Plymouth PSF Tonight

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Sounds like an improvement from the disappointing loss against Tiverton. It surprises me that TUFC are fielding such a weak bench at this time of the season, however.

Barrow held Crewe Alexandera to a 0-0 stalemate at Holker Street tonight. Another promising performance.

Ray
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 02:19 Sounds like an improvement from the disappointing loss against Tiverton. It surprises me that TUFC are fielding such a weak bench at this time of the season, however.

Barrow held Crewe Alexandera to a 0-0 stalemate at Holker Street tonight. Another promising performance.

Ray
You just can't help yourself can you. :red:
Lucy
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

forevertufc wrote: 18 Jul 2017, 22:09 Went along to the game tonight, and pretty much agree with what's said above. Whilst it was a PSF, and you can't take to much from a bad defeat at Tiverton, you can't get to carried away with a positive performance either.

First half thought TUFC were the better side pleasing to see an attempt to pass the ball around, rather than countless, aimless hoofball hit rather in hope, and with both Reid and Gray hitting the Plymouth woodwork the were unlucky not to get a better result from the game.

Great to see Young looking like his old self again, displaying full range of accurate passing through out, Lathrope, he actually looked fit, seems have used his summer break well, Gray looks a really good signing, Gosling looks like he's going to add something to the squad. Higgins going to be fair and reserve judgement, had some bright moments, but two poor challenges in the box, both could have been given as penalties, one was, thankfully a poor spot kick easily saved.

More positives than negatives, off the back of this, no reason why we can't be looking forward to a brighter season, but, of course time will tell.

Edit; Forgot to add, Fallon, please no, just way past his sell by date, in my humble opinion.
:goodpost:

Only thing I disagree with is Lathorpe. he a passenger. Its as though the other players don't trust him to keep the ball so don't bother passing to him, the woodwork touched the ball more than he did, which means Youngs left doing the job of 2 in midfield. We lost a little bit when Keating and Gray went off, they were working hard occupying the defenders which gave Gosling and even Reid lots of space to play in (If only Reids final ball was any good!!).

Agree with previous post that it was good to see them try and play football instead of hoof and run being Plan A. Still need at least 3/4 new players for the squad though, and what's the point of employing a fitness "Guru" if the players take their own warm up? should that not ne his speciality?

Fallon is crap, if that's how good you need to be to get a trial, ill take my boots and pads to Weymouth on Saturday!
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Are we sure Fallon was a trialist? Maybe he was on the bench "for old times' sake", against his former club (who wouldn't have been seen dead with him on THEIR bench). :lol:

Whose bench will he be on vs Truro, I wonder.
TUST member 200 ;-)
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

However, not all is bleak ladies and gents. You'll certainly get points off Gateshead when you play them. I was at the Whitby Town vs Gateshead pre-season last night (1-1) and I can assure you that there'll be nothing to fear from the 'heed'.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I thought we gave a good account of ourselves considering the squad we had available and the positions and system that was undertaken. Argyle understandably have a good squad of players. Carey is clearly a class above and you can see why Argyle have had success last season.
There were some solid performances and I have to disagree with the flack that Lathrope is getting. He finally looks fit and I thought he did well with Young.
For most of the game we tried to play a passing game with some success, later in the second half we decided to go more direct and that didn't really work.
Fallon, definitely not, agree with everybody else.
If the lad Ainsworth played from the beginning Chaney would have been in all sorts of trouble.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

wivelgull wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 10:39 However, not all is bleak ladies and gents. [highlight=yellow]YOU[/highlight]'ll certainly get points off Gateshead when [highlight=yellow]YOU[/highlight] play them. I was at the Whitby Town vs Gateshead pre-season last night (1-1) and I can assure you that there'll be nothing to fear from the 'heed'.
A post from you, Wivs, starting "not all is bleak" is both rare and intriguing. Reading on, I notice that your allegiance seems to be slipping even further than it was last year.

Isn't about time to change your moniker? I understand Whitby Town's nickname is the Blues, so "Wivelblue"?
TUST member 200 ;-)
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Didnt make the game but sounds like we did ok. Will be more interested how we perform against Weymouth
though, same league as Tiverton, we should not be being dominated by these sort of teams. Re -reading
Garry Nelsons Left Foot in the Grave at the moment, interesting how he and Kevin Hodges were not happy after
a pre season 6-1 win at Truro. Ok so the gulf was bigger then but you get the point. We really need to be playing
our expected line up and system for these last 3 games but why are we picking up so many injuries ? Reid, Clarke,
Gowling , Pitman, Anderson, Davis to name a few. It makes you wonder
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I stand corrected, Mr. torq2u. I should have said 'we', not 'you'. But after 51 years at Plainmoor, I can't lose my allegiance. I will try to get to the Victoria Ground (Hartlepool) this season.
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

By the cringe...

http://www.devonlive.com/could-rory-fal ... story.html

#ice cream man

Chris
Chris
TUST member 479
LankyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by LankyGull »

oldcommsboy wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 15:38 By the cringe...

http://www.devonlive.com/could-rory-fal ... story.html

#ice cream man

Chris
The simple answer to that headline is no! Stick to the ice cream Mr Whippy!
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

'Could Rory Fallon be the answer to Torquay United's targetman question?'

No.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 11:29 nobody forces you to read them?... this is a forum that respects freedom of speech and alternative opinions. Yes it is true with regard to KN, however I stick by my point that we did not 'match' them, they were far better in the middle of the pitch and that is just a start.

I might also add I have been to every pre-season game and will be going to most of the home and away games, I will always support TUFC as a fan, I don't have to rate the manager. Get over it!! :scarf:
Your missing the point, but I didn't expect any different. We shouldn't be matching a league 1 club, just like a league 1 club shouldn't be matching a premiership team. By the sounds of it we where desperately unlucky to lose this game. Anyone can state they attend a match home and away. I just think your full of pig shit. But that's my freedom of speech. See you at barrow away
Lucy