Rory Fallon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Rory Fallon

Post by tufcbrett »

He has left Yeovil, Maybe we should ask him to come along on a short contract and cover Mr Howe while he recovers.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

may cost a bit too much brett.........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:may cost a bit too much brett.........

£5000 a week at Argyle these days is worth what ? Um ? Nothing ?

Knock a couple of zeros off the end of that figure and for £50 a week it would be more than what he's been getting at Argyle recently per week.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

He was playing in that behind closed door friendly the other week and was very quiet! Well I think it just shows what a good job Ellis did
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Well judging by the latest HE article it seems likely he will be recruited.

Nicho states it is 'very very hard' to find a target man and indicates that Fallon might just do! This is a guy who is now 35, had recent long term injuries, struggled greatly at a poor side in the league below last season and is not even fit.

We have had months to find someone to fit the bill in terms of this role and employ a head of recruitment for such purposes.

Again we seem to be reactively panicking and making judgements based on hopes of a player somehow rolling back their clock ten years (just like the Harrad signing when Bliss departed).

As you know I provide backing to Nicho is most situations but honesty this has really angered me and again we are left in a situation of looking like a joke. Whether it is his/Dave Hedges/Harrop's or GI's fault (or a combination) it is simply laughable.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Fully agree with you on this. According to wiki, he played 16 games for Truro last season and failed to score. I think that tells its own story. If I remember rightly, he didn't leave by choice - his contract was terminated, although I'm not 100% sure on that score. Even Karl Hawley managed three goals when he played for us and Shaun Harrad managed two (in the two seasons he was on United's books).

I'm still interested in the Ryan Brunt situation. He's been training with Exeter but as far as I know, he hasn't been offered a contract yet. I think he would be ideal. However, I see that their top scorer - the lad from Newton Abbot (I sooo wish I could remember names !) could be moving to Brentford so Tisdale could see Brunt as a shoe-in replacement. As for Fallon - as posted elsewhere - NO !!!! Surely, there must be young strikers out there who could be brought in on loan and would be a much better option than a past-it 35/36 year old. In my opinion, signing Fallon would be a waste of the pot of money that Nicholson has been given to bring in players.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Agree with Richinns on this one, laughable if we do sign him
Last edited by SBP on 19 Jul 2017, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Thought he ran round like a headless chicken last night-did he even get a touch of the ball in the time he was on the pitch?
Agree-several years too late and makes us look a bit desperate.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Based on what I saw last night ...a complete waste of whatever wage he may be paid.
Lacked pace and enthusiasm and it would almost guarantee a season of the hoof ball game or at least until he picks up an injury. No thank you.
Wouldn't even take him if he was paying us to play !
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Last season the Plymouth pre season game cost us Nathan Blissett.They liked what they saw and were back at Christmas. We virtually gave him away. Now we play Plymouth once again and give full view through playing Fallon to just how desperate we have become. The departure of Blissett last year damn near got us relegated. This year if this is the best we can do- it most certainly will.
LankyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by LankyGull »

tomogull wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 16:19 Fully agree with you on this. According to wiki, he played 16 games for Truro last season and failed to score. I think that tells its own story. If I remember rightly, he didn't leave by choice - his contract was terminated, although I'm not 100% sure on that score. Even Karl Hawley managed three goals when he played for us and Shaun Harrad managed two (in the two seasons he was on United's books).

I'm still interested in the Ryan Brunt situation. He's been training with Exeter but as far as I know, he hasn't been offered a contract yet. I think he would be ideal. However, I see that their top scorer - the lad from Newton Abbot (I sooo wish I could remember names !) could be moving to Brentford so Tisdale could see Brunt as a shoe-in replacement. As for Fallon - as posted elsewhere - NO !!!! Surely, there must be young strikers out there who could be brought in on loan and would be a much better option than a past-it 35/36 year old. In my opinion, signing Fallon would be a waste of the pot of money that Nicholson has been given to bring in players.
His name is Ollie Watkins Tomogull :-D
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Dazza wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 16:41Last season the Plymouth pre season game cost us Nathan Blissett.They liked what they saw and were back at Christmas. We virtually gave him away.
You've been told before on another forum.......Blissett went for the release value in his contract; he was not 'given away'.

You know that he was out of contract come the end of last season and that is all that the club could realise for his registration, so why keep peddling the same old misinformed rubbish?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

LankyGull wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 17:46
His name is Ollie Watkins Tomogull :-D
Ah yes - of course. Thanks. I need to stock up on memory pills ! :-D
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Has Nicho looked at Fallons record since he left Argyle in 2011?

Between 2011 and 2013 he played 48 games scoring 4 goals.

Between 2014 and 2016 he played 35 games scoring 4 goals. He played for 6 different clubs.

Average 1 goal in 10 games. He is well passed his sell by date and there must be a young striker at a big Club who would be better than a player who clearly is over the hill. Come on Nicho engage those little grey cells!!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

You have told me on another forum Merse ! I continue to think that although there were contractual confines it was poor business..

The fact the club ( or Nico) or both have failed to replace him in half a season and a close season is frankly pathetic.