The right direction....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Orient have started picking up some half decent players now - Joe Widdowson, David Mooney and Charlie Lee. Long way to go for them, but some of the kids they had to play last season seemed to have potential so I think they'll put together a side good enough to keep them well clear of the drop.

I agree with Gulliball's post that it is very tough to call who might fill the bottom 4 spots
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Gulliball wrote: 03 Jul 2017, 23:26 Paul Cox commenting that it is more competitive in the transfer market this summer, with a few of the promoted clubs (Flyde and Ebbsfleet in particular) spending big and other teams upping their spending in the hope of reaching the newly expanded play-off positions.

Anyone on here know anything about Barrow FC?

We've had a good summer on paper, but it does look like being a tougher division next season, as you won't have one of the L2 sides at the bottom now that Orient have some cash again, nor will at least two of the promoted sides we anywhere near the bottom.

The knock-on effect for us is that we have less of a safety margin if we under perform again. If there are no basket cases, and fewer minnows then the sides at the bottom of the table will be higher quality than last season and we also have to step up.

Last season we were quite safely in mid-table at the turn of the year, following which Blissett was sold and never replaced. We started to slip further and further down, lost a lot of confidence in the Sutton and Guiseley debacles, and when players like Fitzpatrick and Hodgkiss left, they were also not replaced. We ended the season with no target man, no right back and very little competition in the squad. For all the talk of GI, they didn't do what every previous TUFC owner has done, even those loathed to part with cash like Mike Bateson or those who needed to raise it from the fan's Player Fund recently, and do everything it takes to keep the club in the league. But for winning the last 3 games of the season, we would be in a regional league right now, that's how close we came - and it should have been prevented a lot earlier by stopping the slide in January-March time.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow-a ... 650d18c-ds
;-)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I don't know if anyone has paid close attention to the Grenfell Tower Inquiry set up and all the fall out over that dreadful situation. There has been a statement that has repercussions all around the country for a lot of other things as well. A Government Minister Sajid David has said that there should be no council meetings about any issue of interest to the community.
this is a statement he has made which impacts upon our community in trying to stop the council selling off the stadium from under our noses.
and I quote. "Whether you’re councillor or an MP, we are elected by our local communities to serve the people of our local communities – to ensure their interests are put first." in addition. We must rebuild, refresh and reinforce the trust that local people have in a local democracy.

But that won’t happen by hiding away.

Just as we can’t drop a democracy out of an aeroplane, so we can’t rebuild one from behind castle walls.

If people are going to trust their elected representatives, they have to see them working in the harsh light of the public eye, not in comforting shadows behind closed doors.

Not only must democracy exist; it must be seen to exist.

It can’t be about decisions made in private meeting rooms.

Nor can it be about experts telling people what’s best for them without ever taking the time to listen to their worries and concerns.

After all, Government is about serving people – not simply telling them what to do.

And local government must show that it is FOR the people – not just OF the people

THIS IS THE MINISTER AND SECRETARY OF STATE FOR COMMUNITY AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT

this will have an effect on all levels of government both national and local. from grass roots upward. as this filters down and if trust is to be rebuilt will we see and can we force the local politicians to listen and refer to Sajid David if they don't
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Paignton green
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin stubbs

Post by Paignton green »

How much is Harrow on erm I wonder the guy is a crook
Paignton green
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin stubbs

Post by Paignton green »

Meant harrop
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Glostergull wrote: 04 Jul 2017, 18:35 And local government must show that it is FOR the people – not just OF the people .........this will have an effect on all levels of government both national and local.......... from grass roots upward. as this filters down and if trust is to be rebuilt will we see and can we force the local politicians to listen and refer to Sajid David if they don't
It is Sajid Javid; Andrew.........Javid

Having said that; you're perfectly correct. The age of government of the people has to end and government by the people instigated in it's place ~ especially where Executive Mayors are concerned. The paces where people live and exist are communities not businesses!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Paignton green wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 13:18How much is Harrow on erm I wonder the guy is a crook
Does your name infer you're wet behind the ears or an Argyle numpty? because your posts are hitting a new low.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

We never used to have chief execs. its a post dreamed up to provide an extra level of autocracy. and higher wages. (yes I know it's called salaries at that level.) it's all just pedantic's. We don't need execs, we need real leaders. the last person I saw as a real leader. Actually, two of them, the President of Uruguay Jose Mujica who drove around in an old beat up Beatle. and he led by example. and the leader of the Polish Solidarity movement Lech Walesa who served time in prison for his beliefs. Until we have leaders like that we will never be great again. they put their country before themselves.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

interesting seeing as the Mayor appears to like GI's intentions....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-40682962
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468