National League Fixture release 2017/18

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Happy with the fixtures from what I can see - plenty of midweek night games in and around London before Xmas
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

September 16th Barrow vs Torquay.
February 3rd Torquay vs Barrow.

Hope to see some of you in September if I can get to the match.

Ray
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

CP Gull wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 13:34 On a positive note, you would hope we attract a decent crowd (Tranmere will bring plenty I'm sure!) ...could we even get another 4000+ gate for this one? My other thought is that might the game be considered for BT coverage?
Ah forget that, I see Sutton Utd v Leyton Orient has already been chosen for BT coverage. It was always likely to be whoever Orient were playing I guess!
Last edited by CP Gull on 05 Jul 2017, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

September 16th Barrow vs Torquay.
February 3rd Torquay vs Barrow.

Hope to see some of you in September if I can get to the match.

Ray
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Maybe as good a time as any to play Tranmere, play off hangover ? and if we lose at least we have got
that one out of the way, I would take a draw though
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

CP Gull wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 13:34 Ouch! You would struggle to pick a much harder start than our opening 3 games!!! Last years play off final losers and quite rightly favourites for promotion - Tranmere, at home ... followed by an equally tough looking first away game at Play Off semi finalists Aldershot and then that long trip to Gateshead!

First impressions are that Nicho needs to add those finishing touches to the squad (striker and a winger) ASAP so that we are as strong as we can be for that first week in August!

On a positive note, you would hope we attract a decent crowd (Tranmere will bring plenty I'm sure!) ...could we even get another 4000+ gate for this one? My other thought is that might the game be considered for BT coverage?
Nope! BT have chosen to air Sutton V Orient first game of the season
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

happy with the fixtures - particularly as im not missing any I can attend whilst away on my hols! :)

and guiseley away nice and early in the season - hope we can win this time eh Bixie! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Wraysburygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Welsh

Post by Wraysburygull »

So my last game was Aldershot away and my next game will be Aldershot away . Must be a first!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Tranmere will surely bring between 500 and 1000 away fans, being the Opening Day and a weekender in Torquay. Agree that 4000 could well be on, and despite being a tough game it might be a slight leveller that neither side will be fully up to speed.

Christmas games are as good as we were going to get, so can't complain there.

For me personally I will definitely be at Barrow in September, and Hartlepool could be fun right at the end of the season. Will try to come home for a week in October time too, probably one of the weeks that we have a midweek game.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

3 tough games to open the new season. Probably the best time to get them out of the way. It's not decided after 3 games. Didn't guiesley lose there first 9 games last season but still stayed up. This season shouldn't be about relegation. Our 6 game run in has us at home for 4 of them. Whatever the fixtures released today provided, in the grand scheme of things we play every one home and away, it's a marathon not a sprint.
Lucy
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I'll be back in the UK for Aldershot away, first away game of the season. Love that away day...such an atmosphere with the drum, looking forward to getting back to it for a month!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.