Club Captain

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Club Captain

Post by Rossi Martin »

Does anyone know if they have announced the club captain for the season. I hope its Sean McGinty
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

I vaguely remember the Buckle days when he changed the Captain every week!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gowling (the obvious choice) and Youngy as vice
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Good choice for captain. Think McGinty can consider himself a little unfortunate to be overlooked for back-up but hopefully having two strong personalities at centre half will be a benefit to us
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Does anybody know whether Torquay will be using multiple captains this season? Barrow utilised this captaincy structure with Club Captain Simon Grand and Team Captain Danny Livesey during Darren Edmondson's time at the club.

Ray
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 21:16 Does anybody know whether Torquay will be using multiple captains this season? Barrow utilised this captaincy structure with Club Captain Simon Grand and Team Captain Danny Livesey during Darren Edmondson's time at the club.

Ray
No. Gowling is captain.

I'm sure that was wonderful for Barrow
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 21:16 Does anybody know whether Torquay will be using multiple captains this season? Barrow utilised this captaincy structure with Club Captain Simon Grand and Team Captain Danny Livesey during Darren Edmondson's time at the club.

Ray
Does anyone know of a previous email on multiple captains. Ray wrote one previously about Barrow, it seemed to work well.
TUST number 080
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Have any of you not suspected Ray is 'Auty not Naughty' i.e. autistic?

His posts certainly bely signals of that condition; and whilst it might be irritating to some, it is nothing to persecute or disrespect him for.

Please be tolerant of those different than you!
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Didn't Torquay try the club captain/team captain one season?
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

rickl wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 08:08 Didn't Torquay try the club captain/team captain one season?
We did it during the Leroy era didn't we? I seem to recall that Steve Woods was "club captain", but as he had a question marks over his fitness someone else (Woozley for a bit, then Craig Taylor?) wore the armband as Team a captain.

And I think Buckle did it as well when everyone had a go at wearing the armband in our Playoff winning season
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Jeff wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 09:37 We did it during the Leroy era didn't we? I seem to recall that Steve Woods was "club captain", but as he had a question marks over his fitness someone else (Woozley for a bit, then Craig Taylor?) wore the armband as Team a captain.

And I think Buckle did it as well when everyone had a go at wearing the armband in our Playoff winning season
Now that I have thought more about it I think Martin Ling did this as well. I believe Brian Saah was either captain or team captain and then someone else had that other role.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

merse btpir wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 08:02 Have any of you not suspected Ray is 'Auty not Naughty' i.e. autistic?

His posts certainly bely signals of that condition; and whilst it might be irritating to some, it is nothing to persecute or disrespect him for.

Always happy to support a call for tolerance. I guess we will never know if Ray is 'sad. mad or bad' or anything else. Personally, I think it is a wind-up.
TUST number 080
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 08:02 Have any of you not suspected Ray is 'Auty not Naughty' i.e. autistic?

Pot/kettle? :-D

I actually find his posts quite funny, or should I say provocative. He certainly makes me laugh while watching others going off the deep end at him ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

If he is a wind up he will keep doing it as some just cant help but bite, if he is autistic (or similar) and enjoys posting on here then I hope he keeps doing and I hope people give him the respect he deserves.

Either way Ray is all right in my book and if he does decide to come down when we play Barrow Id be more than happy to meet for a pint in the boots and laces before the game and talk about his team.... who is he hurting?!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Very much agree with these sentiments. The attitude of some towards Ray the Barrow fan has been quite appalling and uncalled for at times. The attitude towards him has been quite agitated, arrogant and at times Torquay fans have come accross as a bit big time Charlie.

So he matches and compares a TUFC news item or topic with a Barrow one, AND! So he calls things by the wrong name and comes accross a bit pedantic, And!

We are supposed to be a friendly, family orientated, welcoming club and I thought that included the forum. Ray may be a little different, he may just be an old fuddy duddy or it may be something like Merse has pointed out, but for Gods sake everyone who is bothered by Rays postings dont be so bloody ridiculous, if you dont like it keep scrolling.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).