Liam Davis New Left Back

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Liam Davis New Left Back

Post by Milner33 »

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

now, this could be very interesting signing. Liam has played against us a few times. for Oxford and Cheltenham. Not sure if he did when at Yeovil but when he has been injury free he seems to have excited the fans, he is a pacy winger and although he doesn't score many goals he has stepped down a link to the National League and he could be really exciting for us. he might even have a really exciting season for us. maybe it's misplaced but I am beginning to have a really good feeling about the coming season.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

If fit from his injuries. Looking like another great signing. What we need know is a Rene Howe/sills
Lucy
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

decent signing who has pace, something our full backs have lacked in recent years, and can play on the wing as well
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

I see Rene has scored 48 goals for kettering in the last two seasons, still only 30, would be good if we could get him back but I very much doubt it, a fit Rene is a very good footballer.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Zippy wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 08:23 I see Rene has scored 48 goals for kettering in the last two seasons, still only 30, would be good if we could get him back but I very much doubt it, a fit Rene is a very good footballer.
Hard to imagine he is only 30, get him back. He can't surely be on much at Kettering
Lucy
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

lucy6lucy wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 08:44 Hard to imagine he is only 30, get him back. He can't surely be on much at Kettering
I think that may be irrelevant, as he's local to that area (I think he was from Bedford originally) and always seemed to do his best work for the Poppies. I always assumed him playing there now was because it suited his personal situation, in which case all the money in the world wouldn't sway him.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

From the Cheltenham fans forum about him signing for us:
That's laughable, he is miles better than that but good luck to him, a quality player.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Looks promising.... unlike other years we have got some valuable experience and even some talent aswell.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

ha, yeah like Cheltenham are bigger than us, stayed up by the skin of their teeth.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Zippy wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 08:20 decent signing who has pace, something our full backs have lacked in recent years, and can play on the wing as well
Zippy - are you ROADRUNNER in disguise ?? We used to rely on ROADRUNNER for reliable rumours and 'hot off the press' news but he doesn't seem to be around ....... and you seem to be providing titbits of information ........ :|
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

As long as he doesn't have lingering injury issues I think this is a great signing, and should provide us with a decent option at left back or left wing.

Checking out a few websites from former clubs they have always spoken well of him and surprised he has dropped down into the National league.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

lucy6lucy wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 08:44 Hard to imagine he is only 30, get him back. He can't surely be on much at Kettering
Rene's playing two levels below National League now and happens to be a very wealthy man these days. He's probably neither interested, fit enough or hard up enough to return to somewhere so far from home and play for whatever Torquay United could afford to pay him.....he also plays under John Ramshaw at Kettering by the way.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

tomogull wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 16:41 Zippy - are you ROADRUNNER in disguise ?? We used to rely on ROADRUNNER for reliable rumours and 'hot off the press' news but he doesn't seem to be around ....... and you seem to be providing titbits of information ........ :|
Good shout ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com