The right direction....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

merse btpir wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 06:42 This is a pertinent point......is there or has here ever been any documentary evidence that Steve Breed was 'bad' fro Torquay United? Not to my knowledge there hasn't; so why the 'idiot' calling and the description of him as 'a farce of a human'? That's pretty strong stuff that would earn you a punch in the mouth if uttered face to face to most people.

I think it is indeed an 'error', and indicative of having a grudge on him. Other people who have brought criticism on themselves have done so through their very public actions ~ Clarke Osborne, Dave Phillips, Merv Balson, Bernard Noble, Dave Thomas.......the list could go on and on and there is certainly a veritable number of hornets to come out of that collective nest.

[highlight=yellow]I expect threelittlepipglets to come back and quantify just why he has made those character assassinating statements.
[/highlight]
really Merse???
don't hold your breath.
the guys out to lunch.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

This really is a very aggressive forum. Various topics seem to get a personal very quickly with an incredibly low tolerant level for different views or banter.

I have noticed that alot of posters seem to be very quick to also get on new posters back as if they are not welcome. I'm not new to this forum, I simply didn't post for a while, forgot my passwords so decided to just open a new account but it's been a useful excercise to see just how unwelcome you feel as if you can't be trusted!

For what it's worth I certainly don't agree with the comment made about Steve Breed and agree that it should be challenged (his comments were way above any form of banter) but a moderator to seemingly threaten the poster and advise he will immediately remove him should he do anything like this again regardless of the other moderators feelings doesn't exactly promote freedom of speech!

Many need to chill out on here and realise we are supporting the same cause!
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

I'm not on your side piggy, your comments were personal and offensive plus your were very quick to belittle my views on another topic thinking I was new so could use the opportunity to points score.

Same seems to be happening to Ray from Barrow, his views may be a little off topic and centered around Barrow but they arnt offensive and at least he is contributing . Yet many are advising him it's not his site so should leave.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

view 1, good post .Don't like personal posts or heavy handed threats.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

View1 wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 15:06 For what it's worth I certainly don't agree with the comment made about Steve Breed and agree that it should be challenged (his comments were way above any form of banter) but a moderator to seemingly threaten the poster and advise he will immediately remove him should he do anything like this again regardless of the other moderators feelings doesn't exactly promote freedom of speech!
Not sure I agree with you on this View!. Threelittlepiglets instigated the post in question, looking for responses. He asked for further clarification on my response with a caveat "and before you launch a tirade of abuse". This I took to mean he was of a sensitive nature and wonted no part in abuse hurling. So it was to my surprise - as it was to many others - that he took it upon himself to start to throw insults at a well known upright citizen of the community.

So who is the aggressor here? The moderator? who in my opinion has been lenient; anyone on this forum who decides to insult another as a 'buffoon of life' is skating on the borderline of 'hate crime' rather than being denied 'freedom of speech'. However, I sure all can be laid to rest if, as another poster asked, Threelittlepiglets quantifies why he made those character assassinating statements.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

View1 wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 15:26 I'm not on your side piggy, your comments were personal and offensive plus your were very quick to belittle my views on another topic thinking I was new so could use the opportunity to points score.

Same seems to be happening to Ray from Barrow, his views may be a little off topic and centered around Barrow but they arnt offensive and at least he is contributing . Yet many are advising him it's not his site so should leave.
I presume it's me your referring too, regarding Ray. I never told him to leave. But why would members care about what reserve keeper they have signed, who left there forum/blog...etc. I couldn't care less. Why not as a barrow fan debate this on a barrow site. :keepie:
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 14:30 really Merse???
don't hold your breath.
the guys out to lunch.
Oh god. We all better hope he keeps off the wine, otherwise expect a club statement later :lol:
Lucy
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 16:14 I presume it's me your referring too, regarding Ray. I never told him to leave. But why would members care about what reserve keeper they have signed, who left there forum/blog...etc. I couldn't care less. Why not as a barrow fan debate this on a barrow site. :keepie:
Not referring to anyone specifically as there have been a few on various posts.

However there are many points of view I read I couldn't care less about but I respect the fact in matters to them. To advise him to leave as you don't feel it's relevant is not exactly the tolerant family club mentally we are all proud to be part of.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

View1 wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 15:06This really is a very aggressive forum. Various topics seem to get a personal very quickly with an incredibly low tolerant level for different views or banter. I have noticed that alot of posters seem to be very quick to also get on new posters back as if they are not welcome.
Aggressive ~ You're having a laugh aren't you? ~ the best debating theatres in the world take on the 'two sides of the house' concept as in the House of Commons rather than the arc of congress where it is difficult to tell who is on which side.........Yah-Boo politics maybe; but compelling viewing and well worth the experience if you can visit yourself and observe it.

......and I have no problem with newcomers having to earn their stripes, their place in the pecking order and in developing their own persona. New arrivals are a breath of fresh air and are to be welcomed; rather like two of the most unlikely additions to the staid old House of Lords in recent times: Michelle Mone ~ Baroness Mone ~ the self made lingerie tycoon; and John Bird ~ Baron Bird ~ the founder of The Big Issue. Lady Mone (now there's a name that conjurs up some wayward thoughts) and Baron Bird have already fallen foul of the Establishment. She for 'dressing inappropriately' which consisted of power dressing rather than slinking around in basque and suspenders unfortunately and he for having a 'Tourettes' tendency when slipping in the odd swearword when making his maiden speech..........great stuff!

One of the reasons I revel in the diversity of cosmopolitan London and not the staid old ways of where I was born and brought up is that I'm free here to mince around in my lizard skinned (named 'Eddie') jacket, tee shirt with integral brass zips and Pork Pie hat at the age of 65 without turning an eyebrow........wear those threads in Newton Abbot pal and you're likely to get reported to the police! :rofl:

Welcome to Ray of Barrow, and thankyou for 'wheeling yourself out'!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ooh dear me. spare me that mental vision lol. you will be slinking aound in a leopard skin leotard next. arrgghhh
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Having you in a royal blue bowler hat following the mortal remains of some poor soul around North Devon seems to remain in my mind Andrew! :)
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 17:49
One of the reasons I revel in the diversity of cosmopolitan London and not the staid old ways of where I was born and brought up is that I'm free here to mince around in my lizard skinned (named 'Eddie') jacket, tee shirt with integral brass zips and Pork Pie hat at the age of 65 without turning an eyebrow........wear those threads in Newton Abbot pal and you're likely to get reported to the police! :rofl:
Each to their own Merse: For you it's the yuppie gentrifiers of Kensington in all their gay libertarianism regalia sipping costa coffee or daiquiri's , whereas I, as many others, foster our own sense of the beautiful, afford it importance and find ourselves in the market town of Newton Abbot the place one most wants to be, for an early-evening cider - Ooh arr!,
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

merse btpir wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 20:39 Much hard work needs to be done both within the community and on the football development side of the club; the football infrastructure needs growing and the trust of the footballing public and local community needs to be won over.
I will not list all of the things that GI have promised, but have yet to deliver ~ or so we were told ~ but notably they did state:
There would be meetings with fans and other stakeholders to engage in discussions about a 5 year business plan.
There would be a Fans Forum 'within weeks' of GI taking over.
Local people would be invited to join the Board.

We're still waiting........... :whistle:
Last edited by merse btpir on 02 Jul 2017, 20:47, edited 2 times in total.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

MellowYellow wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 19:42 Each to their own Merse: For you it's the yuppie gentrifiers of Kensington in all their gay libertarianism regalia sipping costa coffee or daiquiri's..........
Hmmn...I knew I shouldn't have thrown this in :|

For Kensington read Camden Lock sitting by the Regents Canal this week in the beautiful sunshine and Mediterranean temperatures ~ I only 'do' North Ken and the Portuguese/Brazilian part of the Golborne Road in the shadow of Trellick Tower and it isn't a very pleasant place to go right now.; for Costa read a little independent and genuine Cuban coffee stall and whilst I have sipped the odd Daiquiri; my pension doesn't really run to that too often so it's a nice pint of artisan IPA in the pub next door to my gaff for my alcohol kicks.

For 'Gay' read gaily dressed, and if I make my planned little stop over in Kingsteignton next month I promise to dress down accordingly. I've taken heed of the mood!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Hard to believe when Osbourne was quoted in Herald Express saying he:

"admits his regret that he and GI 'were not open enough with our supporters from day one' and insists that producing 'a winning team' comes before GI's long-term off-field ambitions."

Ironic that this regret extends to the cancellation of an arranged meeting with the Towns MP.

As for a 'winning team; - Sorry Ray - but if we turn out teams anything like Barrow since they dropped out the league he will be waiting a long time.

What are these "off-field ambitions"? He'll be telling us next, he regrets building houses on Plainmoor?.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 02 Jul 2017, 20:51, edited 3 times in total.