What would you like to change at TUFC?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Very good ideas on this thread so far. I'm sure we could all come up with a lengthy Wish List of things we would like to see change. I would like to see the re-introduction of the schoolkids matches at half time. It brings youngsters to Plainmoor, plus parents and grandparents ...... and quite often the games were more entertaining than the actual games ! I think they were introduced by Frank Prince, a great ambassador for the club and sorely missed.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

tomogull wrote: 06 Jul 2017, 20:28 Very good ideas on this thread so far. I'm sure we could all come up with a lengthy Wish List of things we would like to see change. I would like to see the re-introduction of the schoolkids matches at half time. It brings youngsters to Plainmoor, plus parents and grandparents ...... and quite often the games were more entertaining than the actual games ! I think they were introduced by Frank Prince, a great ambassador for the club and sorely missed.
This is a great idea.

I sent a question to Geoff Harrap's video interview about getting younger fans in to increase the average age of the fan base. Apart from chuntering on about how important this is he didn't come up with any practical suggestion and doesn't seem to have since.

Let's hope that he reads this thread.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Geoff Harrop is a fat waste of space.

Now he'll read it ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

tomogull wrote: 06 Jul 2017, 20:28

I sent a question to Geoff Harrap's video interview about getting younger fans in to increase the average age of the fan base.
If you get younger supporters in, you decrease the age of the supporter base. Which is what we need.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

It's not a change - but I would like to see some Disabled Parking Spaces available near the ground!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Tired Old Gull wrote: 07 Jul 2017, 16:28 It's not a change - but I would like to see some Disabled Parking Spaces available near the ground!
That's surely down to the council, not the club.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 07 Jul 2017, 15:25 If you get younger supporters in, you decrease the age of the supporter base. Which is what we need.
Yes, sorry, I've just realised my mistake. Will attempt to edit.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

There is no denying the previous two board's love of the TUFC, but I want someone to turn our club into a professionally run outfit that makes people want to come to Plainmoor.

At the moment, we are just expected to turn up and be spoon fed the same crap week in week out and our supporter base is dwindling because of it.

We need business people with proper commercial acumen to engage fans and move the club forwards. If you scrimp and save continually and offer up no innovation, you pretty much get what we have now. A stale shell of a football club.

I am all for a new stadium with the facilities and infrastructure to take us into the next 50 years, but we are not even utilising what we have already.

Thankfully in this respect it appears the current board are starting to do this. We are just understandably concerned about being done over in the process.

This season, I want moderate success on and off the field. Mid table rather than bumping around the relegation zone. New initiatives off the field to engage fans. A positive vibe around the club.

How do we do it? Don't ask me, I'm not in marketing.... :)
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

SteveDeckchair wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 08:35 There is no denying the previous two board's love of the TUFC, but I want someone to turn our club into a professionally run outfit that makes people want to come to Plainmoor.

We need business people with proper commercial acumen to engage fans and move the club forwards.This season, I want moderate success on and off the field. Mid table rather than bumping around the relegation zone. New initiatives off the field to engage fans. A positive vibe around the club.
Really pertinent and relevant points. The under-use of Plainmoor has been criminal and contributed hugely to the deficit in revenue so necessary to efficiently run a professional football club. To neglect such an asset as Plainmoor and the Seale Hayne Training ground in favour of a blue sky project bereft of even a designated site, even rudimentary planning put forward and a time scale of nothing less than a decade at best is criminal...........and that's without pointing out that the current owners have never managed to build any projected new stadium in their thirty year plus history!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Going back to my previous post about ticket booths in the towns in the Bay, plus the Willows which attracts a lot of shoppers, I note that Sharon Cox is our Commercial Manager. Does anyone know if her Job Description includes Sales and Marketing?

If not then it should be added and made her number one priority.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Only the club can answer that and hopefully he will be put up as a candidate for a TUTV interview before long then you can ask her yourself.

She has been described to me as someone who is virtually incapable of handling public speaking; so really she appears to be entirely the wrong sort of person to be in this role.

There are many things to be put right and made more professional at the club and this is a very important aspect in my opinion, because until they are then the club is incapable of helping itself to grow until it can be self-sustaining.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Really like the bus idea. Could always coincide with the local bus routes with a 'TUFC discounted rate' for supporters wanting to go to Plainmoor. Supporters could buy a 'TUFC Pass' at the club shop at a cheap bus rate valid for one season. All of this would be need to be negotiated with the council, of course...
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 22:28 Really like the bus idea. Could always coincide with the local bus routes with a 'TUFC discounted rate' for supporters wanting to go to Plainmoor. Supporters could buy a 'TUFC Pass' at the club shop at a cheap bus rate valid for one season. All of this would be need to be negotiated with the council, of course...
I think the most important thing is that it's a direct service to the ground. At the moment fans from Paignton and Brixham have to walk to and from town.

One poster seemed to suggest that I meant the service to be free but I think it would be reasonable to pay the going rate. For the club/bus company to know what the take up would be bus tickets could be booked and maybe paid for online. If the idea was successful enough a double decker could be painted in club colours.

Just like the idea of ticket booths in town and at the Willows, the buses could raise the profile of the club in the town.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

gullpower wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 17:17 I think the most important thing is that it's a direct service to the ground. At the moment fans from Paignton and Brixham have to walk to and from town.

One poster seemed to suggest that I meant the service to be free but I think it would be reasonable to pay the going rate. For the club/bus company to know what the take up would be bus tickets could be booked and maybe paid for online. If the idea was successful enough a double decker could be painted in club colours.

Just like the idea of ticket booths in town and at the Willows, the buses could raise the profile of the club in the town.
They have club-branded buses in Plymouth and it seems to do them favours!
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Just get TUST to run a couple of minibuses first. And if the service is hugely popular THEN think about bigger things....such as a doubledecker in club colours.