What would you like to change at TUFC?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Strange how this thread started very positive. Now its gone back to the ability of the manager.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

The matchday bus idea is notable. We at Barrow have suggested something similar. Due to our geographical isolation, the club's catchment area stretches up to 50 miles away. A Holker St special service would be received very well in my opinion.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

S4fedr1ve wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 18:17 Strange how this thread started very positive. Now its gone back to the ability of the manager.
Yes - this thread and the Triallists and In the Right Direction threads have all descended into negativity about Kevin Nicholson by the usual suspects ....... and the season hasn't even started ! Really makes you proud to be a Torquay United supporter.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

tomogull wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 23:32 Yes - this thread and the Triallists and In the Right Direction threads have all descended into negativity about Kevin Nicholson by the usual suspects ....... and the season hasn't even started ! Really makes you proud to be a Torquay United supporter.
It happens every year. The 'oldies' of the forum have gotten used to it.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Nothing to do with anybodys views we are all entitled to that. But why post your anti nico views on a positive thread.why not just start a nico out thread if that is how you feel.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

S4fedr1ve wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 07:56 Nothing to do with anybodys views we are all entitled to that. But why post your anti nico views on a positive thread.why not just start a nico out thread if that is how you feel.
As a thread develops it is bound to change in mood. This is not a positive thread anyway, it is titled "what would you like to change.." which implies that the original poster feels that not everything is hunky-dory at plainmoor.
Nicholson and a few others have been shielded by rose tinted happy clappers for too long.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 09:28 As a thread develops it is bound to change in mood. This is not a positive thread anyway, it is titled "what would you like to change.." which implies that the original poster feels that not everything is hunky-dory at plainmoor.
Nicholson and a few others have been shielded by rose tinted happy clappers for too long.
This is a forum and as such no-one can expect not to read opinions that differ and as has so rightly been pointed out; this thread is titled 'What would you like to change at TUFC?' ~ can that not include the management then?
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 07:19 if your opinion does not sit right with the 'oldies' as you put it, or with the forum admin then expect to be darned.

If it wasn't for alternate opinion this forum like many would be void.

Never been a KN fan, for many reasons.

I wish the team well for the season, I will be travelling up and down the country to support them. :keepie:

Alternative opinions are a great thing, like you said, it's what keeps this forum alive. It's the tragic negativity BEFORE a season has even started that becomes all too familiar and rubs people the wrong way.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 23:54 My posts are a mix between the two so suggest you target someone else
Why do you think you are being targeted. People are merely posting an opposing view to your own. You seem to think you are being victimised by the mods yet it's simply because you are one of a very small minority that want KN to go before the season has even started properly.
Somebody with such a viewpoint should expect to get challenged.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 13 Jul 2017, 09:52 Totally acceptable to be challenged, if anything surely that is the purpose of a forum that promotes freedom of speech?

You must agree though that even many of the posts relating to the game against Bristol City are talking about KN and his signings like we have won the league already? How on earth can you judge a signing against a VERY young Bristol City in a game that was half pace at best? One game and apparently they are all superb?!?!?!

I am a realist rather than a pessimist.
On the flip side, how can you judge KN THIS season when it hasn't even started yet??

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tq1_18
Trialist
Trialist

Post by tq1_18 »

Hi chaps, long time reader, first time poster here. Be gentle with me! This isn't so much a thing I'd like to see change... more of a suggestion. I saw Dundee put this event on – inviting 100 school kids to play against them for their first pre-season friendly. A brilliant annual event that gets the next generation involved. I think it's something Torquay could mirror quite easily! See link below...

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/2 ... video.html
tq1_18
Trialist
Trialist

Post by tq1_18 »

Would be relatively easy to organise, doesn't have to be exactly 100 kids. Just an open invite and take on all of them that turn up! Whether that's 70, 100 or 150. Pop up store on the pitch selling merchandise. Players stick around for photos and sign autographs afterwards. Damn, I've missed the survey!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I think this would be an excellent idea. Certainly given the demographic of our supporter base, if the response to the fans survey is anything to go by, we desperately need to get young kids, both boys and girls, involved.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I would like the emphasis on the need for a new stadium to change. I have noticed that even anti-GI posters have said plainmoor should not be sold until a new stadium is built; but why get rid of plainmoor at all?
I recognise the need for new revenue streams, but why can't the club build a new training/leisure facility incorporating 3G pitches that can hired out away from plainmoor, say at the willows, and retain plainmoor as the team's home ground?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 14 Jul 2017, 18:42 I would like the emphasis on the need for a new stadium to change. I have noticed that even anti-GI posters have said plainmoor should not be sold until a new stadium is built; but why get rid of plainmoor at all?
I recognise the need for new revenue streams, but why can't the club build a new training/leisure facility incorporating 3G pitches that can hired out away from plainmoor, say at the willows, and retain plainmoor as the team's home ground?
That is not how property developers operate sadly. Good idea though
Lucy