my eyes a very good keeper, on par with Bevs.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

How good was Potter today, absolutely bloody brilliant, not a mistake in sight. If only I'd been stood anywhere near his greatest (and smelliest?) detractor. HAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously though, Potter didn't do anything wrong tonight, the only one of the back 5 to be devoid of any significant blame today.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Do me a favour, his "magnificent fingertip save onto the bar" should have been tipped over the bar.

He did ok but if he was as good as Bevan he would have saved the penalty twice :lol:
Dave

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Southampton Gull wrote:Do me a favour, his "magnificent fingertip save onto the bar" should have been tipped over the bar.

He did ok but if he was as good as Bevan he would have saved the penalty twice :lol:
Potter would of saved the penalty with a diving header scoring from the save by lobbing the keeper :keepie:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

One could argue that if Bevan was better he would have been playing tonight..........

We have still only lost one game with Potter playing in the team.

In fairness, it is good to see that when a player that you previously thought wasn't "that" good, but has a good game, you have the grace to admit it Dave. Not just about Potter either. Plenty of people would slag a player (or indeed Bucks) off and then not have the common courtesy to praise that player (or Bucks) when they deserve it.
Nice to have two keepers who are able to save penalties though!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I like both. Tonight was Potter's best performance, as with anyone whose been sat on their arse all season, mgiht take him a few games to get his sharpness and confidence up. Lets face it while he would have been delighted with 3 clean sheets he didn't actually have to do anything int hose games. So it's only now that we're seeing if he's good enough and worth keeping for next year. I mentioned to SG earlier, Bucks will give him 10 games and it'll be a decision not just for the rest of the season but for next season as well.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

scottbrehaut wrote:One could argue that if Bevan was better he would have been playing tonight..........

We have still only lost one game with Potter playing in the team.

In fairness, it is good to see that when a player that you previously thought wasn't "that" good, but has a good game, you have the grace to admit it Dave. Not just about Potter either. Plenty of people would slag a player (or indeed Bucks) off and then not have the common courtesy to praise that player (or Bucks) when they deserve it.
Nice to have two keepers who are able to save penalties though!!

One could also say that if you had ever seen Potter play your opinion might count a little more :lol:

Bloody French !!
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Southampton Gull wrote:
One could also say that if you had ever seen Potter play your opinion might count a little more :lol:

Bloody French !!
Pay for me to come over next time we are playing and I will gladly offer my opinion.... ;-)

STIP
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

He'll be dropped by the time you got out of Pompey docks :clap: :clap:
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Not if he plays like he did last night. Reading the reports on here, and checking out peoples man of the match predictions, it would appear that he had an excellent game....

STIP
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

No he didn't actually. He nearly made a meal out of one save pushing it onto the bar when he should have got better contact on the ball and saved a penalty, that doesn't equate to an excellent game.

Eunan scored, some haven't even mentioned him in their ratings, so your point is mute.
Dave