2017/2018 predictions

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

gullpower wrote: 16 Jul 2017, 09:54 Ray, are you aware that amongst a section of Gulls fans the Barrow manager is considered to be a Judas? And before some people cry "He wasn't being paid", he knew what he was taking on, he spent the budget on a load of crap players and then ****** off. So... JUDAS!
Stupidity!

Paul Cox is a professional and earns his money from the game. He took the job on the terms that he did to put himself in the driving seat for when the club could afford to pay their manager. When he discovered that the director of football was being paid what he was, he terminated that agreement more than likely feeling that the DoF was being less than upfront and straight with him.

He came on board with less than a full pre-season available to him and procured the best available on the money that was provided.

To describe him in the manner that you do is both libellous and scandalous; take a look at yourself and ask yourself the question 'do I know a professional manager from a fan?'

I don't think you do!
LankyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by LankyGull »

smw1989 wrote: 16 Jul 2017, 07:41 Barrow will get relegated after Cox leaves in January... Ray will suffer a heart attack around November therefore spending more time at home and more time on this forum... we will all devise a plan to get him kicked off, admin will finally ban him and in February after the news of Cox's departure coupled with the news that Ray himself has been banned from all EFL clubs forums along with the National league he will most likely commit suicide, to which nobody will turn up to his funeral...

With regards to Torquay...

10th Place Finish
FA Trophy Semi Final
FA Cup 1st Round
Top Scorer - James Gray
Player Of The Season - Gosling
Young Player Of The Season - Mcginty
Don't get me wrong, I find his Barrow posts annoying but to say those kind of things, whether you're joking or not is completely uncalled for.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

League Position: 19th
FA CUP: 4th Qualifying Round
FA TROPHY: 3rd Round
DEVON COMP: Semi-Final
TOP SCORERS: Shared between 8 players with 2 goals each
MANAGER: Different at end of season than at start of season.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

League position: 11th
Cup run: 1st round
FA trophy: 3rd round
Top scorer: Ruairi Keating
Player of the season: Luke Young
Young player of the season: Ruairi Keating
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Good post LankyGull,that sort of offensive language is not what you want to read.
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

LankyGull wrote: 16 Jul 2017, 11:11 Don't get me wrong, I find his Barrow posts annoying but to say those kind of things, whether you're joking or not is completely uncalled for.
Agreed. Unnecessary to say the least.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Agree that that type of posting is totally uncalled for.
LankyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LankyGull »

Anyway, back to the point of the thread!

League: 12th
FA cup: 2nd round with hopefully a big money home tie
FA trophy: quarter final
Player of the season: Young, who else??
Young player of the season: Keating
Top scorer: JP Pitman
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Thank you for the messages of support. That was a vile passage to read. We have had trouble with malicious e-mails over on barrowafc.net ever since John Little resigned from his post as moderator. I hoped this blog would have had slightly tougher rules with regards to death wishes on other members.

It's Sunday today, so please take a few minutes to re read your bible, Gullpower. There is no comparison between Paul Cox and Judas.

Ray
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

I have removed part of that original email. Ray please keep to TUFC related comments when replying to topics as you are starting to wind our blog readers up. Thank you.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

People going on about how Paul Cox is a Judas lets look at the facts. He wasn't getting paid. For a professional who is living away from his family working 5 days a week. I don't blame him for leaving I had near nothing to work with yet he signed James Hurst who we sold for 10,000 and Tyrone Marsh both who which scored a combined 15 goals in six months. If you want to discuss this then please don't do it on here. This page is about predictions for the season
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

To add to Merse's and Rossi's posts, my understanding was that Paul Cox had been promised a contract at the end of September (?) and after being stalled well into October, he gave a deadline which was not met, hence his understandable decision to leave. I have the utmost respect for him and wish him and Barrow well. By the way, I see that Tyrone Marsh, released by Dover, has signed for Macclesfield. Okay Rossi - now I'll get back on predictions !

lower mid-table - about 15th
F.A. Cup & F.A. Trophy - we may have good runs in both as long as we don't come up against Bognor Regis ... or Basingstoke.
Player of the Season - Jake Gosling
Top Scorer - the striker that Nico hasn't signed yet !
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

gullpower wrote: 16 Jul 2017, 09:54 Ray, are you aware that amongst a section of Gulls fans the Barrow manager is considered to be a Judas? And before some people cry "He wasn't being paid", he knew what he was taking on, he spent the budget on a load of crap players and then ****** off. So... JUDAS!
Say what? Who on earth said that then or now? If you look back at this forum at the time when he resigned you'll see that most people were strongly on his side once the truth started to come out. His sacking was the first real sign of the craziness that was about to erupt under the Phillips regime and most of us were very sympathetic to a guy who always came across as committed, respectful of the club and open to the fans.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I have the same feeling as you at the moment Tommo but I hope I am wrong and we can get in the play offs.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by CP Gull »

My 2017/18 predictions ....

I do believe we have a stronger squad than last season ... but sadly not strong enough in certain areas to really compete for a play off spot. I do however think we will be good enough to avoid another #greatescape3

I actually think we might even enjoy one of those rare events in recent TUFC history .... mid table obscurity! I'm predicting a 10th - 14th place finish ... not great,but an improvement on the last couple of seasons at least!

I would say however that I genuinely think that this league is getting stronger and stronger as each season goes by and for what it's worth here are my predictions ..

Top 8 : Tranmere, Dagenham, Wrexham, Aldershot, Hartlepool, Leyton Orient, Barrow, Sutton United

Middle 8 : Gateshead, Eastleigh, AFC Fylde, Ebbsfleet, Torquay, Maidstone, Bromley, Boreham Wood

Bottom 8 : Macclesfield, Chester, Dover, Woking, FC Halifax, Maidenhead, Guiseley, Solihull