Yann Klukowski

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Yann Klukowski

Post by brooker »

brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Don't know much about him to be honest, looks like he had a good spell with Forest Green a couple of seasons ago. Would be interesting to hear what York fans have to say about him.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

A Good signing, experienced player, he was 4 seasons at forest green and scored 48 goals, if we can get another striker in this squad looks very good, well done nicho, nice to see a mix of young and older heads.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

On the face of it seems like a decent signing, offers some much needed height in the middle of the pitch and a helpful in both boxes on set pieces.

Have to say I feel if there is money left for a decent target man and some supporting players then on paper we seem to have recruited well.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Another experienced player signed. Not sure what happened at York but looking at his previous clubs he appears to be an all-action midfielder. At Forest Green he grabbed 48 goals over 4 seasons making him their all-time top scorer in the Conference. So he is not shy in front of goal and apparently he was one of FGR fans favourite. Took his time to adapt to league football at Newport but did score three goals in Newport’s last six games in 2016. Happy with this signing. If we can obtain another fast paced forward with a proven goal scoring record I will be very happy with the signings to date. I know some will say we had one in Williams ( I would agree) but he is gone now, so we have move on.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

and he has to be better than Richards by a country mile, have seen him play a few times and always seemed a decent player, he can tackle and pass to the right player , Richards couldn't do either.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

A very good signing as he seems to average a goal every 5 games from midfield which is an excellent strike rate.

Loads of experience. Age 30 and should be ideal for the team Nicho is building.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Always remember seeing his name pop up regularly on the scoresheet for FGR a few years back. Seems to have stalled a bit in the last few years, so has to see this as a chance to kick start.

However, as I've said before I fully expected a team of academy rejects so the fact we are signing players with proven records at this level is positive.

Given his position and record, does this perhaps indicate a further shift (as discussed on the Liam Davis thread) to a 3-5-2 shape? With Klukowski playing in front of Lathrope/Young, and Davis/Higgins providing the width?
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

yes your right there piglets, the guy couldn't tackle a pork pie, bloody useless article, maccs are welcome to him, whatever nicho was thinking when he made him captain I will never know.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Milner33 »

Think he looks like a brilliant signing lots of experience and even scored 18 goals in a season only 4 years ago plus, I like that he has height and strength something we have been lacking in the midfield for a couple of seasons.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

His height and strength was a major reason why he was converted into centre back at York last season, hence why he was not popping in goals I guess. For information I see he was allowed to move to Torquay despite having a year left to run on his York contract. Anybody any ideas why?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Only a guess but York perhaps wanted to free up his wages because they needed to recruit a player or players in a different position.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I have nothing agin the new signing , but Zitty , if he works as hard as Richards did , we will indeed have some player.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

Agree Dazza that Richards worked hard and ran around he certainly wasn't lazy, but he couldn't tackle or pass
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Richards is a funny one because most said the same about Lee Mansell and look how much Bristol Rovers valued him after he left.

This type of player is typically not a fans favourite but a manager and teammates would deem them invaluable.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/