What would you like to change at TUFC?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

What would you like to change at TUFC?

Post by Parkys People »

I saw this question asked on Facebook & thought it worth posing the question here.

If you could give constructive criticism regarding TUFC.

What could the club do better? What is it that you'd like the club to do differently or to a higher standard or implement?
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

I'd like them to run football specials (minibuses or single deckers or double-deckers) from Brixham to Plainmoor, Newton Abbot to Plainmoor, and maybe Teignmouth to Plainmoor. The buses would arrive 30 minutes before kick-off and leave 15 minutes after the final whistle.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

A very contentious thread (blog/e-mail for Ray). We as Torquay United fans just want an owner of the club that bleeds yellow. GI have TBH so far showed promising things for this season. But like most what is their long term ( 5 year plan). Bottom line: Surely a development company doesn't want a project long term
Lucy
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

gullpower wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 21:05 and leave 15 minutes after the final whistle.
It's desperately slow progress for some sections trying to leave from farther down Bristow's Bench. Half your passengers would still be trapped on the wrong side of the retractable tunnel when the bus was leaving :)
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Alpine Joe wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 21:29 It's desperately slow progress for some sections trying to leave from farther down Bristow's Bench. Half your passengers would still be trapped on the wrong side of the retractable tunnel when the bus was leaving :)
Given the last few seasons I'd say it would be ok given the crowd started leaving well before the final whistle!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

It's a good point regarding the transport. Even if it was a bus that went back and forth from the train station as a bid to get people to a) not take their car and annoy the residents by parking outside their houses b) have a drink in the TUFC bar and not worry about drink driving and bring in more revenue and c) make it easier and cheaper for away fans to find the ground. Okay the taxi drivers may not like this suggestion.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Alpine Joe wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 21:29 It's desperately slow progress for some sections trying to leave from farther down Bristow's Bench. Half your passengers would still be trapped on the wrong side of the retractable tunnel when the bus was leaving :)
Good point, I hadn't realised that. 30 mins after?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

I would like to see the Club experiment for 6 months with this idea.

Open a mobile ticket booth in the town centre of Torquay, Paignton, Brixham and Newton Abbott on a Friday before a Home game from 9am to 5pm manned by volunteers and see if such a scheme produced rising ticket sales resulting in bigger gates and more interest in the Club.

I make this suggestion because our Sales and Marketing of our Club is almost non existent.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

portugull wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 21:50 I make this suggestion because our Sales and Marketing of our Club is almost non existent.

It is and the club should be more pro-active particularly in the early season period when there are tourists in the town..........

Those old enough will remember the fantastic success of the lottery ticket booths that were dotted around the bay in the nineteen seventies and early eighties. Taking your product to the tourist and tempting them works for tour buses, coastal sight seeing boats and other events. It's a no brainer to try something along the lines that those are promoted through ~ try something, because without that the revenue streams will remain stagnant and insufficient.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Thank you merse your point about the lottery ticket booths is well made.

I understand that clubs in the North of England use booths to achieve ticket sales because it works!

Perhaps the General Manager Mr. Harrop should consider going on a Training Course to learn what Sales and Marketing is all about.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

It just doesn't make sense not to have ticket outlets in the busiest parts of town when your ground is stuck away in the back streets.......would the Princess Theatre decline to sell it's tickets on the sea front in favour of setting up a sole outlet in Plainmoor? No, of course it wouldn't. It's not rocket science is it?

But to be honest, in this day and age the club also needs to instigate it's own on-line purchase and print your own ticketing system. It's been in use in Germany for years and is even in use at Isthmian League Dulwich Hamlet when they have matches that require pre-match ticketing.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

I like the bus idea and I believe if passengers were able to make a voluntary contribution for the fare I expect it could almost cover its cost that way, with everything else being a bonus.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

portugull wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 21:50 I would like to see the Club experiment for 6 months with this idea.

Open a mobile ticket booth in the town centre of Torquay, Paignton, Brixham and Newton Abbott on a Friday before a Home game from 9am to 5pm manned by volunteers and see if such a scheme produced rising ticket sales resulting in bigger gates and more interest in the Club.

I make this suggestion because our Sales and Marketing of our Club is almost non existent.
That's not a bad idea, it would help raise the profile of the club in the town. I swear I once brought tickets for a game in Sainsbury (might have been the red star Belgrade game).
Didn't we once try selling merchandise in the town from a kiosk? I certainly remember Plymouth argyle doing it at the bottom of market street one Christmas.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

portugull wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 22:48
Perhaps the General Manager Mr. Harrop should consider going on a Training Course to learn what Sales and Marketing is all about.
Doesn't the club already employ a commercial director? Maybe that person should be the one on a training course.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

merse btpir wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 22:59 It just doesn't make sense not to have ticket outlets in the busiest parts of town when your ground is stuck away in the back streets.......would the Princess Theatre decline to sell it's tickets on the sea front in favour of setting up a sole outlet in Plainmoor? No, of course it wouldn't. It's not rocket science is it?
You could fairly easily combine the two suggestions so far on this thread and have a booth in town where you buy a ticket for the game that also includes the minibus up to Plainmoor and back. Get people up there. It'd be a different than wandering around Fleet Walk or going to the beach, and could be a welcome change for tourists.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.