TUFC 2017/18 Squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

It's Myles Anderson, slightly underwhelming!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

The interview with Kevin Nicholson on the OS today explains clearly why to date we have only made one signing if you exclude players here last season.

Kevin did say he expects to announce more signings in the next day or two.

Very good interview in my opinion.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Following Myles Anderson signing Nicho states "he will have plenty of competition for places this season " which means either one of two things. We are going to have a plethora of signings in the next two weeks or it has evaded Nicho that we currently only have 7 players signed up for next season.
I wait with baited breathe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I think that means he'll have at least two other strong centre backs to compete with. For example if we have McGinty and Gowling then he might not start the season as first choice and so will have lots of work to do to get in the team and stay in it. I don't think it means we'll have 4, 5 or 6 centre backs in the squad.

Presumably to have got a deal from us having initially been on the 'limbo' list, he fits into our finances. So, as possibly 3rd choice centre back he'll be a good addition to the squad and can keep competition for starting places alive.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Updated list:

GK -
(R)GK -

LB -
(R)LB -

CB - McGinty
CB - Anderson
CB -

RB -
(R)RB -

CM - Lathrope
CM - Young
(R)CM - Chaney
(R)CM -

LW - Gosling
RW -
(R)W -

ST - Keating
ST -
(R)ST -
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Burnhamgull wrote: 12 Jun 2017, 17:02 Completely agree with some of the comments above. LRT was a poor full back and always looked frightened to receive the ball.

The lack of incoming players is not a concern to me yet but it's not going to entice anybody to take a punt on a ST.
According to the most recent Herald, we've sold around 700-800. Surprised me as I expected half that, to be honest.

Whether we get any signings that see that push on to 1,000+ I don't know, but I imagine not.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Good interview with Kevin, thought he talked and explained things well but as usual , talking means nothing
and it is all about results. All I ask is to see a gradual improvement in performances and results and not another
relegation struggle
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Plymouth Gull wrote: 13 Jun 2017, 12:28 According to the most recent Herald, we've sold around 700-800. Surprised me as I expected half that, to be honest.

Whether we get any signings that see that push on to 1,000+ I don't know, but I imagine not.
Yea I'm surprised by the claim that we've sold 700-800 already. Last year at £200 per ST, we sold 1000 so either fans were suitably impressed with the quality of football they watched or somebody is stretching the truth.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Would say that the 700 odd season ticket buyers are just diehard fans who will support the club through thick
and thin whatever the results - like me
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Jon-Paul Pittman and Josh Gowling - interesting signings, a few more of those and the season ahead will be even more interesting I like the idea that we are building a nucleus of experienced players so the likes of Keating and any other young blood coming through the ranks will have good guidance on the field of play.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

2 solid signings today. I was a little frustrated with the lack of progress but the squad is slowly taking shape. A few more in this mould and we really should be a lot more competitive. I think priorities now are fullbacks and a goal keeper. It doesn't seem that Moore is returning, surely he would have re-signed by now?

Well done Kev, so far!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Updated list:

GK -
GK -

LB -
LB -

CB - McGinty
CB - Gowling
CB - Anderson

RB -
RB -

CM - Lathrope
CM - Young
CM - Chaney
CM -

LW - Gosling
RW -
W -

ST - Keating
ST - *Pittman
ST -

*Although Pittman could be utilised as a winger depending on how Nicho sees it
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I would like to see Gallifuoco stay on too as a fourth CB/cover for RB/cover for DM. Not fussed at all that Rowe-Turner has gone - am actually hoping Richards follows and if Poke is returning then I'm not too disappointed about Moore going. He's made some great saves in his time here but also makes a number of errors, and his distribution is often poor.

Hopefully we'll hear news of some more players signed on before the weekend.