2017/2018 predictions

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Good idea, CP Gull. If I were to rank the National League into three bands, it would be as follows:

Top third: Aldershot Town, Barrow, Dagenham & Redbridge, Eastleigh, Hartlepool United, Leyton Orient, Tranmere Rovers, Wrexham

Mid third: Boreham Wood, Chester, Ebbsfleet United, Gateshead, Macclesfield Town, Maidstone United, Sutton United, Woking

Bottom third: AFC Fylde, Bromley, Dover Athletic, Guiseley, FC Halifax Town, Maidenhead United, Solihull Moors, Torquay United

Ray
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

It's fairly quiet on here at present (great news that Jordan Lee is returning to Plainmoor) and as it's less that a fortnight to go before the first match of the season - yeah ! - here are my mythical predictions for the new season. I know not eveyone likes predictions ...... but I bet everyone reads the posts and has their own ideas !

Last season, predictions were fairly straightforward. Lincoln, Tranmere, FGR & Dagenham & Redbridge were amongst most people's favourites for the top places and Southport, North Ferriby and perhaps Braintree were seen as relegation fodder. I don't think many thought York would collapse so spectacularly, except maybe YorkieAndy. I thought FGR would falter after two play-off failures, but Forever called it right and they are now in the league of course. However, I recall Forever thinking Chester would do better than the lowly place I had correctly forecast.

It is not so cut and dried this season i don't think. Tranmere and the Daggers will probably be most people's favourites for promotion and some seem to think Hartlepool will do well. I'm not so sure - they seem to be in the sort of mess that we're in. At the other end, I don't think there are any obvious 'fall guys' although Guiseley's luck will run out at some time. Of the promoted teams, they all look quite strong expect for poor ol' AFC Halifax who could struggle. Anyway, here are my fantasy predictions. Just to be different, I have divided the league into quarters (no particular order for each quarter) -
Top Quarter - TRANMERE, DAGENHAM, ALDERSHOT, LEYTON ORIENT (they seem to have brought in some useful signings), BARROW and EASTLEIGH
Second Quarter (above halfway) - WREXHAM, SUTTON, AFC FYLDE, HARTLEPOOL, MACCLESFIELD, EBBSFLEET
Third Quarter (below halfway) - GATESHEAD, MAIDSTONE, BROMLEY, TORQUAY, DOVER, MAIDENHEAD
Bottom Quarter - WOKING, CHESTER, BOREHAM WOOD, FC HALIFAX, GUISELEY, SOLIHULL MOORS

I have a feeling that I could be very wrong about Boreham Wood - they are a bit of an unknown quantity. Time will tell ! I am not expecting miracles from TUFC but KN has assembled a squad that should move us up the league towards halfway.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Torquay favourites to go down with Paddy Power, bit tough but not far off again I reckon
TUST MEMBER
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

I feel the bookies are playing it safe. I just cannot see this team scraping a relegation battle. Mid table is my prediction, top end as well. But the bookies are never wrong are they......
Lucy