Ryan Clarke - New Goalie

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Not one of US has any clue how ANY of the signings will turn out. Absolutely NONE at all!

Nicho I am sure is trying to sign the best he can, and even he wont know IF they do turn out ok either, because you cant read inside someone's head. But I am sure he is trying to put a decent team together.
TUST MEMBER
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Neal wrote: 26 Jun 2017, 12:06 Not one of US has any clue how ANY of the signings will turn out. Absolutely NONE at all!

Nicho I am sure is trying to sign the best he can, and even he wont know IF they do turn out ok either, because you cant read inside someone's head. But I am sure he is trying to put a decent team together.
I am not sure I can totally agree with you on this point. Admittedly every time we make a new signing we are taking a risk, for example the style of play or formation may not suit the individual - Brett Williams being a case in question. None the less the risk of signing a new player is dramatically reduced if Dave Hedges has done his recruitment homework by ringing people who have worked with them before, and speaking to players who have played with them before, especially if they’re experienced players. It would appear to me that our recruitment strategy is to look for experienced players to hit the ground running this season rather than be forced to build a new young team from scratch.

As supporters we can also find out whether the player is up to the mark. Friends in Hampshire who follow Eastleigh tell me that Ryan Clarke is a top rate goalkeeper and people I know and spoken to in Grimsby tell me that we have signed a real gem in Josh Gowling. I trust their judgement.