Club Badge refreshed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

View1 wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 16:49 Do you have an emotional connection with Sainsbury? Do you lie in bed at night worrying about whether they are likely to be able to pay their staff at the end of the month and if their fisher monger is going to perform when filleting his fish?

A football club and your local supermarket are very different things in my opinion.
So your weekend has been f***ed up by the change of a badge has it?

:} Get over it, the general consensus seems to be that the badge is good, there's no red in it and we can still enjoy the current squad building.

I hope they've run the new website by you before they launch it properly.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

threelittlepiglets wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 20:59 You need to get out a little :)
I think he/she needs to get out a lot!

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Got to say, I like the new badge. It looks smart and modern. The colors are good too.

Looking at it in the new goalkeeper link in another thread, the Torquay United really stands out. Good job whoever designed this.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Burnhamgull wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 21:45 I think he/she needs to get out a lot!
I was merely highlighting the fact that a supermarket and a football club are very different things and to try and compare the two is unrealistic you seem to have taken my point literally.

My view remains that this was a clear opportunity for the club to liaise with supporters, which will help improve relations. You may disagree, which is what a forum is about but I think you need to try and personalise it and insult a fellow fan for having a different view point is pathetic in truth.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

Burnhamgull wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 21:43 So your weekend has been f***ed up by the change of a badge has it?

:} Get over it, the general consensus seems to be that the badge is good, there's no red in it and we can still enjoy the current squad building.

I hope they've run the new website by you before they launch it properly.

As above per my comments above.

I'm glad the general consensus is positive, I'm not always right but am free to give my opinion.

I am encouraging the club to align itself with the fans. I can't understand why that would require you to belittle even if you don't agree, or is this a way you treat new members to make yourself appear the big man?
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

The design is okay but I hate the colouring. The blue is far too dark, people have said the old badge was too 90's, well the dark, dark blue is what we were wearing then. The new badge isnt exactly radical though, maybe a chance missed.
iuygf.jpeg
iuygf.jpeg (9.65 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (9.12 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Great news for Gulls fans. Badge modernisation is so vital in this new era of digitisation.

Ray
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I like it...its still just refreshed slightly. Remember webby back in 1980s changed it completely with 2 palm trees....all though to be fair I quite liked that aswell...
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

As long as our new kit is not in those colours. Torquay United do not play in yellow and dark navy/black
Maybe I am wrong but thought club badges were supposed to be in club colours ? Ours is not now
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

I actually really like it. Is this to become our new official crest or is it just for the coming season?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I would imagine it is permanent and was probably done to facilitate easier digital reproduction, as many clubs have done recently.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Can't say I like the badge and certainly not the dark blue/black,but then it's properly a bit modern for me but won't loose any sleep over it.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

:bow:
threelittlepiglets wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 16:27 :goodpost:
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

View1 wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 16:49 Do you have an emotional connection with Sainsbury? Do you lie in bed at night worrying about whether they are likely to be able to pay their staff at the end of the month and if their fisher monger is going to perform when filleting his fish?

A football club and your local supermarket are very different things in my opinion.
Its not that sainsbury's is different from TUFC, its that the customer perspective I'd different.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

At this point, I'd like to make it clear that other supermarkets are available.

:~D :~D :~D