Yann Klukowski

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Richinns wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 18:59 Richards is a funny one because most said the same about Lee Mansell and look how much Bristol Rovers valued him after he left.

This type of player is typically not a fans favourite but a manager and teammates would deem them invaluable.
I'd beg to differ on that. A box to box, heart on the sleeve, hard tackler is very often a fans favourite. Everyone loves to see passion.

Charlie Oatway is an excellent example of a player Plainmoor quickly took to their hearts.

Lee Mansell was very much a fans favourite for the majority of his time here, but he seemed to go a bit stale towards the end. The move freshened him up and he got to play with much better players.

Courtney was just lacking that little bit extra. His tackling wasn't that good often resulting in silly fouls. He often wasted possession when making poor decisions.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

MellowYellow wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 18:03 His height and strength was a major reason why he was converted into centre back at York last season, hence why he was not popping in goals I guess. For information I see he was allowed to move to Torquay despite having a year left to run on his York contract. Anybody any ideas why?
York have/ had a bloated squad from Jackie McNamara just signing anyone and everyone on 2 year deals plus Gary Mills didn't hang about either signing players willy nilly so they have to trim the fat now they are in NLN. In light of this it is difficult to understand just why they were so atrocious given the fact that both managers were pretty much given carte blanche to bring in anybody they could get their hands on.

I think this was to the detriment of the cohesion of the team and it was just too much. Too many players being brought in and faffed around with in the side. Too many cooks spoil the broth so to speak.

Klukowski was part of a chaotic and constantly changing York side and York didn't get anywhere near the best out of him so it's easy to forgive this period in his career. I wouldn't have wanted to drop to NLN either, would you? :lol:

As others have said, overall for this level he looks like a beneficial signing if played in his favoured position and given a solid run in the side alongside regular starters.

Some really solid additions to the side being made. You could almost be forgiven for thinking that GI mean business.

Mean business they indeed do. But not in the way we think i don't doubt. :scarf:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

That was the opinion I was waiting for ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Great signing.

Ray
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 22:41 That was the opinion I was waiting for ;-)
I've no idea why Dave. I'm usually just full of sh*te. :na:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'd have thought one of my previous replies to you when you explained why you left us would have explained that comment. Either way, you should know how good, bad or indifferent he is as a player ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 13:28 I'd have thought one of my previous replies to you when you explained why you left us would have explained that comment. Either way, you should know how good, bad or indifferent he is as a player ;-)
:~D :-D
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Joined Kiddy on a month loan.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Plymouth Gull wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 11:42 Joined Kiddy on a month loan.
I see Owers and Klukowski played in the same Bath side in 2003 - 05. Maybe they didn't quite see eye-to-eye, hence Klukowski's fairly prompt departure from Plainmoor as soon as he was fit. :-/