Giancarlo Gallifuoco: Dover Athletic sign former Torquay United defender

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tufc83
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Giancarlo Gallifuoco: Dover Athletic sign former Torquay United defender

Post by Tufc83 »

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Not good enough for us and neither will he be for them ~ unless their squad has been severely diminished in standard this season.

........good luck to him anyway.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

He improved as the season progressed and could play in three positions which would be very useful for such a small squad such as ours.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Richinns wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 16:18 He improved as the season progressed and could play in three positions which would be very useful for such a small squad such as ours.
He played very well when asked to play at right back towards the end of the season. I'm sorry he's not with us next season because I think he would have continued improving during a second season. As Merse says - good luck to him ar Dover. It's strange how several of our former players end up at Dover ..... but don't seem to stay there long !!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Thank goodness for that. it got too confusing with two GG's around here !
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Tufc83
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Tufc83 »

tomogull wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 17:27 He played very well when asked to play at right back towards the end of the season. I'm sorry he's not with us next season because I think he would have continued improving during a second season. As Merse says - good luck to him ar Dover. It's strange how several of our former players end up at Dover ..... but don't seem to stay there long !!
Its Like Torbay but dull, miserable and not an Englishman in sight.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Like the rest, wish him all the best, and whilst he may have improved a bit towards the end of the season, but then so did LRT, not good enough for this level if you want to be competitive, nothing more than an average NLP squad player.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Tufc83 wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 18:31 Its Like Torbay but dull, miserable and not an Englishman in sight.
So not a very good comparison then
Lucy
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Gallifuoco's was no more than a panic signing. He agreed to come to Torquay on the same day that Paraguay defender Ronald Huth turned down our contract offer.
merse btpir wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 13:53 Not good enough for us and neither will he be for them ~ unless their squad has been severely diminished in standard this season.
I'm with Merse on this one. I fear Dover will not be the same force as last season as most of their successful squad have moved onto other clubs with more lucrative packages and I don't think footballers of Gallifuoco's level will fill that void.

Dover are easily one of the smallest clubs in the upper echelons of non-league top tier and are still a part time club with many of their squad having other careers, hence their three/four night time training session per week. Their saving grace is they have a good manager in Chris Kinnear.

Good luck to him anyway, at least he always tried his hardest when he played for us and I'm sure he will get a warm reception when he visits Plainmoor.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

forevertufc wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 20:18 Like the rest, wish him all the best, and whilst he may have improved a bit towards the end of the season, but then so did LRT, not good enough for this level if you want to be competitive, nothing more than an average NLP squad player.
Agreed.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

It's looking like a long season ahead for Dover Athletic fans, including Marvyn who I met last season.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 13 Jul 2017, 00:40 It's looking like a long season ahead for Dover Athletic fans, including Marvyn who I met last season.
Same length as any other National League team :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 13 Jul 2017, 01:22 Same length as any other National League team :)
In fact its a longer season for the more successful (play off teams)!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!