Barrow AFC

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Barrow AFC

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Is it possible that we either have an entire thread dedicated to Barrow AFC or perhaps give the red card to anyone who repeatedly posts about another club in an irrelevant context to maintain the sanity (or at least partial sanity) of this forum?!

:red:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well as I've just said on the Weymouth thread, as forum we've always welcomed guests from other clubs, and should continue to do so, if fans of other clubs want to share their news with us, or compare events at their club with the goings on at ours, what's the problem ? As along as they don't come on here and over step the mark, I'm fine with it personally.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Had Danny Racchi on trial last week.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Agreed but to comment about another club on every single thread and topic? I thought it was a joke at first but to be honest it's now getting a little tedious!

Perhaps in order to facilitate other supporters we set up a different forum category so that the "ALL THINGS PLAINMOOR" remains as such?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

A valid point, but as said by other posters, we have the power to ignore the Barrow related posts. A few seasons ago, a Grimsby fan by the name of les.GTFC posted on here, he even won poster of the month on here, he's was known at the time for posting around numerous forums, totally respected on all of them.

Think it can be interested to get a perspective on other clubs and our own from fans from other clubs.
Formerly known as forevertufc
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I agree - Ray is a totally harmless contributor and actually quite interesting at times. However I did wonder at one point whether 'Ray Johnstone' was a pseudonym for 'Paul Cox' - Paul Cox was once a school teacher and 'Ray' certainly has a schoolmasterly tone about him. All good fun and I'm sure 'Ray' will have other interests as soon as the season starts proper!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

It's ironic he hasn't posted on this thread yet though.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

My e-mails are always relevant to the page heading. We have had trouble with users drifting off topic over on barrowafc.net ever since John Little left his position on the moderating team. It has become a chaotic mess and I certainly do not want to replicate the situation on this blog.

As this page is not related to TUFC, the webmaster should move it the site's general comments section in my opinion.

Ray
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Ray you make valid points on the various threads and you don't incite inflammatory responses like our own commentators but is it really necessary to relate nearly every comment back to your own club?!
Barrow_fan_chris
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Fallon

Post by Barrow_fan_chris »

Good old Ray , he's an old dinosaur that appears from time to time on the barrow forum.
Claims he can only go to midweek games due to a "regular weekend engagement"
I'm a recently employed Mod on the barrow site.
I'm Chris.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Welcome to the unofficial Barrow AFC forum Chris! You will have a blast here, although be aware we occasionally discuss another club, Torquay United FC but don't worry about that too much 😂
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

what's that Moussa Diarra like Ray?
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

And Barrow Fan Chris's favourite player is Rory Fallon!! Jesus Christ am I the only one seeing a blatant P*@s take of our forum or am I going mad???

Barrow Fans - if you are genuine, which i doubt you are, there is a section on the The Plopside called Rivals banter. Why don't you try there? You may find more people who wish to engage with you and leave the "All things Plainmoor" as purely a Torquay Forum.

Peace
Barrow_fan_chris
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Fallon

Post by Barrow_fan_chris »

Apologies, won't post again.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

No need to apologise Chris. You feel free to post, most people are happy with copious amounts of Barrow/Ray postings.

I'm done.