Liam Davis New Left Back

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Excuse my ignorance on this if answered elsewhere but whats happened to him?

I was very excited about this signing and the reports I found on him suggested we have done very well to get him, but he hasn't played a minute to my knowledge for us and for a player that has historically had injury issues I would think a full pre season is vital.

Did he pick up an injury in training or come in with one? If its the latter then Im surprised we took what appears to be a big risk on him. I know others were out injured last night but all have at least featured in other games and been spotted in training.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

He was definitely there last night, seen him walking in from the car park behind the players entrance, in the TUFC training kit. hopefully its not too serious, there was no sign of a limp!
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

picked up a slight foot injury in training, nothing serious
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

So Liam Davis is still 'injured' due to some prescribed orthotic insoles. You have to ask who prescribed these knowing he is a professional footballer with the 'side effects' they have given him. This has been going on for weeks now so not something trivial in my view.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

So how did he pass a medical?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

The same way we all pass medicals! Let's please all stop panicking and let's see what happens...
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Not panicking it is just frustrating when we are playing the league favourites on Saturday,needing a full strength side,without a recognised left back (apart from the gaffer of course!).
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Dazza wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 18:43 The same way we all pass medicals! Let's please all stop panicking and let's see what happens...
Do you mean cough at the right moment with the doctor?
Talking of injuries what's happening with Gowling?
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

he has tendonitis ,its not life threatening, he will be back soon.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Dazza wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 18:43 The same way we all pass medicals! Let's please all stop panicking and let's see what happens...
we have seen.... NOTHING....

Cant be that minor, he hasn't figured at all, even in training.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Let's put our faith in Gareth Law - he's a top man.
TUST member 200 ;-)
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

torq2u wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 22:55 Let's put our faith in Gareth Law - he's a top man.
He needs to be with Clarke, Davis and Gowling all struggling with niggles.

Still we moan when the team is too inexperienced and then we moan when the old blokes get injured... Lose, Lose...

Don;t worry we have Chaney at left back?!?!?!?! LOL :bow:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Piglets is back spreading his crap I see....................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

There's no reason why Jordan Lee or Chaney himself can't do an adequate job at left back on Saturday. That is what football management is; utilising your assembled squad.

Last Saturday I saw 18 year old Ainsley Maitland-Niles star at left wingback for Arsenal against Benfica. Why do I mention that? Because Maitland-Niles had only ever been played down the right flank before but proved as any well balanced and two footed footballer can that he could play in any part of the pitch. From what I have seen of Sam Chaney, he is two footed and well balanced, so why not?
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

I dont see it being an issue for Saturday, players get injured all the time and its a squad game.

My concern is Davis has struggled with injuries for a while now and I felt really needed a decent pre season to his body right and ready for the tough season ahead, he has missed that entire phase which is disappointing but it is what it is and Im sure in time he will provide a decent acquisition, I just hope he isnt rushed back and breaks down again.