Lingy back in the game and at Plainmoor soon ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Lingy back in the game and at Plainmoor soon ?

Post by Glostergull »

He was great for us until his illness and we should have looked after him a lot better but we didnt. but it is indeed great to see him back in the game with Orient as Director of Football :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: and it should be a little easier on his health hopefully. would be great to see him back here when we play Orient later this season. what do you all think ? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Personally I liked ling. you can't blame the club entirely on his illness/depression , maybe ask Swindon the same question. Will national league at Leyton orient be easier? Almost certainly not. A very brave recruitment by LO and equally for ling to accept. Hope it works. But I disagree he is going there on a easy ride.
Lucy
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

I didn't say he has an easy ride but he is not in the direct firing line that the manager is. so in a sense, he will not feel the stress he did as Big boss man, if you get my drift.

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

First of all. Quite why a NL club and one which hadn't a bent bean to spend only a few short moments ago would think a Director of Football role is both viable and necessary is beyond me.

Secondly I can't help feel that Martin has made a bad decision despite his obvious loyalty and history with the O's. The club currently are a basket case and although i'm not party to the specifics of his illness, what I do know from personal experience is that anybody who is recovering from depression / anxiety / stress related illness is that stability and support are needed. Not sure he'll get either at Orient the mess and transition they are in.

Andy (GG) is right in saying that it will be the manager taking all the flak but the pressure to turn the club around in such a short space of time with so much uncertainty around the place is bound to affect Martin also.

I have no love for any London club being a Londonaphobe but I do hope Orient can steady the ship and sort themselves out because they are real old fashioned proper football club with fans alike and it would also mean that Martin would be a hugely successful part of that and I feel it's the least he deserves.

I'm sceptical but it's football at the end of the day and anything can happen. If Orient can get themselves sorted then they and Martin will benefit and hopefully displace the likes of Fleetwood and MK Dons who don't really even deserve to be in the Football League.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Actually Andy. Orient have just been bought out by a millionaire fan of theirs and he has paid off all debts and started getting them in the right direction. I tip them for one of the top if not top positions this year. I know they had a really bad year last year but it was due to off-field shenanigans more than the team but this year they have none of that and should be able to easily steady the ship.

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

A faltering ex league club in decline bought out by a millionaire.

Yep. Like I said. Mess and transition.

Millionaires don't necessarily spend all their kahuna's on the football club they own.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 25 Jun 2017, 00:57 A faltering ex league club in decline bought out by a millionaire.

Yep. Like I said. Mess and transition.

Millionaires don't necessarily spend all their kahuna's on the football club they own.
Andy, it does help when he is a supporter. Expect dunking donuts in the ground. But seriously flashback to Paul Bristow in 2008 millionaire/ supporter. Now they where good times. Leyton orient will be a force. Maybe not next year but certainly the next.
Lucy