Jon-Paul Pittman signs!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Pittman's most prolific season as a scorer was last season with 11 goals from 21 games for Harrogate in the National League North. But how come he only played 21 games? Is he injury prone or just a bench warmer?
I just don't see anything yet to suggest he is an adequate replacement for Williams unless he is a squad player in which case we still need a bone fide striker, otherwise we are placing a very heavy burden on Keating who is still a developing talent.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Slightly off topic but Williams has signed for Bromley!
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

You could replace Williams with Prince Edward for all the hard work he put in last year. I'm happy with Pittman, but would like to see another striker added to the squad. As ever, finances, availability and location will dictate what happens.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I would not go as far as to say Brett Williams was rubbish more our style of play and formation was not suited to him. You might criticize him for not trying harder to adapt or indeed criticize Nicho for not creating a formation that suited Williams given he is a proven goal scorer and we needed goals. All came good at the end but it was to little too late I am afraid. Was sorry to see him go but we move on to a new pairing -
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

well if all else is lost and we are struggling for a striker, we could see if Red Robbo is free. he was aways om strike
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843