National League Fixture release 2017/18

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Glostergull wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 18:31 Apart from Chester I cant imagine anyone going to any away fixture for the culture.
Try Ebbsfleet and the nearby resting place of Pocahontas who was brought ashore at Gravesend,either dead or dying. She is thought to have been buried in the vault beneath the chancel of the local parish church....St George's.

Princess Pocahontas was a native American who, in the year 1607, intervened to save the life of pioneer Captain John Smith. She became the first of her nation to convert to Christianity. Later, she married an Englishman, John Rolfe, and left her home in Virginia to travel to England.
In 1617, aged just 21, Pocahontas died on a ship anchored off Gravesend. It is popular belief that her remains are buried somewhere in the vicinity of St George’s Church.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

If you're going to Hartlepool or Gateshead and the match is called off suddenly, make the short trip down the coast and enjoy the medieval abbey, the Georgian vernacular architecture (inter alia) and the glorious up-to-date football of Whitby.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

If you're going to Hartlepool or Gateshead and the match is called off suddenly, make the short trip down the coast and enjoy the medieval abbey, the Georgian vernacular architecture (inter alia) and the glorious up-to-date football of Whitby.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

so good they named it twice!!.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Lincolnshire based so I lost my local games in Grimsby and Lincoln over the last couple of seasons.

I'll be looking out for the following away games: Leyton Orient, Hartlepool and Solihull. Would prefer Hartlepool in August/September or April/May
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

I predict Guiseley away for The Gulls' opening fixture.

Ray
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

wivelgull wrote: 03 Jul 2017, 17:32 If you're going to Hartlepool or Gateshead and the match is called off suddenly, make the short trip down the coast and enjoy the medieval abbey, the Georgian vernacular architecture (inter alia) and the glorious up-to-date football of Whitby.
Ah that would be if you were independent of anyone and could stay up there. I have already sampled the delights of the Northumbrian coast and think its Brilliant. as well as the castles with wonderful beaches out back.
I know Yorkshire has a lot to offer but only in the areas generally nowhere near the football grounds in question. shame really.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

its arriving soon! 1pm and we can all plan our lives again! do you think the OS is the best place to see it asap?
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

maybe on the vanarama site or their twitter feed?

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/fixtures
still keeping the faith
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Tranmere up first at Plainmoor, then Shots away.

Eastleigh over Christmas.

Hartlepool final away match, Orient away end of Feb.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Annoyingly the Orient game is scheduled for round 4 of the FAT so could/may have to be moved to a Tuesday night.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Feel sorry for Gateshead. They play us away on 23rd December. Now that is out of order
Lucy
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Ouch! You would struggle to pick a much harder start than our opening 3 games!!! Last years play off final losers and quite rightly favourites for promotion - Tranmere, at home ... followed by an equally tough looking first away game at Play Off semi finalists Aldershot and then that long trip to Gateshead!

First impressions are that Nicho needs to add those finishing touches to the squad (striker and a winger) ASAP so that we are as strong as we can be for that first week in August!

On a positive note, you would hope we attract a decent crowd (Tranmere will bring plenty I'm sure!) ...could we even get another 4000+ gate for this one? My other thought is that might the game be considered for BT coverage?