Rory Fallon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

What about Jermaine Easter released by Bristol Rovers?

He is 35 but scored 12 goals for Rovers in 68 games. Lee Mansell must know him well.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Dazza wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 18:20You have told me on another forum Merse ! I continue to think that although there were contractual confines it was poor business..
Players with good agents do not sign contracts without release clauses in them and trigger values that are realistic in as much as they are not prohibitive to the player bettering himself and his future salary. Once the trigger value has been met there is nothing the employing club can do to retain the player beyond his expressed wish to move.

That is the reality of professional football in this day and age. So it was neither good nor bad business on behalf of the club ~ it was the only business they could do and he could have left for nothing at the end of his contract anyway!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

tomogull wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 17:57 Ah yes - of course. Thanks. I need to stock up on memory pills ! :-D
Rumoured to be costing Brentford £1.8 million. :O
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

This Ollie Watkins couldn't have had much of an agent then. He obviously failed to put in a release clause. !
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

2 seasons of defying the odds and staying up, what have we learnt?

Bring in Fallow Fallon to play alongside Reid, I don't think so!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I signed Rory Fallon for Torquay on Football Manager back in 2005 and he scored an absolute boat load of goals for me...

On this basis I relish the opportunity to see this happen in real life.

If only we could save the game before kick off and replay it if the result doesn't go out way like in the game! 😂
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I thought the same whats Rory Fallon doing here but any manager who was struggling for a striker would have taken the same opportunity to see him in a competitive game.

My view was Rory was not match fit which let him down but he knew where to run which you would expect. If it did not cost us anything and he was committed to show Nicho he would be an asset to the club lets see what he's like after a month when he should be fit.
Players that have a record of goals and then they dry up you have to look at who they were playing with, in addition to their fitness.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

What you mean is that Nicholson has now hit rock bottom in his quest to sign the type of player he wants, and is clutching at straws rather than getting off his arse and go and look at some level six and seven football where there are plenty of upwardly mobile young players rather than a clapped out old mate of a mate who struggled to get more than a dozen games at Truro last season. He did the same with Harrad ~ another of his clapped out old mates ~ who hardly commanded a game after he re-signed him ~ and we all saw where that got him.

What sort of reference is that for God's sake? This is taking the National League in vain and failing to recognise the standards it demands. Further evidence that Nicholson and Herrera don't/won't move outside their comfort zone; and if this mythical beast ~ the big hold up striker ~ can't be procured; bloody well devise a way of playing without one!

Fallon's looking to play World Cup football next year ~ do me a favour; what sort of ruddy standard are New Zealand if that's the case? We've already seen the sort of crap Australia pick at u23 level in Gallifuoco and who wants a player who's going to be fecking off and globe trotting every few weeks for the qualifiers? Nicholson and Herrera are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land with this one!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

whats our head of recruitment doing about this?

seems to be getting an easy ride with Nicho taking 95% of the flak
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

According to the OS Fallon is "training with United" so Nicho appears to have given up on recruiting a good striker which I find very disappointing.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Sounds like a cry for help.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Will he make a difference now? does he have any re-sale value? Will he be a rising financial asset for the club? Those are the questions that we also have to ask. That's why you need someone to think a little bit ahead. We have to sign players that have a resale value.

Underdogs rarely win by doing the same things as everyone else. In two centuries of lopsided military battles, Ivan Arreguin-Toft has found that, when the weak tried to do the same as the strong, they lost four times out of five. But when the weak used an unconventional strategy, they won three times out of five.

"We can't win by outspending the competition so we have to out-think them. And the question that comes from that is how can we be different? How can we do things in a different way? So, what are the inefficiencies in the system in football, and how can we exploit those?"

For David to beat Goliath, he needed to use a different weapon. If David had used the same weapon, he would have lost the battle. You've got to find your weapons. That's what we're about."

"The poor are better at making talent than the rich, because they don't have a choice. Southampton have a great academy, but why did Gareth Bale, Adam Lallana and that generation end up playing regularly? Because Southampton was in administration. They had to play them. And then they get good.

"You never know with a young player. You never know if he's going to make it before you've given him 35 games. But do you have the guts to give him those 35 games? It’s easier if you don't have a choice.

A few quotes that could be applied to this situation re Rory Fallon, taken from a great article regarding a club who were on a level playing field as TUFC less than ten years ago. Will Rory Fallon add quality now? Will he have re-sale value? No to both of those.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/syndicat ... s.amp.html
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

If we are talking in terms of players with a re-sale potential, I'm surprised (and perhaps it shows the limitations of our scouting network) that we haven't looked overseas for our target man.

Taking for example the 3rd or 4th tiers of the French, German, Italian games the players are on a substantially lower wage, largely part time and may relish the opportunity to "go pro" in the shop window of the English game. If we can't entice a player from the lower reaches of non-league to sign for us, then maybe overseas is the right place to look.

Given the relative success of Keating, I'm surprised we've not had more players come over from Ireland. Another place where wages are supposedly low, you'd have thought RK might have told any of his mates looking for a club to give KN a call perhaps.

As for Fallon, if we are that desperate for a big front man I feel there are lots of avenues that we've not yet exhausted before we need to stoop that low
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FFS are they joking??? :@
he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a f**king boat!!!
dave (southamptongull) might as well get his gloves out of retirement, and i'll start training again and be cover as RB......
ill give my mate Geoff Horsfield a bell and see if fancies a season by the seaside.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 17:20 FFS are they joking??? :@
he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a f**king boat!!!
dave (southamptongull) might as well get his gloves out of retirement, and i'll start training again and be cover as RB......
ill give my mate Geoff Horsfield a bell and see if fancies a season by the seaside.....
I think I'd prefer Horsfield to Fallon tbf.

Can't beat a bit of extra horsepower