James Gray signs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

James Gray signs

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

LankyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by LankyGull »

Happy with this, every game he's played he's scored irregardless of the opposition. Also gives Keating and JP a bit of competition, something we lacked at times last year
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Pleased. Another one, that has to get this right otherwise good bye football. Similar to mcginty when he arrived.
Lucy
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

splashed out £2 at 66/1, this is our year!!
still keeping the faith
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Gray is 5 10. Not seemingly the natural target man we have said we are/ were seeking. Can't imagine he was in a good position either to demand a big wage. Good luck to the lad but the question has to be is he to play with or he is he instead of the target man.?
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Obviously we desperately need another striker, but I would have thought KN would have waited until he saw him tomorrow night against stronger opposition. Were other clubs sniffing round?
timmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by timmax »

For me its an ok ish signing based on solely what he has achieved so far and what I have read up on him. That is all that fans can base new signings on, isn't it? Is he going to be the 15-20 goalscorer I was hoping for, well again based on previous then well probably no. We had one of those and KN let him walk away. So welcome aboard James and I hope you make me look a fool come May or sooner. Bixie, you must be bonkers.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Dazza wrote: 17 Jul 2017, 21:40Gray is 5 10. Not seemingly the natural target man we have said we are/ were seeking.
A 'target man' only needs to be over 5' 10" if you play the ball in the air........they used to do that with 6' 4" Blissett but the problem was his strength was in balls to feet but nobody had the feckin' brains to see that.

This is 2017; the game has moved on from lumping it to a big man!
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

I don't believe we necessarily need a 'target' man because as has been stated the modern game has moved on and I know we are nowhere near premiership standard but nearly all premiership teams don't have a target man. If we can play down the channels I think we have players who could benefit. Speed a definite bonus!