Rory Fallon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Tim Sills was panned by Oxford fans as well, and most fans (myself included) wanted to keep Lee Thorpe instead.

I was really excited by the Matt Green and Danny Senda signings, and they both flopped.

It's not an exciting signing, but low cost and non-committal, so nothing to get upset over. If Brunt or any other striker becomes available for within our price range I'm sure we'll take a look. He was a great striker for Swindon in his prime and has years of experience, including a World Cup, so should be able to offer some help to Keating and the like to improve their games.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Gulliball wrote: 26 Jul 2017, 20:15 Tim Sills was panned by Oxford fans as well, and most fans (myself included) wanted to keep Lee Thorpe instead.

I was really excited by the Matt Green and Danny Senda signings, and they both flopped.

It's not an exciting signing, but low cost and non-committal, so nothing to get upset over. If Brunt or any other striker becomes available for within our price range I'm sure we'll take a look. He was a great striker for Swindon in his prime and has years of experience, including a World Cup, so should be able to offer some help to Keating and the like to improve their games.
:goodpost: it's not like hes on a 2 year contract on £2000*a week like Hawley for example.* more of a statement where the club went wrong in its financial dealings
Lucy
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

RF has played 80 odd games since 2011 and scored 8 goals.
He is a journey man striker coming to the end of his road, who has some how managed to thumb another lift from a desparate club.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Coulthirst who enjoyed a successful loan spell here from Spurs has just moved from Peterborough on a free to Barnet. Now he could have been a useful addition.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Plymouth Gull my response;

Fallon is cheap for a reason. Nobody wants him.

He is experienced at a higher level. Yes a long time ago. Look at his playing and scoring record since 2011.

At 35 he may have reasons like dreaming he will be capped again by New Zealand but his body will not cope with the National League if his fitness is in serious doubt.

He may be local but so was Ben Gerring.

This is the worst signing in an important position I can remember in a very long time.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

nickbrod wrote: 26 Jul 2017, 20:32 Coulthirst who enjoyed a successful loan spell here from Spurs has just moved from Peterborough on a free to Barnet. Now he could have been a useful addition.
Err; tell me why he would want to go non league at the arse end of the country when he can jump on the train in Hackney every morning and be at Barnet's excellent training ground within the hour? :|
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

merse btpir wrote: 26 Jul 2017, 20:57 Err; tell me why he would want to go non league at the arse end of the country when he can jump on the train in Hackney every morning and be at Barnet's excellent training ground within the hour? :|
Just clutching at straws rather than ice cream cones!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

So in a recent QandA session our head of recruitment described how he was tasked with identifying a target man and a left winger.

So - what have we ended up with? Fallon (discussed enough above for me to bother detailing) and Tallon Mitchell (who is not a winger and was not deemed good enough for a contract last year!).

Top draw job fella!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

nickbrod wrote: 26 Jul 2017, 20:32 Coulthirst who enjoyed a successful loan spell here from Spurs has just moved from Peterborough on a free to Barnet. Now he could have been a useful addition.
:goodpost:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Yes but Fallon not only looks like Ross Poldark, he can ride a tricycle! :bow:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I thought I had read that there was a striker coming in after the start of the season, was it from America or am I making this up?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

portugull wrote: 26 Jul 2017, 20:57 Plymouth Gull my response;

Fallon is cheap for a reason. Nobody wants him.

He is experienced at a higher level. Yes a long time ago. Look at his playing and scoring record since 2011.

At 35 he may have reasons like dreaming he will be capped again by New Zealand but his body will not cope with the National League if his fitness is in serious doubt.

He may be local but so was Ben Gerring.

This is the worst signing in an important position I can remember in a very long time.
Fair play for explaining your thoughts. For what it's worth, I feel the outcry here is an exaggeration. If he is crap and can't cope with competitive football, he'll be gone. Nicholson has seen more in 3/4 weeks of training than we'll have seen in about 100 minutes of matches (if that).

I would personally much rather Fallon be around the place than players like Jamie Chamberlain, who wasn't even a prospect. He was mid-20's and had never played above a level..4? leagues below us? However it wasn't a problem because he may have been a superstar in waiting... :}
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

merse btpir wrote: 26 Jul 2017, 21:24 Yes but Fallon not only looks like Ross Poldark, he can ride a tricycle! :bow:
As in stop me and buy one?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Maybe we will all end up with egg on our faces and Rory will hit the ground running and be a prolific scorer. Hmmm - did anyone else see that pig fly by ?? 35 isn't too old. It depends on his fitness ..... and Mr Fallon doesn't appear to have been keeping to a strict fitness regime. It has been suggested that he could use his experience to help with the coaching of younger players. But he was player-coach at Truro and his contract was cancelled 'by mutual agreement' halfway through the season. I wonder why that was? Perhaps he wasn't cutting it as a coach, either.

Plymouth Gull is right - if he's crap and can't cope with competitive football, he''ll be gone. Nico says he's 'learned lessons' from last season. Well, he's got a similar 'lesson' from last season. Shaun Harrad.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

I cant get over this one, thought it was a joke at first. The only good point is that being on a non contract we can let him go as soon as he shows he cant cut it. Fallon looked immobile and totally unfit against Plymouth. He may be cheap but we will still be paying him a weekly wage. Surely that money could have been used to supplement the wages of a decent young, hungry loan signing!! I don't want to be too negative because we've also made some decent signings but this is surely a mistake.