TRIALISTS

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Mukendi was released after a month, Merse. Mr Bayliss can't have been particularly impressed either.

Ray
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

The Fondop showreel which Jeff posted suggested that Fondop could be well worth a few more pre season games.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I noticed a certain Liam Northcott was in the United side at Newton Abbot. I wonder if he is any relation to the great Tommy.
Northamptongull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Ruari keatings

Post by Northamptongull »

Jack Compton played for us today
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

It appears Stoke Gabriel won 5-2!!!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

It became a real farce when the kitman ( !!!! ) Russel Cleave came on in defence ! Stupid idea and a bit of an insult to the real triallists. Stokes goals all came because of that.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Anyone know who the number 7 for TUFC was today? looked to be the only half decent player. always looked to beat his man. bringing on the kit man was an insult to be honest. Number 10 for Stoke Gabriel could be a player, looked good.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Yes 7,10 and 17 looked o.k. but when supporters pay money to watch a competitive match to watch their club you expect a professional approach nobody minds losing but not like that. :@ As the club will become a laughing stock.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

arcadia wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 18:56 Yes 7,10 and 17 looked o.k. but when supporters pay money to watch a competitive match to watch their club you expect a professional approach nobody minds losing but not like that. :@ As the club will become a laughing stock.
:goodpost:
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

The number 7 was Macauley Southam I believe, was also very good against Newton Spurs. Best player on the pitch IMO.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Nicho confirms any names from newton game that was not named in today's squad are unlikely to be seen at the club again, including both James Gray and Mike Fondop.

Missed opportunities on them I reckon, especially Fondop.

http://torquayunited.com/2017/07/08/gaf ... -2-defeat/
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Agree with Arcadia & 3 x littlepiglets. I didn't go to the Stoke Gabriel friendly, but to play an unfit kitman is disrespectful to your opponents and makes a laughing stock of the club. Also, the triallists must be left wondering what sort of club is this ?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It's time Nicho stopped copping out. The number of players who he assesses as beyond his management now virtually comprise a team on their own. Trials are one thing, turning fixtures into trials ( both seemingly of character as well as ability) with 11 totally unknowns or out of classers are another. Fans turn up for fixtures and pay money to watch. Employing the old adage about learning about players in defeat when it's totally self inflicted doesn't wash I,m afraid. It's not a professional way to be carrying on. Nicho has done himself no favours at all today.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I can see why many have commented on Macauley Southam, as being one of the better trialists. Before his release Macauley known as 'Macca' was part of a highly successful Cardiff City Development team that topped the Development League Two South table in consecutive seasons. Cardiff's development players are coached to a very high standard, playing ball to feet with good first touch and to work as a unit. To explain what I mean, I attach a link showing 40 passes for a well taken goal (although he is not the goal scorer).

Macca is a versatile player who was actually Cardiff's under-18 team captain before moving up to the U23's team. While at Cardiff, Macca played as a attacking wing back and was skilled in the art of taking on, and beating, a full back on the outside. This style of play fits into Nicho's moulding of wing back play; so out of a generally poor group of trialist this season, Macca is the only one I can see possibiy being offered a contract.

Although a coincidence, Cardiff City Under-23s coach is called Kevin Nicholson. Ain't karma a bitch!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Incorrect - the other Kev Nicho left Cardiff months back and is now manager at Bangor in Wales. He actually came to Plainmoor to help with a couple of training sessions, and completed his UEFA Pro license not long ago.

Re Fondop, I wonder whether it's an attitude thing..it was daft that he squared up to a Newton Spurs player for not a lot, and in a game like that. That temperament would be a risk in games that actually matter!