Club Badge refreshed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tufc83
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Club Badge refreshed

Post by Tufc83 »

View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Isnt this exactly the sort of decision owners who are trying to strengthen links with the community should gain opinion on?

This is our club and to change our logo with no consultation is insulting. For what its worth I dont like the new design either.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

In prefer it. The (now old) badge is more blue than yellow which does not reflect our colours. Prefer the navy blue as well.

I take the point about fan consultation though. Perhaps they had to rush it through for the branding next season (kits etc) but could have been handled better.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Thumbs up from me. Looks good.

Top clubs regularly change their badges slightly when they launch a new kit, can't see any problem with us doing it too.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

It's modern. It's bold. It's crisp and defining. It's minimalist and it contrasts. It's bloody awful.

Not even yellow either.

I'm all for revamping the club crest. Maybe get someone to do it who isn't colourblind and who has put more than 2 minutes thought into it.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 30 Jun 2017, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I think it looks ok.

I'm not sure consultation with the supporters is necessary, it's a badge. If Sainsbury alter their logo, I'll still shop there.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I actually really like it. It is a bold move from an organisation who are still to fully gain the trust of their fans, but for me it's paid off, and this attention to streamlining the branding for me is another step in the right direction as a business, and shows that they are paying attention to the details and looking to move the club forward as a brand. The old logo was looking a bit tired in my eyes.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Plus 1 on liking it. Good effort.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Like kits i guess, opinions will be split so you can't please everyone. I suppose fair play to the club for addressing one aspect of the club,like many other things about it that need bringing into this ever evolving modern era.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Is it my eyes then or is it a gold sort of colour? I was expecting a bright vivid yellow.
Babbacombe warrior
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Keating

Post by Babbacombe warrior »

On my fans questionnaire I said that I wanted a new website and cleaner branding to take the club forward.

New website on the way, new badge and Nike kit... I think the new owners have come up trumps so far and the playing staff budget seems to be better with us signing seasoned pros.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

I actually like it....(and I'm not easy to please!) .... I would only change one thing, and that is having 'TORQUAY UNITED' in the reversed out with 'FOOTBALL CLUB' not reversed.... to me the words 'Football Club' stand out more than the club's name.

I was never a fan of the 'lighter' blue.... so quite happy with the colours (although, being picky, I would've gone for an 'old gold').

Just need to see what it looks like on the kit.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Must say it looks sort of okayish to me. It looks like its been done to make it easier to reproduce digitally, bold outlines etc, which a number of clubs have done recently.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

I don't mind it. At least the weird art deco seagull has survived.

It's great that supporters do want to be involved, however I think a lot of this has stemmed from years of lack of confidence in those in power to make strong decisions.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

I like it more than the last version which had the pointless diagonal highlight across it!
Would have lifted the inner element slightly as its sitting too low within the inner circle (but that's just my opinion).

A little 'Oxford Utd' in the colour scheme but then I always preferred their kits as well. If you go too pale on the colours, it can't be easily read.