danny racchi

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
spirit of 1990
Trialist
Trialist

danny racchi

Post by spirit of 1990 »

barrow fan in peace here

i am led to believe we have offered a deal to your former player and am here to ask for some opinions on this.

thanks,

ian
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Danny and I communicate occasionally and this is news to me although I knew he had been on trial there..........a very combative and influencial player with a voice and opinions to match.

Had a nightmare last season with injury and his subsequent re-hab costing him the entire season. He had at least four offers of a contract last season which he was unable to take up.

A very valuable asset in any club and with the ability to play with ease at this level. If this is true; then I am very pleased for him and he lives but a 20 minute drive from your training ground in Rochdale!
Last edited by merse btpir on 30 Jul 2017, 18:58, edited 2 times in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I liked Danny racchi as a player for TUFC, provided us with calm head in midfield, a good short range passer of the ball and organiser in and around the midfield one player I love to see back in a yellow shirt, as a co-commentator on a few of our match's last season, proved to be knowledgeable about the game also.
Formerly known as forevertufc
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

merse btpir wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 18:30Danny and I communicate occasionally and this is news to me although I knew he had been on trial there
No this is not a fact; maybe a rumour up there but Danny tells me he has nothing so far and that his sort of game is virtually redundant in the Barrow style with Paul Cox preferring to be so direct in his manner of play.

I do know that assistant manager Mickey Moore is a big fan of Danny; but he's not got the final say there of course.

My thoughts not his: but a bit like being a net cord judge at a tennis game I would have thought!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

If only he could return to Devon!
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

Would love to see him back in a Yellow shirt. He was very opinionated in his commo last season and may have said a few things that weren't popular at Plainmoor. Just the sort of combative, vocal leader we need.
spirit of 1990
Trialist
Trialist

Post by spirit of 1990 »

we have also announced jack barthram who seems to be a south west based player. any of you know much about him?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

spirit of 1990 wrote: 01 Aug 2017, 10:20we have also announced jack barthram who seems to be a south west based player. any of you know much about him?
A Londoner who developed at Spurs and then played for both Swindon and Cheltenham ~ not the southwest as Torquay people would describe with with both clubs being well over a hundred miles from the English Riviera.

The manner in which you se the word 'also' suggests Barrow have offered Danny something; they haven't as far as I am aware.