Truro Match

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

With the dismal weather and early goal fest, this goes down as one of the more bizarre PSFs I've been to.

Young got the first, deceiving the keeper with a curling free kick into the near bottom corner. He was a busy and dominant presence throughout. Persistence after a goalmouth scramble saw Gray make it 2, before he lashed his second with the Truro defence asleep. Completing the 14 minute madness, Higgins smashed a left-footed fourth into the top corner. The most promising RB we've had in years, and not an undeserving MOTM.

Second half sub Pittman coolly slotted in a one-on-one and was narrowly judged to be offside after an even better finish. The scoring was rounded off with an unlikely belter by Lathrope - it's been a long time coming!

All in all, a real confidence booster and chance for a few of the forwards to get amongst the goals. Poor Ruairi Keating worked tirelessly and looked gutted to be denied what looked a certain goal. Hard to tell against a side whose standout was Gerring, but we played some good stuff. Gosling, Young and Chaney showed good vision and interchanges to keep the strikers in the game.

Truro had a couple of moments with Klukowski and McGinty a bit immobile and sloppy in possession, and there were moments where a better side would've punished us. On this occasion, Clarke's biggest challenge was to avoid catching a cold. Fallon...no comment.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

merse btpir wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 21:36 Fer feck's sake Andrew; I've given you a link ~ help yourself!
i ad something to log into but i dont have an account. so would it have led to the page if i did register. i struggle to remember pass words as it is
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Write it down on a sticky and plonk it on your computer Andrew
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Great result for the Gulls. TUFC are beginning to find their feet a week before the season commences.

Ray
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

SBP wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 21:57 Just got in from the game, not the best weather!! Well that was interesting, Truro were dead and buried within 14min. Truro were completely shocking, totally asleep from Luke Youngs free kick, they were just a complete shambles. Saying all that, TUFC were strong, fast and passed the ball very well. Higgins goal was one of the best strikes I have seen for a long time. Jordan Lee was exceptional, Grey must have thought it was xmas.
Even had to laugh at the ref giving his assistant a dressing down and reversing a throw in decision.
All in all some really good individual performances and collectively this side looks like they have something about them. Of course it will be a totally different proposition against Tranmere, however I m optimistic. This side looks confident and they have some very promising individuals.
A quick mention about Truro, Gerring and Richards looked dreadful, when Ed Palmer came on I didn't even recognise him, how heavy is he now!! They are going to need to improve dramatically or they are in for a very tough season.
:goodpost:

Totally agree, Lee played like he did at the end of last season, Gosling and Higgins looked impressive together on the right in the second half. Felt a bit for Keating who worked very hard and was desperate to get a goal. Sam Chaney did well at left back in the first half and when pushed further up in the second, looked very accomplished against what has to said a very poor team in Truro. Not what we needed a week before Tranmere but definitely some room for some optimism for the season (hopefully!!)